• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney quest report

spot28

Mouseketeer
This is my 37th trip to Disney World but my first to Disney quest... We came due o horrible weather today instead of Typhoon lagoon... I was pleasantly surprised I felt it not nearly as obnoxious as other arcades I've been to. My 11 and 13-year-old Sons are enjoying themselves thoroughly as is my husband. I found a few things that reminded me of my childhood but especially enjoy the Wonderland Café on the fourth floor for Coffee and dessert and adorable chairs to sit and have a moment if peace. There was virtual space Mountain... Much like sum of all thrills at Epcot,

I've always wondered what it was like there. Thank you for the "review"! I will have to keep it in mind if we run into a rainy day!

Nice to see a bit of love for Disney Quest. We always save this for our last day and really enjoy going floor to floor trying some of the stuff out.

This is my 37th trip to Disney World but my first to Disney quest... We came due o horrible weather today instead of Typhoon lagoon... I was pleasantly surprised I felt it not nearly as obnoxious as other arcades I've been to. My 11 and 13-year-old Sons are enjoying themselves thoroughly as is my husband. I found a few things that reminded me of my childhood but especially enjoy the Wonderland Café on the fourth floor for Coffee and dessert and adorable chairs to sit and have a moment if peace. There was virtual space Mountain... Much like sum of all thrills at Epcot,

DQ is perfect for this age group. If you have young children, it's a whole other story.

I love DQ! Even if you aren't an arcade video game lover, all of the other things they have really make it fun. The last time we went, it was with a group. So we had a battle in the Buzz Lightyear game lol. I always recommend it to people!

This is great to hear. This is the first year we're considering trying DQ, and it's nice to read a review that doesn't just pan it. ;)

I'll add my thoughts (if the OP doesn't mind:)) -
We just did DQ for the first time last week.
Our kids are 9 & 11.
We spent one night there and did pretty much everything (in terms of the attraction sort of things).
They had a great time. They definately could have spent more time playing the *arcade* type of arcade games but we were tired from our day at Blizzard Beach.
That being said, we all felt like we were glad we did it, but are not planning on going back next trip.
I did the Buzz thing (fun!) - and the Jungle Cruise (meh). DQ definately wasn't my idea of a great time. But the kids had fun.

We did Disney Quest when it first opened '98 or '99??? It was fun and our children really enjoyed it immensely. Skip forward to 2013 and DH and I went by ourselves and found it to be kind of old and tired. The virtual rides (except the coaster) were pretty lame. Same as in 98-99. Did a couple of arcade type things which were somewhat fun and left. We are pretty savvy tech types...no strangers to video games etc. I'm sure it's a great feeding ground for 8-18, but frankly we were in an out within an hour.

We had a special DVC annual pass to let us in to re-explore the place....so I guess what I'm saying is that unless you have young teens or an annual pass deal like we had, I would rather go to a water park. Humble opinion.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter