• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney Rash as Bad in DL?

I have never had it at DL and have been hundreds of times. (maybe not hundreds, but more times than I can count)

Thank you for all the responses! For anyone wondering, yes, I spoke to my doctor after I first got Disney rash two years ago after a Disney trip, and he was not concerned. I have very pale, sensitive skin, and I’m also not accustomed to heat and humidity. I work out in temperature controlled conditions. My Disney rash also goes away quickly (after a day or two), but it’s sure itchy for those couple of days.

I think my plan will be to pack long pants just in case I get it at DL, but I still hope it won’t be as bad since the weather is better there.

Mine didn't itch, just looked scary.

Yes, mine also was gone in a couple days, looked much better in the morning after slathering it with the provided tube of H2O sunburn gel.

I might've taken Benadryl, too. This was 7 years ago so don't recall exactly.

Haven't had a bit of it since which may be due to my wearing the paramedic-recommended long pants with crew socks rather than shorts.

I've never gotten anything like that at DLR, but I did get it on my legs when we went to DW in the fall. I've never gotten it in Phoenix either even though we spend good amounts of time outside in the heat occasionally...

I've gotten that rash when going to Disneyland. I never realized it was a thing at Disneyland until reading this thread! And yes, it was when I wore capris or shorts with sandals or my mickey crocs. My doctor told me to use a cortisone cream which cleared it up right away. I now take the cream with me when I go to DL and it really helps. I've never gotten the rash anywhere else but Disneyland, but I've never gotten it when I wear long pants :-)

I have never had it at DL and have been hundreds of times. (maybe not hundreds, but more times than I can count)
That's amazing! I've been a grand total of 6 times. Once when I was six years old, once in high school, and four times with my wife and children. My wife and I used to talk about one day living in SoCal and getting annual passes, but I've never made the kind of money that required.

I guess you could say having gone a smaller number of times makes it more "special" when we do go, and there's something to that, but no, I think if I went a lot, I'd love it just as much.

I've never gotten a rash at WDW or DL? Never heard of Disney rash lol.

ETA: I'm about as fair-skinned as you can be (except maybe if you are albino).

Learn something new every day.

I thank my Middle East blood for not worrying about this. At worst I get a sunburn. It takes a real screw up in extreme circumstances for that even.

haha this is the first I've heard of it, but I can believe it if you show up at the wrong time of year. I typically avoid summer and only show up in spring or fall, so I merely get "wow, this is really hot- I'm sweaty" instead of deathly overheated.

Learn something new every day.

I thank my Middle East blood for not worrying about this. At worst I get a sunburn. It takes a real screw up in extreme circumstances for that even.

I'm the fairest of the fair and I have never even heard of this rash lol. Never had it. Been multiple times. I'm also very fit and active, and have lived in a climate that sees extremely hot humid summers, and can't recall ever getting this anywhere. My partner is East Indian and I really envy him not having to worry about sunburn like I do. Funnily enough, he hates hot weather.

My son (11) got it on our Spring Break trip. It was awful while we were in the park but would calm down at night once we were back at the hotel/pool. Once we figured out what it was we covered him with sunblock and that helped some for our last day. He has allergies and asthma and both were flaring up that trip too. He powered on though!

A "heat rash"? Never ever at Disneyland and I didn't get one at WDW, either, but wasn't there during the heat of the summer. I'm from the South originally and I *think* I know what you mean, though.

THANK YOU, I'm tired of hearing people repeat and repeat "Disney Rash" as if the park did something to their body. It's a medical issue certain people have that has nothing to do with Disney, and they need to see a doctor if they can't control it.

Guests should follow others advice / light clothing / cover skin / diet / hydrate and work out before park visit, etc.... Walking around in 100 degrees and 100% humidity full of sugar and low hydration will cause issues.

Last edited:
During our Annual Pass year(s) I only had the joy of Disney Rash during our June and July trips. Nothing for the December/March/Spring Break ones. It showed up for me around my ankles and lower legs on about the second day. We are from colder climates, and I am fair-skinned. First Aid at the parks had a little packet of gel that helped immensely. It disappears on the way home, but is a little miserable. We use sunscreen and hydrate very well, so sun and dehydration doesn't appear to be a factor, at least with me.

I’ve gotten this! (It’s also known as golfer’s rash.) Oddly it’s gotten better over the years. Basically I went in 2007, and then didn’t go to Disney World again til May 2019, which is when I got hit real bad. We also went to Disneyland in October 2019 and did NOT get the rash. Later trips to Disney World would give me the rash, but it’s gotten better and better. On this latest trip in March it was only about the size of a quarter on one leg and cleared up the next day.

I did get the rash on a trip to London in 2017 as well, so it can certainly happen anywhere.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter