• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney "Sing Along Songs" videos.

POOH&PIGLET

I love my DW, DDs, & DVC!
A slightly different topic.

How are the Disney "Sing Along Songs" videos?
Are they animated or not?

The Disney Movie Club has them on sale for buy one get one free. They are listed as $12.95.

Titles include: Disneyland Fun, Pocahontas, Let's go to the Circus, 101 Dalmations, The Lion King, The Jungle Book, Aladdin, Beauty & the Beast, The Little Mermaid, and Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah.

Some are animated, some are more live action. The ones that you list that have live action are Disneyland Fun, and I also think Lets Go to the Circus is also. I think the others you list are animated. I know for sure the Little Mermaid is as we have that one. My just turned 3 year old likes the live action ones better than the animated ones for some reason. She has been watching them for over a year now and still loves to watch them. We have the Halloween one, the Beach Party one, Little Mermaid, a camping one and I think the Disneyland Fun. They are her favorite videos to watch. We did rent the Animal Kingdom one, and she really didn't care for that one, not sure why though. I know they sell some at our Target, but not sure how much they cost, it might be worth it to check the price there if you are thinking about ordering some.

I have 4 non-animated ones, and the kids at work (I work at a daycare) tend to like these ones better. They are Disneyland Fun, Fliks Adventure-based in AK, a beach one, and a campout one-based in WL. The kids I teach are 3 years old.

The ones based on the movies (pochoantis, lion king, etc) are basically the songs from the movies.

The ones based on Disney parks are live action.

We have the camping one, it is live action and my DD 2 is ENTHRALLED by it!! I have to admit it gets on my nerves a little after about 10 re-playings of it in a weekend tho :) Some of the songs seem like odd choices for 'camping' songs (Like Jeepers Creepers), but I think that DD just likes to see the kids singing and having fun. At the end credits, there is a scene of Goofy (her favorite) waterskiing on the Seven Seas Lagoon and at one point you can see the Poly in the background - I always point it out and tell DD that's where we are going next month! :)

My 3 year old is obsessed with the live action ones...in fact..before bed tonight...so i'm singing..."goodnight campers..goodnight campers...we're going to see you soon!" Between that and the wiggles....i really need some adult time!!!!!

Snowwhite18, it's the same at our house. Wiggles and character disney videos from WDW! Although, I admit I enjoy the WDW vidoes b/c it's a fun way to get ready for vacation. I can do without the Wiggles but that's really not a choice!
;)

Cinmell, Definitely! It looks like we will be there at the same time! We are getting my daughter familiar with everything using these videos...it's her 3rd time here, but the first time that she'll get into things...the last two times she was too little to really understand. These are the best videos for me because i enjoy Disney so much and these incorporate the parks and characters. Have fun on vacation!

Snowwhite18, can you get those wiggles tunes out of your head? I can't!!!! Anyway, I also try explain to our daughter that these characters are the ones we'll see in Disney and we'll be able to go for rides on the monorail. I'm sure she doesn't understand yet (she'll be just under 2) but she really likes the characters and knows she'll be seeing Goofy and Mickey. I hope she's as excited to meet them when she actually sees them as she is now. I'm looking forward to finding out! Enjoy your vacation!

My kids loved the non-animated ones, not so much the animated. The non-animated ones we have are: Disneyland fun (by far the most fav.), beach-party (2nd choice in our family), the circus one (3rd) and the campout one. My DD's that are 9 will still watch them sometimes!
My DD that is 4 loves them, too. The Disneyland Fun one was good to watch before our trip. It got her used to the "spooky" haunted manion! She was de-sensitized and loved the ride when we were there!

We have the camping one and the beach one. My DS 3 and DD 5 have loved them for years.

My kids still refer to BB as "... HOT, HOT, HOT..."

We also have the Beach & Camp one and dd loved them. She also has liked the Christmas one I picked up at WDW last year with the characters in it. We also have had the Disneyland one for quite sometime and it took her a year to like that one. The circus one was also a slow to like but loved that one. She goes through stages with them.

We have one of the animated ones and it doesn't seem to hold her interest. It's kinda like M-TV disney where they just show videos of the songs from different movies but the themes are misleading. We have one that shows Beauty & the Beast but it only has 2-3 clips from the movie and other movie song segments are on there.

We just got back and my 4yo DS kept talking about "hot,hot,hot" and I thought he was referring to the fact that it was hot,hot,hot when we went. Well it took my 13yo DS to remind me of the song on the video and that he was talking about BB! He is so cute when he says "Remember riding the tobaggan racers at "hot,hot,hot"!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter