Disney Resort TV

dobball23

DIS Veteran
I stayed at Old Key West this past weekend. I couldn't find the old resort TV channel. Did they completely remove it from the "interactive" TVs?

It was disappointing to have the new home screen that plays generic music. I almost had to resort to putting on "normal" TV since the Disney offerings were not good. The resort TV channel was always our default in the past.

I think they have now removed it from most TVs. I still had the resort channel when I stayed at BW last year. But usually its the new stuff

They are gone. I HATE the new system. I just wish they kept the music channel. The dumb song they have in the background of the main page is just not good. Their music video channel plays the same 7 videos all the time and repeats, for the past year.
If the music video channel had like a five-hour loop of songs, I would be OK with it. But like you mentioned, it was the same songs over and over again.

Is there a reason WDW TVs don't have the DISNEY+ Channel?
It would be a great way to sell it to those who arent's subscribers yet. 🤷‍♀️

Is there a reason WDW TVs don't have the DISNEY+ Channel?
It would be a great way to sell it to those who arent's subscribers yet. 🤷‍♀️
I have no idea. The closest thing they have is casting D+ from your own device on the smart TVs.

I stayed at Old Key West this past weekend. I couldn't find the old resort TV channel. Did they completely remove it from the "interactive" TVs?

It was disappointing to have the new home screen that plays generic music. I almost had to resort to putting on "normal" TV since the Disney offerings were not good. The resort TV channel was always our default in the past.
YES! This is one of our biggest disappointments over the last year or so. I'm going to try to bring my amazon stick for our next trip and youtube it. Definitely sad that I can get it at home, but not at actual Disney. Blah.

YES! This is one of our biggest disappointments over the last year or so. I'm going to try to bring my amazon stick for our next trip and youtube it. Definitely sad that I can get it at home, but not at actual Disney. Blah.
We even tried casting YouTube to the TV and playing it from our computer, but YouTube isn't supported for casting.

I just did a split stay (got home last night) and one thing I discovered is that not all Disney TVs are the same. The first part was at BCV which, like OKW, didn't have Disney +. Yet, the second resort, AKV DID have it. There were some other differences that were minor, such as the way the Guide was manipulated. What was ironic to me was that BCV was more recently refurbished, yet had a less "modern" TV system (to me at least) than Kidani.

I just did a split stay (got home last night) and one thing I discovered is that not all Disney TVs are the same. The first part was at BCV which, like OKW, didn't have Disney +. Yet, the second resort, AKV DID have it. There were some other differences that were minor, such as the way the Guide was manipulated. What was ironic to me was that BCV was more recently refurbished, yet had a less "modern" TV system (to me at least) than Kidani.
Not all the resorts have the smart TVs, even with the refurbs. I noticed when looking at room tour videos on YouTube that CR didn't have them immediately after the Incredibles rooms went in, but they have them now. Maybe it's supply issues.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter