Disney Planning DVD and PIN Codes for Australians?

dollarmite

Mouseketeer
Last year I was able to order the Disney planning DVD from the Australian branch of the DL website. I've just checked it again and that option no longer seems to be available. I can't order it through the WDW site either.

Has anyone had any luck in getting one of the DVDs recently?

Also, have any Australians ever received a PIN code? I've tried everything and nothing so far.

It seems as though Disney doesn't think Australians are a worthwhile market. :sad1:

I ordered the dvd late last year through the North Sydney office. I found the link on here somewhere. Probably in the Aussie Planning links sticky thread.

I don't know anything about the pin codes.

We have gotten pin codes. We have four email accounts through work and hotmail and I have registered all of them to increase our chances of getting the pin codes.

We have gotten pin codes. We have four email accounts through work and hotmail and I have registered all of them to increase our chances of getting the pin codes.

Glad to know there's a least a possibility that an Aussie could get one. :) What was your code for? Were you able to use it?

I think I've registered about 6 email addresses with Disney (including a brand new yesterday), ordered multiple copies of the DVD last year (home address, PO Box address, work address, etc). Planned itineraries on the website etc. Maybe one day we'll get some magic fairy dust... :wizard:

We were so lucky last year and got free dining during our WDW stay. It saved us about $2000!

We have gotten two pin codes in the past one was for free dining and one was for 40% off accomodation and we were not able to use either. We have been registered for about 5 years though and have only gotten two so maybe it is just a rarity.

Hi

I received one of the planning DVDs about a month ago. I found it through the Mousesavers site, but the DVD is ordered from disney.com.au. Sorry, I am not sure about posting links but go to: mousesavers.com, click on Disney freebies, then Free Vacation planning videos, then the Australian and NZ link under Disneyland.

Hope that helps

Goldie

Got my DVD 2 months ago - no pin. :sad1: There's still a pixie dust formula they use for distributing pins :confused3

Does anyone know if the planning video has been updated lately? I ordered one in 2006 and early 2009 and both were promoting Year of a Million Dreams.

Does anyone know if the planning video has been updated lately? I ordered one in 2006 and early 2009 and both were promoting Year of a Million Dreams.

I have 3 in my collection now. I haven't watched ANY of them :rotfl2: but I've just looked at the one I got 2 months ago. The back of it still talks about the Year of a Million dreams; so I would say that the answer is No.

I have 3 in my collection now. I haven't watched ANY of them :rotfl2: but I've just looked at the one I got 2 months ago. The back of it still talks about the Year of a Million dreams; so I would say that the answer is No.

No the dvd hasn't been updated, it's still the old one. Doesn't stop my kids watching it over and over though :)

We have gotten two pin codes in the past one was for free dining and one was for 40% off accomodation and we were not able to use either. We have been registered for about 5 years though and have only gotten two so maybe it is just a rarity.

When you registered what address did you use as your home address (not the exact address, the country), did you register Australia as your country or did you use USA as your country of residence? And what email address received them? .com Hotmail, Gmail etc address or a .com.au email address?

I have about 6 email addresses registered, am an annual passholder, have the dvd, book dummy trips and save them and NOTHING :rotfl: so I wondered if I didn't put Australia as the address that I may get them.

Just trying to work it out :rotfl:

I have read of an Aussie also who called to make a ressie and there was a pincode attached to their email address, they just didn't get the emails. So it's always worth checking with WDW when you book to see if there is one.

I also ordered the DVD twice in the last 6 months and have not received a thing :sad1:

Might go again and order it.

Is the DVD the one that just goes on with crap, and doesn't actually have any information in it?

Is the DVD the one that just goes on with crap, and doesn't actually have any information in it?

If if it's the one I received in 2009, then yes. It was out of date (still focused on 'Year of A Million Dreams') and didn't actually tell us anything. It was a complete letdown. The most uninformative 'planning' film I've ever seen.:confused3

Assuming it's the same one, I'm not sure why I was/am so interested in ordering it again really, lol. Maybe it'll trigger a PIN code in the system. :rolleyes1

I've just opened my Disney WDW vacation mail/documentation that I received today. It would appear that I have the following:

"Book a new WDW vacation before you checkout and save up to 40%." Looks like a bounceback offer.

Then there's another paragraph:
"Disney has a great offer for you. Call 8844 from your guest room or 407/541 5512 and have your current reservation # handy....."

What do you think? Sounds like another offer?

I've just opened my Disney WDW vacation mail/documentation that I received today. It would appear that I have the following:

"Book a new WDW vacation before you checkout and save up to 40%." Looks like a bounceback offer.

Then there's another paragraph:
"Disney has a great offer for you. Call 8844 from your guest room or 407/541 5512 and have your current reservation # handy....."

What do you think? Sounds like another offer?

It does sound like a bounceback! :woohoo:

Did you get that in the mail (snail mail) with the documentation (magical express, vacation package ?) for your upcoming trip?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter