• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney Resorts to start charging parking fees....

Status
Not open for further replies.
So what about FW cabins and parking? Do they fall under the umbrella of FW campsites that is exempt from imposing this fee? It looks like it is classified as a moderate.

No, parking at the cabins will now cost $19. Mind you, each cabin has it's own personal driveway. Yet, Disney will greedily charge you $19/night to park in your own driveway. On top of that, the cabin prices are literally 3 times more for Easter 2019 than they were for Easter 3 years ago. (Values & campsites are over $200 after tax for that time.) I was already annoyed enough about that and considering to stay off site. This is the final tipping point for us. I'm not paying an additional $100-$200 just to park my own car in front of "my" cabin.

No, parking at the cabins will now cost $19. Mind you, each cabin has it's own personal driveway. Yet, Disney will greedily charge you $19/night to park in your own driveway. On top of that, the cabin prices are literally 3 times more for next Easter than they were for Easter 3 years ago. (Values & campsites are over $200 after tax for that time.) I was already annoyed enough about that and considering to stay off site. This is the final tipping point for us. I'm not paying an additional $100-$200 just to park my own car in front of "my" cabin.

Wow, just wow!
And I was floored reading within this thread that one will be paying to park at the resort and then paying to Again to park at a Park?
Did I perhaps read that incorrectly? Or is that what’s anticipated/coming?

Walt must be rolling :(

This just stinks. We rent a car sometimes depending on the resort we stay at for convenience. This is just such a money grab.
As much as I love Disney it's really getting distasteful how much they keep squeezing every last dime from the guests and service is going down hill.
Our last experience at MK was awful. We were there the day in Feb. when Splash, 7DMT and Thunder Mountain were all down for the day. We waited in line at guest services for an hour and they gave us some fast passes for the next day but that still did not make up for missing our favorite rides since that was our only day at MK.

Next trip will be to Universal .... I know... they charge for parking but the Express Pass there is awesome.

Does anyone have the email address to send a complaint? Not that it will do much good.

Last edited:
This just stinks. We rent a car sometimes depending on the resort we stay at for convenience. This is just such a money grab.
As much as I love Disney it's really getting distasteful how much they keep squeezing every last dime from the guests and service is going down hill.
Our last experience at MK was awful. We were there the day in Feb. when Splash, 7DMT and Thunder Mountain were all down for the day. We waited in line at guest services for an hour and they gave us some fast passed for the next day but that still did not make up for missing our favorite rides since that was our only day at MK.

Next trip will be to Universal .... I know... they charge for parking but the Express Pass there is awesome.

Does anyone have the email address to send a complaint? Not that it will do much good.

No email them. They need to hear it.

Sadly, Until people stop going and paying the ridiculous prices they will continue to add fees and increase prices. Emailing and calling mean nothing if not backed up financially. I am frustrated that this is the one time I have upgraded to AP. I had to pay $210 extra because I cold not upgrade over the phone when prices increased 10 days before my trip. Now resort prices have gone up and now parking. #themagicisgone

Sadly, Until people stop going and paying the ridiculous prices they will continue to add fees and increase prices. Emailing and calling mean nothing if not backed up financially. I am frustrated that this is the one time I have upgraded to AP. I had to pay $210 extra because I cold not upgrade over the phone when prices increased 10 days before my trip. Now resort prices have gone up and now parking. #themagicisgone

Agreed! Sea World in San Antonio is a shorter drive for us and it's A LOT less expensive. My kids will be just as happy and I won't be disgruntled. We've also discussed doing Discovery Cove (because it includes Orlando Sea World & Aquatica admission). It's less than a 3-day pass at Disney and I'll gladly stay off site, get free breakfast, and sleep in a spacious, clean suite that doesn't cost more than my mortgage.

Although, maybe they're on to something with charging guests to park overnight in personal driveways. If I charged my inlaws $20 to park overnight at my house, that might be a game changer for us during the holidays! ;)

Last edited:
I'll check back for an answer in the morning. I was kind of shocked about this whole parking fee thing. I tried reading several pages but I'm tired and have to go to bed. I have a question. As far as you all can tell if you already had a reservation booked they would still hit you with this new parking fee?

I'd fly but we live in a smaller town and we have to have layovers to get to Orlando so flying doesn't save us any time at all and costs about five times as much.

I can't imagine adding another $200 or so to our trip just because Disney decided to charge for us to park since we made our reservations months ago.

Honestly, it's just getting out of hand and I probably would have just skipped or held off longer.

No fee if your reservation is booked before March 21st.

I'll check back for an answer in the morning. I was kind of shocked about this whole parking fee thing. I tried reading several pages but I'm tired and have to go to bed. I have a question. As far as you all can tell if you already had a reservation booked they would still hit you with this new parking fee?

I'd fly but we live in a smaller town and we have to have layovers to get to Orlando so flying doesn't save us any time at all and costs about five times as much.

I can't imagine adding another $200 or so to our trip just because Disney decided to charge for us to park since we made our reservations months ago.

Honestly, it's just getting out of hand and I probably would have just skipped or held off longer.

Never thought I'd say this, but a $13 per night parking fee is the straw that broke the camel's back. We've visited WDW annually for the last 20 years and have seen a lot of changes. Most of the changes I grumble about a little bit and move on. After all, Disney is a business. However there's NO WAY I will pay to park in my resort's ample parking lot. Looks like we'll become offsite visitors and/or start skipping our annual WDW vacation.

Parking for DVC members is covered by the annual dues. And those do go up each year for the most part.

Yeah, Disney isn't being "nice" to DVC members using points. The lawyers and brand folks read the iron-clad contracts and all the marketing materials, and somewhere in there it spelled out parking was a benefit. They've got lawyers who keep them playing exactly by the rules of those agreements, even if the average member doesn't know what was exactly in those materials when they signed them.

i understand anger but they arent imposing this on anyone who as already booked so they arent ripping people off if they are up front about it.(we go august)

im assuming they wont reduce room prices for this as some people dont park already and pay the room rates

i have to say it annoys me when i pay to stay in a hotel and i struggle to park. does my head in driving round so hopefully there are more spaces now.

we use hire cars as we do long trips from the uk and this will make we think about disney now. i love the all inclusive feel and this goes against this. hate any extras on my hotel bill as i like to pay up front

soon they will turn into pretty much any hotel. buses will get over crowded.

would love to know why deluxe are charged more to park! well at least all that lovely parking at disney springs will be put to good hse with people leaving their cars there and getting buses to their resorts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter