Disney reservation problems…

Iestyn5150

Endlessly chasing dots!
Is anyone else having issues with the dining reservation system at the moment? I’ve been unable to access any reservation slots for more than 24 hours. Either her the ‘We’re working on it’ holding page or a ‘We’re unable to check for available tables at this time’ error message regardless of which restaurant or time slot I search for.

Is anyone else having issues with the dining reservation system at the moment? I’ve been unable to access any reservation slots for more than 24 hours. Either her the ‘We’re working on it’ holding page or a ‘We’re unable to check for available tables at this time’ error message regardless of which restaurant or time slot I search for.
I just checked, the app is working fine for me.

Have you gone through the full process of making a reservation? Past the point of selecting a time slot?
All the way to the credit card page and then I stopped. This was a quick test to check for you.

I am having the same issue with the App and so is my daughter. It’s been happening for over a week (since 1st time we tried booking for this upcoming trip).

We did get to do our reservations via the website in the end.

Are you from the UK by any chance?

I am having the same issue with the App and so is my daughter. It’s been happening for over a week (since 1st time we tried booking for this upcoming trip).

We did get to do our reservations via the website in the end.

Are you from the UK by any chance?
I am yes. I’ve managed to make most of my reservations on the laptop, as I always do. But the last two days it’s been unusable and no matter what device I use it will not let me make a reservation.

Urgghhh very annoying! I just checked and I can still do mine on the website but still not on the App. I get the same stitch page.
Must be a UK problem, but it’s been going on for a while!

Urgghhh very annoying! I just checked and I can still do mine on the website but still not on the App. I get the same stitch page.
Must be a UK problem, but it’s been going on for a while!
I switched my VPN on and bang, reservation secured. It’s clearly stopping reservations from outside the US. That’s a very odd thing to be happening isn’t it!

Switched my VPN off and once again I cannot make reservations.

Attachments

• IMG_6454.jpeg
    IMG_6454.jpeg
    96.1 KB · Views: 2
Unfortunately, they made an 'upgrade' to the reservation system in August which was meant to show greater availability when booking. It had the side effect of preventing people from the UK (and other countries) from being able to book. or causing issues at various stages of the booking process. As you've found, the work around for this is to use a VPN.

I know that people have tried reporting it but the responses so far have been vague, so it is definitely worth continuing to report it in the hope that it gets looked into at some point!

Nm… Yeah, outside the US, it requires using a VPN for a lot of stuff on the website. :rolleyes2
The rest of this would be good steps if you are in the US, and have trouble.

First check to see that you have the latest version of the app, and that your device OS is up to date.

Then try logging out, followed by force restarting the app, and your device. When you re-open the app, sign in again and you may have better luck.

If you are using the website, still log out and force close your browser, restart your device and then reopen the browser and sign back in.

You could also try using a different browser— such as Chrome instead of Edge or Safari. Or accessing via a private or incognito window.

If none of that works, you’ll probably need to contact Guest Services.

Good luck.

Have you tried using a VPN? I also faced this problem with the dining reservation system then somebody recommended me to try Ivacy VPN. The good part is that it is currently available at a cheap rate due to the Black Friday discount.

Disney have always had problems with the UK website. Some URLs don't translate correctly and you end up being redirected to a US URL which generally don't work unless on a VPN. We had a problem last year when trying to book the lightsaber building experience. I had to rewrite the URL from the UK site to get it to work.

This new problem looks to be down to some sort of blocking their end after a couple of requests to the UK dinning API. The US API is completly different (different authentication and API request). I wouldn't be suprised if at some point everything is migrated to the US API. Why there is any seperation (at an API level) is beyond me.

I can see why everyone has so many problems with the Disney site; the verbosity of the requests back and forth makes for a very slow experience; especially considering the number of requests they must get per second.

VPN looks to be the way to go from now on!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter