disney quest experts !!

disneyred

DIS Veteran
hi there.
i have never been .. why do you go and what do you like/not like about it ??

tell me everything about this place !

once inside what are the extra costs ... besides buying food ??

thanks ...

My family and I LOVE this place. It’s not the kind of place we would go and spend an entire day. We might go there after say spending most of the day in a park and just need to get away from it for a little bit.

It mostly consists of video games both classic and newer and virtual reality games. These are included in your admission price…no extra tokens/money needed. If you’ve been there once before, it’s the same now as when it was when it opened.

My favorite spot is the animation station and when my DH and DS go off playing games, I’ll take the lessons and learn how to draw the characters.
There are 2 counter service type places in there, and on long days I’ve found a quiet spot on one of the long benches in the one seating area and caught a couple zzzz’s lol

Food is not included obviously in admission. They were part of the dining plan so if you wanted to use a snack credit or I *think* a CS then that’s an option. Also not included is anything you ‘create’ and want to take home. They have the animation area as I mentioned and you can buy a copy of what you drew. There’s a place you can create your own song by choosing the subject and picking from a choice of different possible lyrics…you can by a copy on CD. There’s a thing called the living eisels which is for kids to “paint” on a touch screen and you can buy a copy of their creation. There’s even a virtual roller coaster that you create yourself, choose your track and then go in this little capsule and ride it afterwards. You can get a video of yourself and your reactions riding your creation.

And…the water fountain by the exit….one of the best and coldest on property LOL

Great info -- thanks so much. We're planning to go to Disney Quest (for the first time) on our upcoming trip. Thanks!

I, too am struggling with going here or going to a park instead. Our flight gets in around 2:30 so I'm thinking ME should have us at our resort around 3:30 or 4:00. We've never gone right to a park before. Getting in on 8/26. I've got 4 kids (7,9,11 & 14). Should we go to DQ or a park?:confused3

I did it once; I got lucky on the first year I was on the cruise line - if you chose the option for Disney Quest, you could stay at the park an extra hour and they would pick you up directly there rather than having to go all the way back to your resort. It is doable in about a half day.

We are going in December and my friends want to do the water park; we got the add-on to our ticket. If the weather is too cold for the water parks, then we have the option of doing that one morning just in case - they are more roller coaster riders than I am!

I'm looking for a little more clarification about buying your drawing in the animation class. My dd is really looking forward to this- loves to draw. But, I will have to pay for her drawing? It's just a computer print out of what she draws on screen, right?

How much is it? I am having a hard time finding details about this.

I'm looking for a little more clarification about buying your drawing in the animation class. My dd is really looking forward to this- loves to draw. But, I will have to pay for her drawing? It's just a computer print out of what she draws on screen, right?

How much is it? I am having a hard time finding details about this.

Yes, it's the printout of what is drawn in class, and yes you can buy it. It's called the Artisit Kit and is $12. It includes a sheet on how to draw Mickey, your drawing, fun facts about WDW and a Disney Quest Animation Studio pin. Pin selections include Mickey, Minnie, Goofy, Donald or Pluto.

we usually spend around 3 hours. My boys favorite is cyberspace mountain. you build the rollercoaster then you get to ride it in the simulators. The Pirates of the caribbean is cool too. It's a virtual reality game where you are immersed in the game. fire cannons at ghost ships. It's a fun family game. There is other virtual reality (Aladin's magic carpets,a comics one where you fight villains, an alien one) There is a giant pinball game where each person playing is one of the bumpers and a bunch of other games. There is also a section with old classic video games like Galaxian/ Qubert/pac man. There is no extra charge..just hit the replay button.
As mentioned, the create zone is neat (I love playing with the touch screen easils)
If you have never been, it really is worth going at least once.

My kids love this place. Food wise they sell a decent pizza for a reasonable amt. And you can buy a refillable cup. Refills are a buck.

The only problem we had with the animation thingie was that it was only offered a couple times a day when we were there. We never got to do it.

WE love quest and it is a major part of our disney experience. We are gamers though.

The Pizza is really good and a great deal as far as feeding a family goes. Also the deserts are from the Cheese cake factory unless that has changed. I highly reccomend the chocolate moose.

As far as participation that is free with everything unless you want to walk out with a tangible item like a cd, drawing or other momento. There used to be an area where you could earn tickets but you have to buy tokens and the prizes were decent. Just remember if you get something to cary out it iwill cost more.

Yes, it's the printout of what is drawn in class, and yes you can buy it. It's called the Artisit Kit and is $12. It includes a sheet on how to draw Mickey, your drawing, fun facts about WDW and a Disney Quest Animation Studio pin. Pin selections include Mickey, Minnie, Goofy, Donald or Pluto.

Thanks- so we can't just get the printout of what she draws for, say, a couple of bucks? I know she will want her drawing, but I don't know if we need the whole $12 kit.

Maybe I will prepare her to pay for that from her souvenier fund. She has more money there than I do!

There is plenty to do at DQ - 5 floors of different kinds of electronic games. Our family particularly likes the art/creative zone, the Pirates of the Carribbean (fabulous 3-D simulator in a little room), the river rapid ride next to the pirates, and Invasion, another simulator game on the very top floor in which you shoot aliens - very easy. Be prepared though, that the place is VERY noisy, very over-stimulating, with tons of kids moving around and the lines can get very long.

Also the deserts are from the Cheese cake factory unless that has changed. I highly reccomend the chocolate moose.

Unfortunately, from what I've seen on other posts, it is no longer run by the Cheesecake Factory. We were there in 2006 and really enjoyed it. We even made an extra trip back on our last day just to get more cheesecake. I'll miss not being able to do that when we go in Nov, but we will head to Disney Quest at least once. My family, especially my son, really likes it!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter