• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney Removing Do Not Disturb Signs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, speaking of WDW monitoring via MDE and what have you, I have had housekeeping just unlock my door and walk in. She apologized profusely when she saw us and told us her supervisor told her we would be on Space Mountain. We had decided to sleep in and skip our FP+. This was back in 2014. Fortunately, we were just packing up as it was our last day.

i agree. What’s to say someone isn’t hiding stuff in their suitcases.....or are they going to shuffle through our suitcases?? Where does this stop?
This.

Housekeeping was in the Vegas shooters room every day but the day he started murdering people. What little information they have released indicates he brought in multiple bags and suitcases over multiple days leading up to the rampage.

Housekeeping never saw or reported anything suspicious because he had everything in the bags and cases until the afternoon of the attack.

If this is for "security" reasons it's yet another set of smoke and mirrors unless they plan on doing full vehicle searches for every single vehicle that enters Disney property. How anyone could actually believe this tomfoolery would have stopped the vegas murderer is beyond me.

I'm heading out with my GSD soon, am I going to have to time this daily visit with them so these idiots don't walk in on my 85 pound boy while we are out? Will they respect the Pluto door hanger? What if someone walks by and takes it and then it's not there and they just cruise in? It's beyond absurd.

We cruise a lot and spend quite a bit of time in our rooms no one has come in our rooms if we have the dnd sign/light on.
Ditto, just got off a cruise in May and days we had the DND on, they didn't come in or knock. Our cabin steward would flag us down and ask if we needed anything, we only skipped 2 of the 7 days though One, if not both were sea days we skipped.

Now, knowing what ride you're scheduled to be on at that time would make me VERY uneasy!

Why do you think they are internally referred to as "magic trackers?"

A couple of years ago I was called "paranoid" when I posted this information. Any dept head or manager knows exactly what all your plans are if they care to look. Many employees can access it as well.

Upper level management and security has real time access and can tell where you are in virtual real time any time you scan anywhere or pass any of the passive sensors located in the parks and shops. Those "interactive" features, like walking past the "posters" at RNRC and they say "Live from Texas, Staring Alexa!" or when they read your band as the Mine Cart goes flying by the cameras, yep that info is available to those with the clearance.

I wish I knew the parameters of these checks. I mean if you have the new sign up and the latch /lock I n, can you expect not to be disturbed? I mean if I'm alone in the room taking a shower and have the new sign up and the door lock/latch secured, do I now have to worry about staff coming in the rooms?:scared:

We use housekeeping every day, so I would hope ant security checks would be done during that time.

Also I wonder if they do these checks during the day, not later at night when people might be sleeping.

Do they scan/search luggage on cruises?

Absolutely. All luggage is sent through an x-ray scanner just like at airports. Anything that is obviously not permitted - or that looks questionable - sends the luggage to a so-called "naughty room" and you have to go and claim it minus the contraband.

And every time you come back on the ship from a port you go through a metal detector and your bags go through a scanner just like carry-ons at airports.

I would have no issue with having luggage scanned when checking in, though I see how it would be a logistical nightmare for including those that drive and bypass the front desk with the room ready texts. I don’t know the legalities of whether weapons are permitted on property since it’s private property but still Florida, so I’m not sure a luggage scan would be viable anyway.

What I do wonder about, though, is the accelerated and sudden pace at which this change was implemented across the board, including at DVC. I am sort of musing that perhaps they have intel that we are not privy to that would have motivated this change to be brought about seemingly overnight.

On all lines.

Required by a combination of international and US (and other country) law.

The hijacking of the Achille Lauro is typically considered the primary watershed event to change security in the cruise industry, with the International Maritime Organization (IMO) publishing new requirements as a result of it in 1986. Many more changes have followed since, and 9/11 and other events (e.g. piracy) have also brought their own sets of changes. Cruise Lines who are members of the Cruise Lines International Association (CLIA) also have a set of requirements they must meet.

I don't know what happened with these specific proposed regulations, but there is some interesting background info at the very least wrt cruise ship passenger/ship/terminal security at: https://www.federalregister.gov/doc...consolidated-cruise-ship-security-regulations

In my opinion, this is starting to get ridiculous. No one is coming in to stare at you naked, rape you, take pictures of your children.

Annoy you while you or your child are napping? Sure, I can see how that is annoying. But this argument is just going to the extreme, which never proves a point.
I wouldn’t say no one. Tell that to the thousands of sexual assault/molestation victims. Might be unlikely but things happen often where you least expect it. Ppl have a right to feel uncomfortable about it. It’s an unreasonable violation of privacy.

I sure hope they come walking in just as I am stepping out of the shower. I will drop my towel and start screaming "Stop touching me!!!!" let's see how many non inventory FP+ they give me :)

Buy an extra wallet/purse to throw at them while you scream “just take the money and leave us alone!”

Edited to add : above to be read with tongue in cheek

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter