Disney + price increase starting 10/12/23

I just got an email stating our annual subscription is going from 79.99/yr to a whopping 139.99/yr 🤬🤬🤬

Is there anyway to lock the price in now or somehow get this cheaper? I’m thinking cancel the subscription and then sign up for another annual sub at 79.99.
Same! Came here to see if anyone was talking about this. Quite the price jump 😳

I just got an email stating our annual subscription is going from 79.99/yr to a whopping 139.99/yr 🤬🤬🤬

Is there anyway to lock the price in now or somehow get this cheaper? I’m thinking cancel the subscription and then sign up for another annual sub at 79.99.
You can’t get 79.99. The price went up already since you paid that. It’s currently 109.99….and going up to 139.99. The 109.99 price went into effect December 2022.

Thinking about going to the commercial plan. How bad are the commercials on Disney +. I have paramount with commercials and it’s not that bad. I just changed it to the monthly plan that will take effect on November 12 so I can easily change it to the commercial
Plan at anytime.

$139.99 is a 75% price increase over what I paid less than a year ago. Doesn't matter to me that Disney raised the price in the interim; where else would we as consumers accept a 75% price increase in a year?

I've subscribed since the beginning, but I'm not sure if I'm going to renew this time.

You can’t get 79.99. The price went up already since you paid that. It’s currently 109.99….and going up to 139.99. The 109.99 price went into effect December 2022.
$139.99 is a 75% price increase over what I paid less than a year ago. Doesn't matter to me that Disney raised the price in the interim; where else would we as consumers accept a 75% price increase in a year?

I've subscribed since the beginning, but I'm not sure if I'm going to renew this time.
That’s exactly how I feel. I mean, I figured it would go up. But not that much.

9/1/2019 - I paid $140 for the 3 year bundle.
11/12/22 - I paid $79.99 for the year
Now I’m looking at $139.99 for another year…

Sucks.

I did the 3 year deal before it even opened and then got nothing at the 3y mark even after people that signed up for 2 years got themed gift boxes. Honestly, that soured me quite a bit, but I signed up for another year. A 75% increase is crazy though. I think we might be out too.

if you have an american express card and use it to pay for the monthly disney+ fee you get a $7 per month statement credit. go under the offers tab on the amex website.
Unfortunately no Amex but I’m going to check my chase offers. I had a good offer last year when I signed up and got 16 bucks back on the yearly fee.

We've been in since the beginning as well, but are not renewing this time. Will probably just sign up for 1 or 2 months a year and binge the stuff we want to watch.

Canceling and waiting a few months is the best chance to get a decent deal again.

Im in the exact same boat. You can get a bit of a discount, I think $12.5 0, by signing up via Rakuten. I also dont have any chase or Amex offers to use this time around.

I will likely cancel in a month and then hope I there is a good Black Friday deal or they offer me somethng to come back. Loki will be done before I cancel and there are no Star Wars shows until 2024 now....so likely wont watch much over the next few months anyway.

I know D+ has been losing money, but the 75% increase over my prior year agreement is kinda crazy when due to the writer / actor strike they likely are going to be low on new programming in 2024.

Eventually Disney+ will roll into Hulu or Hulu will roll into Disney+ as one service one price. For a few dollars a month you can get the Hulu, Disney+ and Espn+(which I barely watch but it comes with the bundle)

Yeah, this is insane. I guess I will need to cancel and let it sit for a few days, because I don’t have any renewal options other than the $139.99.

Canceling and waiting a few months is the best chance to get a decent deal again.
If anyone is successful at this, please let us know. If Disney offers a better deal I might renew.

I checked my Chase offers and there's nothing there as of yet. Last year I got a credit for $13.99 ("Disney Bundle") after I renewed last year, but I never bought the bundle, only Disney+.

Their hope is that if you are price sensitive you will sign up for the option with ads - that would knock it down to $96 for the year.

These increases are not unique to D+, all the streamers are adding ads and increasing the monthly cost. All the streamers have lost billions as they try to start something from nothing so unfortunately, its leading to increased cost for us.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter