Disney resort mattresses

Disneyfn420

DIS Veteran
I stayed at the Pop Century on my last trip and the mattress was so comfy. I know Disney sells their mattresses but I was wondering if anyone knows what the same version would be if it was just a plain Sealy. I can't afford the extra $$$$ just to have Disney written on it. I know it says it's made exclusively for the resort but I fugure there has to be a line out that is similar. Anyone have any info?

I so agree about POP's beds.

The ones WDW uses is Sealy Posturpedic brand.

Unfortunately you won't be able to compare WDW's with another sealy posturpedic...as we just bought a mattress and I went thru this extensively.

How it works is this, Sealy doesn't tell the stores that sell them which ones compare to which ones. Each store has "their" style of sealy posturpedic mattresses.
Meaning Sealy makes a bed specifically to be sold at JCPenny, then Sears, local furniture stores. So each place has a different "name" of the mattress.

This makes it very difficult to find out which "names" compare to the rest.

So during my research for the mattress we just got (sealy posturpedic) the only thing I could find out is that POP's version is a med/firm bed with foam. (as their brochure says). Oh and NO pillowtop.

The best thing for you to do is go and test them at your local Sealy posturpedic carrier and compare how you feel. It isn't that hard. I did it...lol
And when we bought ours it wasn't the most expensive, it was on the lower end. We think it feels very much like what we stayed on at POP.

Good luck!!

I was wondering about the mattress at BWV. I love it and would like to purchase one but it's not the same mattress that's in the Resort Collection book. :confused3

Thanks. I've been finding the same issue. I found one site that compared the Disney resorts to their product, but that name wasn't available at Sleepys site. I want to be able to test out the mattress so can't buy it online unless I know the exact model to get. And that store was online only.
I thought the Pop did have pillow top. I forget now. I know it was fairly firm. I'm going to being my sister shopping with me as she came with me on the trip. I can never tell from laying on something for 5 minutes how it will be to sleep on it for 8 hours. Thanks for the help!

Sorry... can we back up for a minute. Disney sells mattresses?? Do you mean they actually sell brand new mattresses? Or do you mean they sell them off when a resort is refurbished?

No they don't have pillowtops. You can feel the "foam" in the mattress but no pillowtop.
I remember specifically, as I hate pillowtops.

That is cool, thanks for the link.

Would these happen to be the same ones they use in their Resorts? And if so, how would I find out which mattress for a particular resort?

I'm curious... 9 nights at CSR and for the first time in years, mine & my DH's back did not ache each morning when we got out of bed. I wish I could have smuggled the queen bed home with us! :rotfl:

That is cool, thanks for the link.

Would these happen to be the same ones they use in their Resorts? And if so, how would I find out which mattress for a particular resort?

I'm curious... 9 nights at CSR and for the first time in years, mine & my DH's back did not ache each morning when we got out of bed. I wish I could have smuggled the queen bed home with us! :rotfl:

I'm not sure about that. Maybe you could call Disney and ask them. :confused3
Would make it easier to buy them that way. Especially since you are buying online without laying on it to test out.

We have a Sealy Posturpedic Plush Top (not pillow top) at home, and it feels pretty much the same as the beds at CSR. Over time the plush feature can flatten out a bit though. Try the "plush top" at your local Sealy dealer and see if it compares.

We stayed in a newly refurbished 1 bedroom villa at the Boardwalk Villas in March. The king bed in the bedroom was the most comfortable bed. I meant to remember to take the sheet off and look at what it is, but I forgot. I really would like to try to find a retail equivalent. It was fantastic to wake up in the morning painfree and refreshed!

Bumping and updating this thread.

I recently stayed at the Bay Lake Tower at the Contemporary (July 2019), and as one would expect when paying nosebleed-level prices for a room, the slumber was wonderful. Out of curiosity, I checked the mattress one day, and it turned out to be a Simmons; specifically, the "Beautyrest Recharge by Simmons Hospitality."

So whatever mattress brands Disney has used in the past is one thing. Here and now, in 2019, and at this specific hotel, they use Simmons.

There seems to have been a time when Disney used to sell their resort mattresses, but not anymore. Simmons Hospitality, however, has a “Guest Purchase" program whereby you can purchase the same mattresses used by specific hotels. By happenstance, Disney's Bay Lake was among the listed hotels, and the corresponding mattress was listed as the "Disney Pillow Top.”

I personally have a Purple.3 at home and love it, but I will admit, the Simmons gave the Purple a run for its money.

A few other Disney hotels were listed (Beach Club, Boardwalk, and also the Grand Californian for those looking to purchase their dream Disneyland mattress) and those turned up various other Simmons models, including the:

- DIsney Value Plush
- Disney Moderate Plush
- Disney Deluxe Plush

It makes sense that a hotelier like Disney, with a wide range of resorts at different price points, would use different mattresses at different properties. My best guess is that Disney uses the same Simmons models at comparable resorts. For example, the Bay Lake is considered a “Deluxe Villa,” many if not most of which are annexed to a “Deluxe Resort Hotel.” So it stands to reason that if this specific “Disney Pillow Top” is being used at the Bay Lake, it is probably also used at the Grand Floridian, and the Polynesian, and Animal Kingdom Lodge, and all the other resorts in the “Deluxe” tier. I did not have the time, money, or inclination to stay at one of these other resorts to test this theory, but would be curious if other 2019 visitors to any of these resorts find the same mattress under the sheets.

That said:

I think part of the mattress comfort also comes from the linens/bedding, which are typically not the kind you can easily buy from Target or BBB or Macy's. Like this Simmons subsidiary, there are manufacturers that cater to the hospitality industry, and it's hard to buy their linens at retail (unless you want to buy a 30-pack of flat sheets, for example, which makes total sense if you're a hotel and zero practical sense as a consumer.)

As best as I can tell, hospitality linens tend to eschew ridiculously high thread counts. I personally think thread counts are the analog equivalent of camera pixels, having more to do with marketing than whether the picture actually looks good. “Look everyone! I just bought 2000-count pima sateen percale combed ultra-organic domestically imported 117% cotton sheets!" OK, that’s great, but are they actually comfortable? Many hospitality sheets are also cotton/poly blends, which sounds downmarket but makes them smooth, cool, and - very important if you’re a hotel - ultra-durable.

I recently bought new sheets manufactured by one such hospitality company (Thomaston Mills) and MAN do they make a difference - however comfortable your mattress is, these sheets elevate it. I have no idea what bedding DIsney buys - I failed to check while I was there - but I would bet dollars to Mickey-Mouse-shaped donuts that they purchase their linens from someone like Thomaston, if not Thomaston themselves.

The flip/down side: You’re not going to find hospitality-grade bedding festooned with images of Elsa or Moana or Mater or any other Disney character. Your color palette consists of white, white, and white (or if you’re feeling really saucy, taupe). But then again, that’s the color of the sheeting at Disney world; white is the de-facto hospitality bedding color.

SO:

To replicate the Disney slumber experience:

- It looks like a Simmons Hospitality mattress is what you’re looking for.
- Consider buying hospitality-grade bedding as well. You have a single choice of color: white.
- I didn’t talk much about this (as it has nothing to do with either mattress quality or bedding quality) but investigate “triple sheeting” as a way of making your bed. This has quickly become the standard in the hospitality industry, and if you’re really trying to replicate the “hotel room” experience - Disney or elsewhere - you need to employ triple sheeting.

Best,

Frank

Last edited:
I wonder if dvc rooms use the same mattresses in the resort they are in. like does BWI use the same mattresses in the cash and dvc side?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter