Disney Photo Session PART II

We did the 20 minute photo session at the Grand Floridian last month. Still $150 plus they give you the flash drive with all the pictures. I felt it was totally worth it and was very happy with the pictures. I believe we had 75 pictures total.

OK so we did the full hour photo session at Epcot at the end of March. The CD does not come included that is an extra $100, beware!!! Our photographer - Alicia was wonderful! What was not wonderful was the customer service after! The re-touching was awful. We had ten people in our group, four were teens all with acne, each had 5-8 individual photos taken, two of the teens, they fixed the faces on the other two they left. I asked them to fix them after viewing on the web site, they fixed one more but not the other. After 4 emails and 2 phone calls all four were fixed. Then when we go our CD and photo book, my youngest daughter who had a magic shot done with "tinkerbell in her hands" tink was not there. They had to send us a new photo book and new CD the whole process took over 10 weeks to complete.
As I said Alicia was great but what a hassle!!

Thought I would give this a bump :)

Having done the 20 minute resort session twice (2010 and 2011) I have decided to book another one for next year.

Is it just me or does anyone else get the impression that the enhanced session is just not worth the extra money? By choice, I don't care to spend an hour getting my pictures take and we are more than happy with the resort one. It just feels like those doing the $150 session are getting a whole lot more for their money. Thoughts?

Thought I would give this a bump :)

Having done the 20 minute resort session twice (2010 and 2011) I have decided to book another one for next year.

Is it just me or does anyone else get the impression that the enhanced session is just not worth the extra money? By choice, I don't care to spend an hour getting my pictures take and we are more than happy with the resort one. It just feels like those doing the $150 session are getting a whole lot more for their money. Thoughts?

The enhanced sessions are a whole different ball game, they are lit with off camera lighting which makes a huge difference, and they are edited. They have a completely different look to them.

OK so we did the full hour photo session at Epcot at the end of March. The CD does not come included that is an extra $100, beware!!! Our photographer - Alicia was wonderful! What was not wonderful was the customer service after! The re-touching was awful. We had ten people in our group, four were teens all with acne, each had 5-8 individual photos taken, two of the teens, they fixed the faces on the other two they left. I asked them to fix them after viewing on the web site, they fixed one more but not the other. After 4 emails and 2 phone calls all four were fixed. Then when we go our CD and photo book, my youngest daughter who had a magic shot done with "tinkerbell in her hands" tink was not there. They had to send us a new photo book and new CD the whole process took over 10 weeks to complete.
As I said Alicia was great but what a hassle!!

about how many photos did you get in an hour? We have an hour set at Hollywood Studios for my daughters senior pictures. I told them I want mostly my daughter alone in pix but also a few with her sister. Also is your photo book all the pictures or do you pick your favorites from the website and then they put them in a book.

about how many photos did you get in an hour? We have an hour set at Hollywood Studios for my daughters senior pictures. I told them I want mostly my daughter alone in pix but also a few with her sister. Also is your photo book all the pictures or do you pick your favorites from the website and then they put them in a book.

We had 10 people in our photos and got about 60 photos, so with less people you would likely get more! Yes we did get to pick the photos for the book.

We had 10 people in our photos and got about 60 photos, so with less people you would likely get more! Yes we did get to pick the photos for the book.

Thanks! I told her to post fast so she gets lots. We live in a small town where lots of kids senior pix are taken by the same people and look similar. She is excited to have something different

I'm wanting to do a photo session for my daughter's senior pictures when we are there in June. We are debating between the beach club and the Poly for the session. But are wondering if the construction at the poly would effect the sites where the pictures are normally taken.

So... Will the construction at the poly effect the places we can get the pictures taken and how nice the background would be?

Hi everyone,
A photo resort session is something I have wanted to do for years. But wouldn't dare pay for pictures at my weight a year ago. Happy to say that in the last seven months I have lost 65 pounds and have decided now it is time to reward myself with photos I can be proud of !! I tried to contact and hire Vicki and David Ardnt, but they were a no go for June (probably way to many weddings.) Luckily, Vicki referred me to a close friend of hers that she worked with at Disney, doing Disney Dream Weddings. Her name is Regina Hyman. We are going to have the photo shoot done at our home DVC resort - Beach Club, with some shots around the Yacht and Boardwalk as well.
Hiring a photographer outside of Disney was a huge step and expensive but I am so happy with my choice. Looking at Regina's photos on her website and facebook have me so excited.
Our date is in June, I will post photos once we get them back !

We did the Disney photos a few times ( 2010, 2011 and 2012) but now have switch over to taking them with Randy Chapman. He is very affordable and his photos are always amazing.

Just as a comparison, what does he charge for a photo shoot?

$200 for resort photos and $250 for park photos. I would have loved to go with them but they were booked for our dates. They did have one opening for Epcot but it would be for 2:00pm. That would be killer due to the sun in the eyes also we would have to switch our Epcot and MK day which means we would also have to switch our ADR's so not worth it. I would call them well in advance because for that price they will book fast.

We did the Disney photos a few times ( 2010, 2011 and 2012) but now have switch over to taking them with Randy Chapman. He is very affordable and his photos are always amazing.

$200 for resort photos and $250 for park photos. I would have loved to go with them but they were booked for our dates. They did have one opening for Epcot but it would be for 2:00pm. That would be killer due to the sun in the eyes also we would have to switch our Epcot and MK day which means we would also have to switch our ADR's so not worth it. I would call them well in advance because for that price they will book fast.

We used Randy Chapman for our family photos/senior photos in September. We paid $200 as well and got over 500 pictures. They were not all perfect but he just kept snapping. He then sent us the Cds of all the pictures in both color and black/white along with a release so that we could print whatever we wanted. My DD and her friend both did senior pictures while we were there and he sent us a second set of the cds for DD's friend of just the girls' pictures so that she would have her own copy.

We also had Randy for our vow renewal at WDW in 2006. He was awesome to work with on both occasions!

pirate:

I thought only Disney Photographers could do family photo shoots in the parks?

Anyway, yes Randy is $200 for an approx 60 minute photo shoot. Half due at booking and half due the day of. If you have a specific day/time in mind I'd contact him well ahead of time. He is popular.

I would love to see pics from a photo session at wilderness lodge and Epcot if anybody has any to post or can direct me to some. Trying to decide between the two...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter