Disney Resorts to start charging parking fees....

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would use the facebook, more people read facebook. That will make a heavy impact for even first time visitors. All the extras they force people to pay is outrageous. If people would stop paying for all this WDW would get the hint. But this is mho.
The Disney facebook page is heavily censored. None of the complaints about this new fee will make it to the page. Though I haven't looked lately, so I guess I'm not sure if they are still heavily censoring the comments.

Personally, I think this remains to be seen. Does anyone truly believe Disney will be keeping track/paying attention to when everyone booked so they aren't charged? If so, you have a lot more faith in Disney IT than I do.

I’m sure there’s an easy way for them to keep track of when people booked.

Either way, if they choose not to keep track, I’ll happily go to the front desk with my confirmation email and escalate the issue as far up as I need to.

Every time I try to go onto Disney's website to even check rates it tells me someone ate the page and has the Stitch picture. This has been happening since last night at least. Is the site down for everyone or is it just my computer?

Personally, I think this remains to be seen. Does anyone truly believe Disney will be keeping track/paying attention to when everyone booked so they aren't charged? If so, you have a lot more faith in Disney IT than I do.

I've no doubt that many cm's at the front desk will charge you or try to charge you as many are unaware of policy change and current rules. Be aware of your charges and screen shot the page that mentions reservations made before March 21st not having to pay the parking fee now in case you do accidentally get charged.

Every time I try to go onto Disney's website to even check rates it tells me someone ate the page and has the Stitch picture. This has been happening since last night at least. Is the site down for everyone or is it just my computer?
I am able to get on.

perfect. Crowds are already starting to go down. And there are 10 people who will continue to go to Disney 3-5 times a year and will pay the parking fee. So you not going has zero effect on Disney's bottom line, but lowers the crowds that little bit. Just like voting, every little bit counts.
:laughing: As Jennasis pointed out earlier, it can't be both. Either crowds are going to go down or there will be 10 people there to take one person's place. Which is it? o_O

Again ... I never said a FAMILY can but yes absolutely a family can go for far less then 10 days in Disney .. even with airfare .. I’m amazed that a stranger online can feel they know more fact about something you have personally experienced then you do .. but I can see your one that always knows better so enjoy your vacations lol
Actually before you reply to my “ rant “ you should probably re read my actual post ...
Our last trip to Ireland was for 10 days for a family of four! Rental car, accommodation, airfare, breakfast each day, free admission to many sites, right around $4500. :) (ps we're planning another Ireland trip this year rather than WDW)

I’m a DVC member. Bought in in 2004 and have been coming two to three times a year since 1999.
The parking doesn’t even affect me but when I saw the parking fee to regular guests it made me angry. I thought to myself Seriously a parking fee??? People already pay a premium to stay at Disney. This is crazy to me. I truly feel bad for people that scrape to do a Disney vacation and now have this added. Disney to me is supposed to be magical no matter what your budget is.
I was just at Disney for 12 days. Five at Port Orleans for my daughters dance team and seven at The Boardwalk on my DVC. There were alot of issues that I haven’t seen in my twenty years. Dirty rooms, trash around, cast members that were not the typical friendly people we have usually dealt with. Main pools closed at 8pm, some really terrible food and service. The last five years quality has dropped at an alarming rate. I thought to myself what is going on. This is not the Disney I fell in love with.
Many parents from the Dance team said if our studio wanted to come again they weren’t coming back.
My parents stayed at the Beach Club for 10 days and said they will never go back. My father has a bad back (8 operations) and his bed was really sunk in. He asked if he could change rooms and was told no because all the mattresses were the same. The woman at the desk told him to try using the pullout couch. Seriously??
I was going to renew my annual passes when we were there only to be informed it went up over 30 a person. I said forget it and put it on hold.
( I hadn’t been on here in a couple weeks leading up to our vacation and missed the posts over tickets going up again.) I am still really on the fence about renewing them. I have gone every September for my daughters birthday since she was 5 as a special daddy daughter trip and now I’m not so sure. We might start a new tradition. Thinking about trying universal and going to Harry Potter since she’s a big fan of the movies.
Like I said it’s not the parking fee because it doesn’t even affect me. Fortunately its not the money for my family. I’m just very disappointed in all the price increases and lack quality over the last five years.
Honestly I just wish the Magic of Disney would find its way back.

Last edited:
This has been happening to me for the last month

I went on a week long Northern European cruise, and to London for a week with my Mom last August. Had an AMAZING time. Flew from Seattle to Heathrow for $550 on a Virgin Atlantic deal. By the time the hotels, cruise, and airfare were paid, I paid less for myself to go and do all over 2 weeks than for just my daughter and I to go and spend 5 nights at the Poly with dining and airfare.

People think Europe isn't within reach, and I think Disney would like us to think that. It isn't, not even a little bit. If you plan 12-18 months out, or take a last minute deal, it can be much cheaper than WDW.

For me - it's not an either/or situation. I want to go to Europe and I want to go to Disney. I have done and will do all kinds of vacations.
It's hard for me to understand comparing the two types of trips outside of price.

Last night I watched Coco. I was amazed by the imagery and emotion they created for the Land of The Dead. Ever since I was a child I've had a fascination with sci-fi movies and the other worlds they created, fairy-tales, magic kingdoms, etc. Tim Burton movies encapsulate these worlds and Coco last night was another great example. If I could live in the existence created by The Fifth Element, I'd be there!

Now I'm not crazy ;), I know these place don't exist. But Disney is the only place that even comes close at replicating the feeling I get when I watch these movies. It's a little drug beast in me that needs to be fed every few years. So if I want to feel that type of wonder/magic - going to Pigeon Forge just isn't gonna cut it! :)
The real world details of cost vs worth (is it a "real" deluxe, soap dispensers, etc.) aren't a factor in my Disney trips. I realize it's an extravagant expense. That's why going to Disney is a special occasion trip, which we save separately for as long as have to.

We are much more budget conscious for our other trips though!

Keep paper documentation. Call the resort before your arrival and make sure there is either a "standard" exception to the fees listed on your account, or have them make a local notation that the visit is grandfathered for free parking.

Sorry I don’t believe that. $4,000 with airfare, plus hotel, food etc. flight alone cost that or more from the US (family). Unless you went by yourself.

I think that's starting to change as more airlines get into the low-cost trans-Atlantic market. I've seen better fares to Europe lately than to a lot of west coast destinations. My daughter is leaving for Japan in June and I can get cheaper flights to London and Dublin than I got for her to get to Portland for the exchange program's orientation.

Good for Disney. It's about time everyone starts to pay for parking. If you don't want to pay Disney rates, Park offsite, I am sure it is cheaper. Drop your luggage, food and other items off at the hotel. Use all the free transportation available to you bus, monorail, boat. I bet 90% of all the people on this board have been to Disney a gillion times. Relax, enjoy your vacation the extra minutes to get where you are going is not going to kill you. Plus with less cars on the road, the bus transportation will become more efficient, thus your wait times will decrease.

Why should I have to "relax" and accept delays in getting to the parks that I'm paying $400+pp to visit for a few days? Is it really acceptable that getting to a bus stop at 7:00 can't get you to a park by 8:30 (actual experience from our last trip)? And what evidence do you have for the idea that the bus system will become more efficient? It doesn't appear to be traffic that holds things up most of the time, it is too few buses and too few drivers to meet the customer demand.

Now I'm not crazy ;), I know these place don't exist. But Disney is the only place that even comes close at replicating the feeling I get when I watch these movies. It's a little drug beast in me that needs to be fed every few years. So if I want to feel that type of wonder/magic - going to Pigeon Forge just isn't gonna cut it! :)
The real world details of cost vs worth (is it a "real" deluxe, soap dispensers, etc.) aren't a factor in my Disney trips. I realize it's an extravagant expense.

This is precisely how I feel! I don’t understand the people who can easily find Disney replacements. I mean, I’m happy for you that you’re excited for other vacations-genuinely; no sarcasm there, I’m happy you’re excited- but to me, nothing replaces that Disney feeling. We’re DVC but even if we weren’t we’d still go and pay to park. Because for my family, personally-and obviously your mileage may vary as seen in these comments- it’s worth the money for the magic and how carefree I feel while there! (No small thing-I have TERRIBLE anxiety).

ITA. I mean, half the time my AP renewal date gets screwed up... and it’s been the same day for 10+ years! I’ll be armed with my original confirmation email, just in case.

Do you doubt their ability to keep track of the rate you agreed to when making a reservation? We all pay different amounts due to seasonality and discounts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter