Disney Rewards and Gift Cards

DisneySam3775

Earning My Ears
Hello this is my first post under this name as the one I have had for years I couldn't get into for some reason. We haven't been to the World since Xmas 2013 and went to Disneyland for the first time in 2017. So I'm a little rusty. But anyways I have two questions:
1. I have accumulated a bunch of Disney rewards and thought that would help on a good chunk of food for the week. I plan on taking full advantage of the order ahead when possible. Can I pay on the app using rewards?
2. My daughter is going with school (this is why we are going also) and so for her birthday she got several GC's. She will need to pay for lunch and snacks. I'm wondering if we can combine all the GC's together so she doesn't have to worry about the 6-8 she has? And can she use the GC card to order and pay ahead?

Thanks!

Reward Redemption cards and Gift cards CANNOT be used to mobile order. (you could pre order at Be Our Guest and then use them when you confirm and pay for your order but that is different from mobile order at other queick service locations)
You'd need to use a credit card or dining plan credits to mobile order.

Yes you can combine her gift cards into one on the Disney gift card website.
https://www.disneygiftcard.com/

Ok thanks. Maybe I'll put the rewards towards room and tickets instead.
Great about being able to combine the GC's!!

I have my credit card linked to my account, because you can't link a rewards card. We used our Magic Bands for all of our purchases, including food, so technically it was being charged to my card. BUT they don't seem to charge your card right away.

When we got back to the hotel, I went to the front desk and asked them to use my rewards redemption card for my balance. I only did this once during our stay, not every day. Paid for darn near the entire vacation with my saved rewards. So my experience is that, while you need to have a credit card linked to your account, you can end up using the rewards to pay for whatever you want.

I have my credit card linked to my account, because you can't link a rewards card. We used our Magic Bands for all of our purchases, including food, so technically it was being charged to my card. BUT they don't seem to charge your card right away.

When we got back to the hotel, I went to the front desk and asked them to use my rewards redemption card for my balance. I only did this once during our stay, not every day. Paid for darn near the entire vacation with my saved rewards. So my experience is that, while you need to have a credit card linked to your account, you can end up using the rewards to pay for whatever you want.
Its charged back to your room reservation and gets charged to the card only after you reach a certain limit or at check out.
Personally if I'm paying with a redemption card or gift card I just use it to take out the step of going to the front desk but that is just how I do it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter