Disney parks with infant

Barb

A DIS Original!
I apologize in advance, as I'm sure this has been asked and answered a thousand times. Are there any rides that will allow a 6 month old? We are planning on rider swap, of course. We haven't taken a baby in over 20 years, so I'm sure things have changed. And, I'm more than happy to sit out and be the baby sitter.

Pretty much any ride that doesn't have a height requirement should work with an infant. The shows will also be accessible. Rider swap could then be used for just about anything else. You should be able to find specific ride info in the app. In case you didn't know about them, each park has a baby care center with facilities to feed, change, rock the baby, etc. They also offer things for sale like formula, diapers and wipes if you ever run out.

I apologize in advance, as I'm sure this has been asked and answered a thousand times. Are there any rides that will allow a 6 month old? We are planning on rider swap, of course. We haven't taken a baby in over 20 years, so I'm sure things have changed. And, I'm more than happy to sit out and be the baby sitter.
baby can ride anything that does not have a height requirement but I would be careful on Toy Story Mania because of the jerky turns. riding includes Haunted Mansion baby was fine but 4 year old refused . you did not ask but be prepared to not use infant seat in stroller if hot. our 4 month old granddaughter overheated in one before we just had her in stroller

baby can ride anything that does not have a height requirement but I would be careful on Toy Story Mania because of the jerky turns. riding includes Haunted Mansion baby was fine but 4 year old refused . you did not ask but be prepared to not use infant seat in stroller if hot. our 4 month old granddaughter overheated in one before we just had her in stroller
Definitely this. We took DD when she was 10 months, and before that we went on a family trip with our niece who was 11 months at the time and they could ride anything without a height restriction, but we definitely held on tight during Midway Mania because of how jerky the movement was.

In retrospect both our niece and daughter were/are just fine (DD is 4, niece is 14) and loved it at the time, but if the little one is not as good about holding their head up then you might want to really think twice about that one.

Editing to add: the above about the jerky movement also applies to Mickey's Runway Railway. That wasn't around when our niece was that young but it opened just a few weeks before we took DD at 10 months. She loved it but again, very jerky movements so hold on tight and avoid if their neck isn't as developed.

Last edited:
Agree w all of the above and another tip is to remember that strollers aren’t allowed on the lines so be prepared to carry baby in arms while queued up or purchase a wearable carrier (and if you wear a baby they make you remove them right before you get on if baby is being worn on back and possibly if being worn in front as well, depending).

Even w lightening lane a ride like haunted mansion for instance can be a 20+min wait w a squiggly baby in arms and partially in the sun.

hope y’all have a blast!

We have been to WDW with each of our kids when they were under a year old. I used a Becco/Ergo baby carrier and thought it was awesome. I was never asked to take the baby out of the carrier, even though I heard they might.

When ours were infants I used a ring sling made of solar protective fabric. No padding to get hot, and I could wear the kiddo in it (bucket carry) while supervising older children in the pool (wading, obviously). Ring slings are especially nice for rides, IMHO, because you can easily scoot them to the side so that they are out of the way of the safety bar, and for really tiny babies, it's easy to adjust a sling for secure head support. I always found that the difficulty with babies on rides was climbing in and out while keeping a secure grip on the kiddo; the sling freed both hands and took care of that.

We did bring our Ergo carrier a few times because DH never truly got the hang of the sling, but it was hot for both him and the baby, and had to be removed for most rides.

I'm sensing a poll. The best attraction to rock your infant to sleep!
Peoplemover! Especially when the ride stops when you're in one of those indoor sections in the complete dark and it's cool... when it started up again and we had some light we noticed our little guy passed right out!

To the OP, as others have mentioned there are plenty of rides they can go on. We just got back a couple of weeks ago with our 9 month old and he was able to come on 19 rides with us! Some of them we held him and others we used a front carrier. For the adult rides we either did rider swap or had ILL or Genie+ and one of us found a nice bench in the shade, put him in the stroller with his fan on and just relaxed until switching. We were still able to do all the rides we wanted to do (both Guardians and Tron twice which were awesome) so I learned going with an infant can still be great. Enjoy your trip!

I would also consider skipping Kilamanjaro Safari, along with Toy Story and Runaway Railway. I found it too bumpy for comfort with kids that small. But it’s so fun to travel with them at that age - have a great trip!

you can take an infant on any ride that does not have a height restriction.

One word of caution- we were told there is no baby swap for rides with no height restrictions. We had a young one (family reunion, trip planned ahead) and didn’t want to take the baby on pirates because she was sleeping and we didn’t want the ride or noise like the canons to potentially wake her. We asked about rider swap and were specifically told no - we had to take the baby or someone couldn’t ride and, if everyone wanted to ride, we would have to wait twice. We then asked at a few other rides - HM, Pan, and Buzz - to see if we just had a bad CM at pirates but we were told the same at each. This was about 5 years ago. I would just say to plan that if you don’t want to take the baby on a ride without restrictions, be prepared to choose which parent will ride it and which will miss or plan for waiting through the full line twice.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter