disney resort w kids

streamsm

Earning My Ears
Any recommendation for a Disney Deluxe Resort for a family of 4 with kids age 4 and 6?
We love animals and were thinking of the Animal Kingdom but was unsure of the commuting time. Would the Polynesian be a better choice? Thanks!

Before you pick your resort think of how many times you want to visit each park during your stay. If you plan to spend alot of time at the Animal Kingdom then the AKL would be a great place to stay, however if you plan to do alot of time at MK and Epcot then the Poly is way more convienient.

Good Luck

Matt
-----------------------------
PO-R '01
Poly '00
Disneyland '97
CBR '92

This year we have been very lucky and have been able to tag along on some business trips of daddy's to WDW. Thank goodness for business trips!!! We would never have been able to do this with out them!

We really liked the Wilderness Lodge!!
The theming was fun and transportation to MK was quick and efficient. Our DD was 6.5 when we were there. It was July and very busy, not having to stand in long lines to get back to the hotel was nice.
We also have stayed at the Yacht Club in September. It was nice to be so close to EPCOT, so on that trip we spent more time there, though getting to MK wasn't really all that bad, no more then twenty minutes wait and transport together. This was September 15th-22 so it was really really really slow!!!! The YC was a little more formal, though Storm a long bay (the pool) was awesome!!!

If we can swing it our next trip in May will be at the Comtemporary. I here that this is a good place for families. Very kid friendly.

Part of our September trip was at Port Orleans. It was very nice also, but I have a horible sense of direction and kept getting lost trying to find our room or the food court!! It can be very confusing!!

For the ages of your children I would highly recommend Wilderness Lodge. Who knows? Maybe you'll luck-out and even get BUNK BEDS!! Way cool!! Check it out on the DIS site!

:cool:

Disnee Dad Says..................................................................You will love AKL, but I would use it as the end of the trip finale. The room size is the same as a moderate, but the animals are all over!

I vote for AKL you & your kids will love it
it might be a long bus ride to MK but the lodge is great.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter