Disney Resort Dining

Dianekulka

Earning My Ears
We will be arriving on a Sunday and not doing any parks that day and wanted to get a reservation at one of the resorts! I currently have a reservation at Boma because I heard it overlooks the safari but now I'm hearing the food is strange! What is your favorite resort dining restaurant?! P.S. 1900 is unavailable!!

'Ohana, California Grill, Kona Cafe is great but we've only had breakfast there... have heard dinner is good too... Downtown Disney is a good option too, lots of great choices... we LOVE Raglan Road for food, drinks AND entertainment!

Ohana or whispering canyon for resorts. Good luck trying to get reservations now though. Downtown disney aka disney springs now might be a better option for you. Raglan road or paradiso 37 are great options !!

We will be arriving on a Sunday and not doing any parks that day and wanted to get a reservation at one of the resorts! I currently have a reservation at Boma because I heard it overlooks the safari but now I'm hearing the food is strange! What is your favorite resort dining restaurant?! P.S. 1900 is unavailable!!

Keep trying for PF if you want to change. A lot opens up at the last minute because people will cancel so not to get charged if they aren't sure about keeping an ADR. I couldn't get CMC for breakfast this Sat. until 2 days ago.

We are actually heading to Boma tomorrow night for the first time in many years. I know they have "different" options but it was actually voted the best buffet restaurant in all of Florida so I have to see why lol! I figure if my 17 yr old dd is not real adventurous with it she can always go for the "kid" options...:) We are having lunch at WCC tomorrow as we are not doing parks tomorrow either. We figure we'll tour FW campground a bit after we go for a boat ride and then head to our resort and venture back out to Boma for dinner. Will report back, but if you have your heart set on a specific place...keep checking...:thumbsup2...but there are a lot of great resort restaurants other than the most popular.

Feel free to check out my website under RESORTS to see some of our resort restaurant reviews with photos:

http://disneydiningreviews.com/resorts-dining.htm

Thanks so much!!! I'll definitely keep trying for some other places! Let me know how you like it, maybe it's worth it after all :)

I liked Boma, but the rest of my family was not crazy about it.

What are you going for...relaxing, close to your own resort, buffet... or something else? And are you on the DDP, and trying to keep to one credit?

Cape May at the Beach Club gets decent reviews, and is a buffet.

Grand Floridian Cafe at the GF is good, and you still get to visit that lovely resort, and if yo uplan well, you can enjoy Wishes from the Marina.

Kona Cafe at the Poly used to be a favorite of my family, but I have not dined there is a while, so no first hand reviews. We liked it a lot though.

Captain's Grille at the Yacht Club gets consistantly good reviews.

Raglan road in Disney Springs is a favorite of ours.

There is an Italian Restaurant that just opened on teh Boardwalk that has been getting very good reviews

I'm not sure we had anything in particular in mind as far as cuisine or experience! It's our first family trip and just looking to try anything good! We are not on any dining plan. We have a breakfast later in the week at Cape May Cafe but your other recommendations sound good, thanks so much!!

I'm not sure we had anything in particular in mind as far as cuisine or experience! It's our first family trip and just looking to try anything good! We are not on any dining plan. We have a breakfast later in the week at Cape May Cafe but your other recommendations sound good, thanks so much!!

I have not had breakfast at cape May, but a few years ago we stayed at teh Beach club and walked by the restaurant several times while the character meal was taking place. everytime I looked in I could see the characters by tables and they did not seem to be rushing from table to table. Everyone inside seemed to be having a good time.

I am a fairly picky eater and didn't find Boma food to be strange. Having said that, I think there are very few tables in Boma that overlook the savannah....Sanaa has a better view, I believe. I would do something at Disney Springs if you decide not to do Boma....we like Paradiso 37 (they have an outside area overlooking the lake), Raglan Road, and are excited to try the Boathouse this spring.

We love Boma for breakfast and dinner. It is one of our favorite places to eat. It doesn't really overlook the savannah, but you can go outside and look at the animals before or after dinner.

We really enjoyed the buffet at Boma. It was probably a favorite for that trip (2 yrs ago). My boys were 3 & 5 yrs old and they enjoyed the 'parade' around the restaurant.

Our favorites are Jiko, Ohana, and California Grill. The flavors at Jiko are definitely different, but not overwhelmingly strange :)

I'm not a very adventurous eater and definitely don't like spicy foods, but I love the food at Boma. It's easily the best buffet restaurant on property.
As a PP mentioned, there is no view of the savannas from Boma, but there are other easily-accessible locations throughout AKL where you can view them before or after your meal.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter