• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney Resorts to start charging parking fees....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry for off topic but felt the need to respond. My DD is a chorus director at a school and they perform at Disney during certain times of the year. The kids are told what they can and cannot do and are broken up into smaller groups with a chaperone! They are teenagers who are told that if they act up in lines they will not be going back.

I hope that at least with all the uproar about the parking fees that they will do it on a test basis. As I posted earlier, they could give fast passes to ease the pain.

I won't be surprised when they start charging for fast passes. They start doing that, that will be the last straw for us.

Don't hold your breath... it's the industry standard right now for Universal, Busch Gardens, etc... :rolleyes1

I know Bush Gardens has a express pass you pay for the whole day (unlimited rides). We will be there next week, I will post the price and if it is worth it etc.

But the hotel we are staying at in Williamsburg has free parking with a free breakfast, so that is the industry standard there.

Well I got a canned reply to my email about the parking fees. But, they did kinda listen, because my email says they are moving the WDW resort to be more "in line" with their policies in California and Hawaii. So they took out the "industry standard" line.

Still so annoyed.

After 9 days I received a call back from Disney.
Her name was Alison and she was a pleasure to deal with.
We talked for 30 minutes. I explained all my concerns we had from my 12 day trip two weeks ago. The cleanliness, the poor service and food we had, the buses, the insane cost for the Minnie van service, the handling of my fathers bed situation, the insanity of having to go through bag check at the magic kingdom to access the boat for the Hoop and to get to and from the Polynesian for the buses. I said it was just line after line after line. When it takes 20 minutes and the line started at ohana check in to take the monorail to access the bus back again after dinner was crazy.
We talked all about the declining services I felt I’ve experienced in the last 5 years and constant up charges for everything. I told her I’ve been coming down from NH since 1999 two to three times a year and she said she saw I was a repeat customer. I said the parking fees don’t affect me because I was DVC but it was just disheartening to me to see this. I said the nickel and dime practices for less and less quality is baffling me. I explained my annual pass expires tomorrow and I didn’t renew when I was there due to the disappointment from the last trip and wasn’t sure I was going to renew it at all. I said I think I just need a break because my love of Disney was suffering. I told her I come every September for my youngest daughters birthday and for the first time ever I booked Universal instead the other night.
She was super nice and listened to everything I said with zero pushback.
She offered me a couple deals to reconsider, an annual pass deal was one and if I decided to reconsider the September trip and changed my mind to please call her directly because she would take care of us.
She even emailed me after the conversation with a case number and told me it was a pleasure to talk to me and she could tell from my voice and well thought out explanations I was upset. She even thanked me for being so polite. I thought that was a very nice touch.
During the conversation she told me Mr Kalogridis has read my email. She also said this was the largest pushback from guests she’s ever seen.
She said to me without guests voices pushing back on these issues things won’t change.
So if anyone has concerns but didn’t say anything please speak up.

All in all I was impressed with the conversation and feel better about things. I’m sure it’s not all changing or actually anything will change but the acknowledgment at least made me feel a little better.

Last edited:

In 2 years, she will be going on her long anticipated chorus group trip. There will probably be 100 students just from her school. Im sure they will be singing their songs while walking along. Its what they do. 16 year old chorus students. Imagine them waiting in line for 2 hours to ride Splash Mountain. Should they stand in silence?

No. But they shouldn't sign their songs while walking around and waiting in line. I wouldn't appreciate it any more than I would a visiting band playing their trumpets and drumming.

Sorry for off topic but felt the need to respond. My DD is a chorus director at a school and they perform at Disney during certain times of the year. The kids are told what they can and cannot do and are broken up into smaller groups with a chaperone! They are teenagers who are told that if they act up in lines they will not be going back.

I hope that at least with all the uproar about the parking fees that they will do it on a test basis. As I posted earlier, they could give fast passes to ease the pain.

Exactly. When my nephew went with his school orchestra to play they had strict instructions on how to behave. And those who didn't follow them were punished.

I have to add, it is the kids who expect the rest of us to accept their inconsiderate behavior just because they are kids that most of us have a problem with. Being a teenager on a trip is no excuse for being inconsiderate of others.

I finally got a standard reply to the email I sent the day the parking fees were announced -
"We occasionally make adjustments based on a variety of factors, including alignment with our resorts in California, Hawaii and nearly 80% of full-service hotels in the Central Florida area. The policy regarding resort overnight parking will apply to Guests who book their hotel reservations on or after March 21, 2018, while Theme Park parking will remain complimentary for all Resort Guests."

Exactly. When my nephew went with his school orchestra to play they had strict instructions on how to behave. And those who didn't follow them were punished.

I have to add, it is the kids who expect the rest of us to accept their inconsiderate behavior just because they are kids that most of us have a problem with. Being a teenager on a trip is no excuse for being inconsiderate of others.

This is what Im saying. Of course they are all instructed on good etiquette, but when there are so many you have to expect some just want to do what they want to do. You get 100 students having individual conversations, and its going to be loud, even if nobody is yelling. Then one sees a friend way up ahead, and calls their name to get their attention etc... things happen and they are not always quite. I dont complain about the toddlers having meltdowns and tantrums while Im trying to enjoy my dinner, and I dont complain about teens being loud.

I told her I’ve been coming down from NH since 1999 two to three times a year and she said she saw I was a repeat customer. I said the parking fees don’t affect me because I was DVC but it was just disheartening to me to see this.

Are any of those trips paid by cash (non-points) for non-DVC rooms? If so, parking fees apply as I understand it.

In any case, thanks for adding your voice (and being polite to those on the phone).

I finally got a standard reply to the email I sent the day the parking fees were announced -
"We occasionally make adjustments based on a variety of factors, including alignment with our resorts in California, Hawaii and nearly 80% of full-service hotels in the Central Florida area. The policy regarding resort overnight parking will apply to Guests who book their hotel reservations on or after March 21, 2018, while Theme Park parking will remain complimentary for all Resort Guests."

Of course they will not charge to park at the Parks too, that would be paying to park twice. :rolleyes:

Well I got a canned reply to my email about the parking fees. But, they did kinda listen, because my email says they are moving the WDW resort to be more "in line" with their policies in California and Hawaii. So they took out the "industry standard" line.

Still so annoyed.

I am too. We are DVC but we don't always use our DVC points. We have told family if they are planning on meeting us there, to stay off site to save money.

There is a big difference between Disneyland & Disney World.... in Florida they have several hotels/resorts to fill, not so much in California. They can they want to be inline with California all they want but when they have empty rooms in Florida they will have a problem.

Are any of those trips paid by cash (non-points) for non-DVC rooms? If so, parking fees apply as I understand it.

In any case, thanks for adding your voice (and being polite to those on the phone).

Yes I usually do one big trip on my Dvc points. 10-14 day stay. The other trips are a weekend getaway for me and my wife and the September trip is always 4 days. I’ll use the AP or Dvc discount for a room.
With those trips I never rent a car. We swim, just hit our favorite rides with fastpasses, people watch with ice creams, walk around different resorts and hit our favorite restaurants.

I deal with customers all day long and believe in being kind while voicing concerns or issues. The customers that talk to me or my employees with respect I always take care of and go the extra mile for over the ones that start screaming and insulting us. Not everything goes as we want it too in life, but complaining while being mean to someone doesn’t work for me.

Fascinating, so the party line has switched from "Industry Standard" to now, aligning with our other resorts. Each of their resorts are completely unique. How can you align one with the other. And even if you could, wouldn't you want to align your smaller resorts to your flagship resort. Not to mention DL resort is completely land locked and has extremely limited space. Aulani is entirely different type of resort. Keep aligning and standardizing, you will standardize/align yourself out business.

From Aulani's website. Why aren't they allowing Day guests free rein there as well? Hmm

Parking for Overnight Guests
There's so much to do at and around Aulani Resort that you may not need a car! For overnight Guests who wish to park, self parking is $37* per day, or for the same price, enjoy convenient valet parking service. Rates are subject to change.

Parking for Disney Vacation Club Members
Disney Vacation Club Members staying on a points reservation can enjoy convenient self-parking at no daily charge for up to 2 vehicles.

Parking Validation for Day Guests
The following parking fees apply for day Guests visiting Aulani Resort:
  • Valet parking for day Guests is $37* per day
  • Self-parking for day Guests is $12 per hour—or a maximum of $37* per day

Enjoy complimentary self-parking or valet parking at Aulani Resort for up to 4 hours when you spend $35* or more at the following venues:

To have your parking validated, please bring your parking ticket and purchase receipt to 'AMA'AMA, Makahiki or Laniwai – A Disney Spa.

Last edited:

Still so annoyed.

The Disneyland Resort is smack dab in the middle of Anaheim, and Oahu’s land is scarce and expensive. In line, my eye...

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter