Disney Quest

momhmmx2

Life is a gift...Have Fun!
My family and I are headed to Disney in 22 days :goodvibes

I recently had surgery on my ankle and have rented an ECV already from an outside company.

My DS LOVES DisneyQuest...My question is has anyone done this in an ECV?? My DH and DD are able to do DQ with him, but is it worth adding this option to my ticket? :confused3 We aren't doing any waterparks this trip.

What do you think? I've been to DQ before but was able to walk. This time I MAY be partial wt. bearing (just have started this) but really relying on just my left leg to do everything.

Thanks for your input! Just wondering if I should save the $$ for other Disney fun! :)

I'm a wheelchair user, so can give you some information on it. All of the areas are accessible, with lifts going to all floors, however some are easier than others. The underground area is very tight, and would be tricky to get an ECV around; I don't even try it in my wheelchair. You can get to all of the games consoles, though some of them are hard to play from sitting, as the controls are too high, or the glare off the screen makes it hard to see. You can play air hockey, if you park the ECV sideways to the table (most ECVs have a rotating seat, so you can face the table straight), but it is a little trickier and your arms will get tired more quickly.

Most of the more physical games are just about accessible. I would suggest avoiding the Jungle Cruise, as it is harshly punishing on the ankles, and we don't want you damaging yourself again. The Pirates game can be done if you pull right up to the front of the boat; the rest of your family can man the other cannon and the steering. The Mighty Ducks Pinball has a lift (elevator) and there is a joystick-controlled station, so you don't have to stand. The Astro Blaster game is easy to do, you can wheel the ECV onto the court and transfer out, then a CM will park the ECV out of the way. I suggest you gun, rather than driving, as the driver has to press the accelerator down. The virtual reality games can be transferred to, if you want to do them.

The carpets can be a bit hard to push on, but that shouldn't be an issue for you, as you've got a motor. The tables in the food places do have booths, but there are some tables with moveable chairs.

Hope this helps, any more questions, just ask!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter