Disney Requiring All Non-Union Cast Members to be Vaccinated

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am concerned about the mass exodus of employees who, no matter what, will never ever take the shots. There are a lot of jobs out there to be had that do not require the shots, and many people have also stayed out of the workforce, realizing they can get by with just one income.

I am concerned about the mass exodus of employees who, no matter what, will never ever take the shots. There are a lot of jobs out there to be had that do not require the shots, and many people have also stayed out of the workforce, realizing they can get by with just one income.
You’d be surprised how fast folks “convictions” turn around when the bills need to be paid. It’s all well and good to talk a big game until you actually get sick or can’t pay your mortgage. Once the bigger companies start requiring it the smaller ones will follow suit.

I think you mean an employment-at-will state (right-to-work laws are about unionization; in a right-to-work state you can't be forced to join a union in order to keep your job.)

They could also set termination as the penalty for falsifying the question on any work-related document; lying on an application (about ANYTHING) is typically grounds for termination in an employment-at-will state.

Thank you. I didn't know there was a difference.

Our mayor announced today that all city employees will need to be fully vaccinated by the end of September. Also included are all teachers, nursing home staff, hospital staff and any other private sector workers in high risk positions. Slowly, this will become the norm I believe across the country. A restaurant in a neighboring city is also now requiring proof of vaccination in order to dine there. The FDA should have the vaccines approved (beyond the current emergency use approval) very soon, which will be followed by even more cities and private companies following suit.

Our mayor announced today that all city employees will need to be fully vaccinated by the end of September. Also included are all teachers, nursing home staff, hospital staff and any other private sector workers in high risk positions. Slowly, this will become the norm I believe across the country. A restaurant in a neighboring city is also now requiring proof of vaccination in order to dine there. The FDA should have the vaccines approved (beyond the current emergency use approval) very soon, which will be followed by even more cities and private companies following suit.
These requirements can‘t come soon enough.

There are a lot more local places going the required vaccination route too. I think it’s the only way to get people vaccinated now. And I’m ok with it.

I got vaccinated at the earliest opportunity. I think less of the people who are refusing to get vaccinated (barring a legitimate medical reason). With that being said, I am not opposed nor in favor of vaccination requirements. It's funny that high risk occupations got mentioned and then also in the same thread, "convictions" changing when the bills need to be paid. Those same high risk occupations were also the same ones still going to work in March 2020. If you really want to talk about guinea pigs then the millions of people who still went to work were the true guinea pigs. Don't forget -- April 2020 -- when everyone was at home -- the consensus was that masks were useless. You know why they went to work? Because they had bills to pay and are still going to work when so many have refused to return to the office. You can't be a work-from-homer who says you'll quit if they make you go back to the office and then simultaneously wonder why your store is short staffed, the hours at your favorite restaurant have been reduced, and your packages are delayed.

I'll also add that if you think someone should be forced to take a vaccine for your safety then you better be healthy yourself. I've seen a lot of people afraid of COVID but not afraid of the consequences of carrying an extra 200 pounds.

Last edited:
I do not know if it has been said but Disney CMs get paid to go get the shot. I think they can get 4 hours of pay if they show proof that they got the shot. I forget the deal and it may have changed because I also saw they get $100 incentive to get the shot.

I’m all for it, but I think Disney should make it fair and wait until they can do it to the union people also.
I see it as no different than exempt vs non-exempt in terms of things a company can and cannot do. Union vs non-union are subject to different rules at times by design really. Here in this case there's no reason to choose from a company standpoint not to apply a vaccine requirement on the employees they can immediately while they work out details with the union employees. I don't know how it's unfair for an employee not under a union (in this context) to be required by their employment to do xyz. It's no different than anything else you may be required to do as a condition of employment.

I do wonder how quickly (or slowly for that matter) the union employees will be included in it assuming all things go well and if they don't if Disney will just table it for a later date. I'm unfamiliar with how quickly changes for union employees go there. I *think* there was a pay raise wasn't there a few years back for union? Can't remember the details.

We must be from the same area. My school district announced last week that everyone must wear masks again inside. It's hard to believe that we are the only district that is going to require masks again.

I received two doses of Pfizer but if you tell me I need a third at anytime in the near future I will probably pass

One of my brothers said the same thing just today . He got the Pfizer, also and was extremely sick with the 2nd shot. He had Covid along with most of his immediate family members at Christmas. He didn't want the vaccine because he thought he would be protected with the antibodies science at that time was saying but he got vaxed because he was coaching. He was really glad 8 weeks later when he didn't have to wear a mask because he was fully vaccinated. But now he's not real excited about getting any boosters and according to one of our Michigan news site Pfizer wears off by 6 months. :(

One of my brothers said the same thing just today . He got the Pfizer, also and was extremely sick with the 2nd shot. He had Covid along with most of his immediate family members at Christmas. He didn't want the vaccine because he thought he would be protected with the antibodies science at that time was saying but he got vaxed because he was coaching. He was really glad 8 weeks later when he didn't have to wear a mask because he was fully vaccinated. But now he's not real excited about getting any boosters and according to one of our Michigan news site Pfizer wears off by 6 months. :(
I work in a hospital and our physicians agree that patients who have had COVID are more likely to experience side effects from the vaccine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter