• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney Rewards Dollars

JD698

Mouseketeer
I have over $400 in disney dollars I won’t be able to use and I would like to cash them in and sell them so they don’t go to waste. Does anyone know the going rate for that?

I don't know about cashing them in but Disney website says you can still spend them at the parks and at Disney stores. I wonder if one of the stores could exchange them for you. I also see that people are selling them on eBay. I guess they are collectible now.

Use your rewards dollars to buy Disney gift cards, which never expire. If you don't think you will ever go back to Disney or you would just rather have cash, I would start with posting on facebook to see if any of your friends will be going and might want to buy them from you. Alternately, you could sell them at a gift card site like Raise or Cardpool.

I have over $400 in disney dollars I won’t be able to use and I would like to cash them in and sell them so they don’t go to waste. Does anyone know the going rate for that?
You can redeem for movie tickets (Disney movies or Star Wars). You can use them online at disneyshopping for Disney merchandise.

Do you have the Premier Disney Visa? You can redeem for airline travel for tickets anywhere (not just Disney!)

Selling would be more difficult because unlike gift cards, there is no electronic equivalent for the redemption card. I'm not sure whether resellers like Raise will accept the redemption cards for sale.

I am pretty sure selling rewards points is not within the terms and conditions for Disney rewards dollars as listed at chase.com. They are pretty clear that rewards dollars are only for you and your family's use. Of course, I have no idea of how Chase would know if you sold them and the person using them wasn't you; just thought I'd put it out there.

The card no longer expires once you have transferred your money to it. Just call and order a reward card and save it until you want to spend it.

I would never purchase a Disney Reward card. As stated above, if you were to close out the account they would no longer be worth anything, and I don't really think it would be a *permitted* by the card terms activity. I think you may have better luck getting gift cards and trying to sell them, if you are going to sell anything.

That is not to say you cannot sell the rewards, just saying I am not sure there is a going rate. I have never heard of anyone doing it before. It is why we have switched to a cash back credit card though. At least cash can be used on whatever you want, whenever you want. Not just when you are going on vacation.

The card no longer expires once you have transferred your money to it. Just call and order a reward card and save it until you want to spend it.

But don’t close the credit card without confirming if they will stay active!

Reward Redemption cards lose all value once the associated credit card account is closed. As long as the credit card is open (even if not used regularly), Reward dollars on a Redemption Card will not expire (they used to but not anymore). Reward dollars NOT transferred to a Redemption Card WILL expire 5 years after those points were earned.

Just to agree with others- buy gift cards with the reward dollars. Then you don’t have to worry about losing them when closing the account.

You can’t. There is no selling your rewards dollars. The downside of the Disney credit card vs a cashback credit card. I like the vote to turn it into movie tickets and/or a Disney gift card. The Premier can be turned into statement credits for airline purchases I believe- but only the Premier.

I don't think the redemption card becomes invalid once the account is closed. I have an account that's been closed for several months but the redemption card from that account still has the rewards on it.

I hope my questions makes sense. I will be in Central Florida for just two nights, visiting college campuses with our high school senior. I happen to have $100 on one of the Disney Reward Redemption Cards, so I planned on taking it in case we had time to pick up some Christmas gifts for younger cousins. Would we be able to use the Disney Reward Redemption Card at any retailer or restaurant at Disney Springs? Or will we be limited to only Disney Stores?

Thank you!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter