• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney Parks Moms Panel 2015

Happy weekend everyone! How have you all made it through this weekend? I have dreamed for years about making round 2 so needless to say this weekend was a very unproductive one around the house! Amazing how many hours can be spent:

1) Rereading "Congratulations" letter
2) Analyzing current Moms Panel questions and answers
3) Viewing Moms Panel videos, reading bios and previous submission videos
4) Social media! DIS, FB, Twitter.... wow!

But I'm not complaining. Kids and I have enough clothes to get through 6 weeks of not doing laundry and plenty of mac 'n cheese in the cupboard, I'm soooo ready for this!
:yay:

Wow! I seem to be going backwards! I have made it to R2 4 times and once to R3, but evidently I'm out this year. :sad1:

Best Wishes to all those moving on, especially all you former R3ers, and SUPER-especially all those who have been to R3 multiple times. I know first hand that the sting hurts the closer you get, so I am rooting for all of you!!

I feel your pain:worried: I made it to R3 2 years, then R2 last year. I have made it to R2 again, but at this point it seems to get more personal. I have always believed there was a reason other than I "just wasn't good enough". Obviously I'm not the only Disney nut around;) My telephone interview skills couldn't be THAT bad could they??:confused3:(:confused3

Anyway, I always think for a sec "that's it", but I really just love answering the questions and the whole process - as heartbreaking as it can be.

My family and I just took a quick trip to Atlanta this weekend. I spent the entire 8 hrs. driving time reading the 2014 MP hopeful thread, trying to keep up with MP search on Facebook and Twitter tweets. At first I was trying to act nonchalant about this whole thing but I think the cats out of the bag on that one! I really do hope to move on but am scared to hope to much!

After reading nearly all of last years thread I could really feel the hope, the nervousness and the excitement from the MP hopefuls AND of those that made it all the way through! I'm hoping a Dis member or three, four..ten... ;)makes it again this year. So excited! pixiedust:

I feel your pain:worried: I made it to R3 2 years, then R2 last year. I have made it to R2 again, but at this point it seems to get more personal. I have always believed there was a reason other than I "just wasn't good enough". Obviously I'm not the only Disney nut around;) My telephone interview skills couldn't be THAT bad could they??:confused3:(:confused3

Anyway, I always think for a sec "that's it", but I really just love answering the questions and the whole process - as heartbreaking as it can be.

I am afraid of taking rejection personally too. However, I am betting it is not that anything is wrong with you or your interviewing skills, or that you are not "good enough" but instead the competition is just that high. Everyone who makes it to round 3 is good, and really knows their Disney stuff and truly possess that Disney spirit but yet cuts have to be made.

I wish you and the other returning hopefuls a bucket full of pixie dust!

Does anyone know how many panelists they are looking for this year? It does seem round 2 is fairly large so wondering what our odds are.

In the past I've been guilty of feeling rejected too. I don't doubt that as it goes further and gets more personal, it'll be harder to take...the whole "what did I do wrong" feeling. But I feel honored to have been chosen to even go this far, so I'm going to just try and enjoy the process :)

Hi all!!! I'm SO excited for everybody!!! Personally, I can't wait until Tuesday to see what essays and video we have to submit! Like some others, I have applied every year, made it to R2 a few times and R3 twice. After 8 years this whole process has become as familiar as my yearly family beach vacation! lol

I really feel for all of you who didn't make it this year. It stinks big time. I've been there year after year and trust me on this one, it's MUCH easier to get the "no" email earlier rather than later. I know that's probably no consolation at the moment, but I'm confident that this time next year there's an awesome chance you'll be in R2!! Don't give up!

Hi all!!! I'm SO excited for everybody!!! Personally, I can't wait until Tuesday to see what essays and video we have to submit! Like some others, I have applied every year, made it to R2 a few times and R3 twice. After 8 years this whole process has become as familiar as my yearly family beach vacation! lol

I really feel for all of you who didn't make it this year. It stinks big time. I've been there year after year and trust me on this one, it's MUCH easier to get the "no" email earlier rather than later. I know that's probably no consolation at the moment, but I'm confident that this time next year there's an awesome chance you'll be in R2!! Don't give up!

You are not kidding! That R3 "not this year" phone call was awful! (It used to be a phone call.) And I definitely know what you mean about the familiar process--fall means football and DisneyMP! I just feels so weird to NOT be making that video.

So ironic: Although an expert on WDW, I was not selected to answer questions and give advice as a member of the MP. Evidently I am now an expert on the MP application process, and have been answering questions and giving advice to other hopefuls -- so that they can answer questions and give advice as a member of the MP! :scratchin LOL!

Was anyone else up way to late last night laying in bed answering questions and making videos in their head!?:surfweb:

Count me in the R2 group! I was sitting in bed at AKL reading my email (I couldn't sleep, I was so excited to be in WDW), and I got the congrats email! Talk about adding magic to a trip. Sounds like I'm in very good company. Good luck to all!

Hello everyone! I kept the fact that I had applied for the Moms Panel VERY hush-hush among my friends, family and even my online friends... I figured that there was no way that I would progress beyond Round 2 in my first year.

Cue my surprise when I went to clean out my gmail spam filter and found an invitation to Round 2 in there!!!

I'm at a distinct disadvantage due to my newbie status (and the fact that, I'll be honest, I don't know a ton about the MP or what the next steps entail) but I certainly hope to have fun during the process.

Congrats to everyone else who had the guts to submit an application and to those who made it to R2! :)

Just checking in to say that I'm heading on to Round 2 for the 2nd time and am super excited! I'd love to hear from those who successfully made it to Round 3 in years past to see what they think helped them.

It's gonna be a great week!!!! :cloud9:

Just popping in here to catch up and say that I made it to round 2. Excited for tomorrow, though teaching a class in the evening is going to cut into my planning of response time, haha.

Got my Thanks, but No Thanks email on Friday. :(

It was really quite shocking to see that email sitting in my inbox, because I had thought when we applied that they were only sending out emails to those who made it to the next round. I didn't think I would be getting an email if I didn't make it through. Am I the only one here that thought emails would be going out only to those who made it?

Congrats to all those who made it through and best of luck in the upcoming rounds! pixiedust:

Honestly, Lisa I have to believe at some point there must be a random element, don't you think? I mean once they have whittled down the list to the most qualified candidates, I think it would be really difficult to say that one is "better" than another. It would be so hard to choose! Thinking that at some point the committee just starts throwing darts makes me feel better!:rotfl:

I actually asked what areas I was lacking when I received the "no thanks" phone call. I was told that I didn't do anything wrong, it is just that there are SO MANY qualified applicants. I'm sure that you, (and me!), and many others who haven't made the cut would do a fabulous job on the panel. They just have to start swinging the ax somewhere!

Got my Thanks, but No Thanks email on Friday. :(

It was really quite shocking to see that email sitting in my inbox, because I had thought when we applied that they were only sending out emails to those who made it to the next round. I didn't think I would be getting an email if I didn't make it through. Am I the only one here that thought emails would be going out only to those who made it?

Congrats to all those who made it through and best of luck in the upcoming rounds! pixiedust:

It has always been stated on the application that only those moving on would be notified, but I have always received a notification one way or another for every round.

Was anyone else up way to late last night laying in bed answering questions and making videos in their head!?:surfweb:

I think it would be easier to make a list of who wasn't!

You are not kidding! That R3 "not this year" phone call was awful! (It used to be a phone call.) And I definitely know what you mean about the familiar process--fall means football and DisneyMP! I just feels so weird to NOT be making that video.

So ironic: Although an expert on WDW, I was not selected to answer questions and give advice as a member of the MP. Evidently I am now an expert on the MP application process, and have been answering questions and giving advice to other hopefuls -- so that they can answer questions and give advice as a member of the MP! :scratchin LOL!

Irony at its finest! So sorry you're not excitedly planning along with us but we are so blessed for all of you who have made it in previous years and are here still cheering on and offering tips and advice. :thanks:

Carrie

Hi all! Congrats to all of you that are moving on! This is my first year to move on to R2. I am at WDW right now with my husband and four kids (two under the age of three), so I haven't really had time to stress about the next step or video. I am just hoping I can make time to put together a decent video and answer the questions!

This is my second year applying. I applied last year and really didn't expect to get it simply because it was my first time applying. I was so excited when I got the email welcoming me to the second round. When the time came, I applied and did my video and I honestly thought that I did great. I couldn't imagine answering them any differently than I did. So, when the nicest rejection letter ever came, I was really sad. I had no idea what I could/should have changed to get me to round three. Then, this year, my first round was a disaster. My account got messed up a while back so all of our trips were linked to my husbands account. We just booked through him. So, my account had no trips or anything and I worried how that would look. Then, when I submitted my answers, I got one of those screens that there was a problem. All of my answers were lost. I took a deep breath and tackled the questions again. That time, when I tried to submit, I kept getting messages that I was over my word count. It would say I needed to take out 5 words. I'd take away 7 and then it would say that I was still 6 words over. It was very frustrating. My answers really got chopped up and I had significantly fewer words required, which I know doesn't matter except for the fact that I wasn't able to say everything I wanted to say. I think I had one other issue, but I can't remember now. I think I blocked much of that application process out. Anyway, I thought that there would be no way I'd move on this year. I thought my answers were terrible. But somehow, I made it through.

So now I have no idea what I am doing. I do my best = I don't get in. I get all kinds of issues and don't submit my best = I get in. At this point, I'm just going to have fun answering the questions. If I get to go on to the next round, great. If not, well, I did no worse than last year and I have no doubt that a lesson will be learned along the way. And, of course, whether I make the panel or not, I know I will still be helping friends and family plan their Walt Disney World vacations and that fun is the whole reason I applied in the first place.

This is my second year applying. I applied last year and really didn't expect to get it simply because it was my first time applying. I was so excited when I got the email welcoming me to the second round. When the time came, I applied and did my video and I honestly thought that I did great. I couldn't imagine answering them any differently than I did. So, when the nicest rejection letter ever came, I was really sad. I had no idea what I could/should have changed to get me to round three. Then, this year, my first round was a disaster. My account got messed up a while back so all of our trips were linked to my husbands account. We just booked through him. So, my account had no trips or anything and I worried how that would look. Then, when I submitted my answers, I got one of those screens that there was a problem. All of my answers were lost. I took a deep breath and tackled the questions again. That time, when I tried to submit, I kept getting messages that I was over my word count. It would say I needed to take out 5 words. I'd take away 7 and then it would say that I was still 6 words over. It was very frustrating. My answers really got chopped up and I had significantly fewer words required, which I know doesn't matter except for the fact that I wasn't able to say everything I wanted to say. I think I had one other issue, but I can't remember now. I think I blocked much of that application process out. Anyway, I thought that there would be no way I'd move on this year. I thought my answers were terrible. But somehow, I made it through.

So now I have no idea what I am doing. I do my best = I don't get in. I get all kinds of issues and don't submit my best = I get in. At this point, I'm just going to have fun answering the questions. If I get to go on to the next round, great. If not, well, I did no worse than last year and I have no doubt that a lesson will be learned along the way. And, of course, whether I make the panel or not, I know I will still be helping friends and family plan their Walt Disney World vacations and that fun is the whole reason I applied in the first place.

My goodness, you did have a lot of problems with the application process last month! Sometimes I think that we're just at the mercy of the person who happens to read our application. I picture it where several stacks are passed among several people on the review committee. They have a 'yes', 'no', and 'maybe' pile. Something you say could really strike a chord with one reviewer, yet that same thing doesn't click at all with another reviewer and you're automatically placed in the 'no' pile just because of who happened to be reviewing your particular application. Obviously, I have no clue how it really works, just something I've imagined.

You have the right attitude, though -- i.e., just have fun with it!

So, I was curious as to how many on this thread had posted that they were going to R2. This is what I have (as of 4:40 CT on 10/20):

2010_Bride
AnotherPrincess
arbolita
arey89
BigTex71
Canadian Disney Mom
CantWait461308
Colleen27
CraftyHooper
cruisecrasher
dawn8179
DeerIsleDisney
DisneyDiva84
DisneyJeanie
dizkrazkate
Dwheels
EtaHissHiss
fairystepmother
HTHgal12
jbucci
JennaDeeDooDah
jheltz27
Jkpark
jstanton8
Jump4Joy8390
junebugs
kathyk671
Kayleejade
kcpinwdw
kellody1113
kimberwv
kmb584
lawyergirl
LCMeyer
LillyBellesMommy
LisaCM614
LisaTex
lmbraun
LooRooMom
luvsTink
madge
MagicalPix
MckysMini
MDennis28
MeffysMom
mjaclyn
Mom2PrincessesLinSy
momimouse27
Momtomouselover
MousekaReady
Onnie5000
palmbeachguy
palmtreelover
PixieJenna
rabbruzzetti
rissyrynn
royal.kate
skx1122
Snowwhitebelle
Soccer and Swim Mom
stitch'sgirl
su_A_ve
SunshineTK
sweetypie747
tburch
ticofan
TLCdisneyfan
tofubeast
uccats97
WDWNerd
weedles
whositsandwhatsits
WickeeWickee
Winnie23
Winnie1014
wvhokie

I think that's 76. I figure there's probably another 50-75 lurking on here who either won't post at all (that was me in 2012) or maybe they will after R2 is over. Then there's probably at least another 200 that don't visit the DIS that we'll never know about it. I know Gary had said that there were a lot more in this round this year than previous years, so my numbers may be way off. I just wanted to get an idea of how many people posted on here that they were advancing, because if I hadn't counted, it already seemed like well over 100 to me based upon how many replies I saw.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter