Disney Skyliner (Gondola Transportation System) Read Post 1 Now Open!

Ack! I was subconsciously pushing it a day early to increase my June 30 chances!

Still, we don't check out until July 9th. So, there's hope.

July 1 is our HS day
July 5 is Epcot
July 6 is Bon Voyage breakfast.
I think the only reason I know is because my husband is on a field assignment in LA and normally he comes home very very late Thursday night but with 4th of July being on a Thursday he'll get to come home very very late Wednesday. Otherwise I would have had to look it up lol.

Good luck to you though!!

So.. I wasn't sure if that Disney Parks blog said there were 55 uniquely wrapped cabins or that the 55 that were unwrapped included non-themed cars as well. I'm still hoping for a TRON cabin...
I would like to know this, too. And more specifically, what is the percentage of cabins unwrapped that have characters? 50%? 25% ?

Also, sorry if this has been asked already, but...

Everything Disney has advertised talks about guest at certain resort hotels getting to use the gondolas to get to HS or EP. However, will regular guests without hotel reservations also be able to ride them? Say, as a way to park hop between EP and HS?

Also, sorry if this has been asked already, but...

Everything Disney has advertised talks about guest at certain resort hotels getting to use the gondolas to get to HS or EP. However, will regular guests without hotel reservations also be able to ride them? Say, as a way to park hop between EP and HS?
All Disney transportation is open to everyone so the Skyliner will be the same.

Guess another way to look it is is: they aren't concerned about the people who have been vocal about not riding them due to no A/C if they are opening it in the hottest month vs opening in cooler time and let people get used to them
That's what I was trying to get across, there are still those with doubt, not me...I'm riding them as much as possible.

I'm staying at the Pop in November. I'm probably one of the few (at least I hope I am) not planning to ride the Skyliner to the Studios for Star Wars.

Because they don't have AC? No.
Because I'll have to ride with rando's? No
Because of long lines? No.

Because I want to beat the hoards of people they will carry to the entrance gate. I'll Lyft over before the Skyliner get's started in the morning so I can get a jump on people using them. It's a vacation. I'll sleep when I'm back at work. I will defiantly ride them back in the evening of course.

* OK, that was a typo but I like the way it sounds so I'm letting it stand.

I'm staying at the Pop in November. I'm probably one of the few (at least I hope I am) not planning to ride the Skyliner to the Studios for Star Wars.

Because they don't have AC? No.
Because I'll have to ride with rando's? No
Because of long lines? No.

Because I want to beat the hoards of people they will carry to the entrance gate. I'll Lyft over before the Skyliner get's started in the morning so I can get a jump on people using them. It's a vacation. I'll sleep when I'm back at work. I will defiantly ride them back in the evening of course.

* OK, that was a typo but I like the way it sounds so I'm letting it stand.

Will be interesting to see how early they start them running .... especially during that first period when DHS will be opening at 6am - will they start at 5am?

Will be interesting to see how early they start them running .... especially during that first period when DHS will be opening at 6am - will they start at 5am?
We're totally replanning our Sept trip to enjoy early mornings in the parks, a rest/swim in the afternoon them heading back to the parks. Early Skyliner option from Pop would be icing on the cake!

We're totally replanning our Sept trip to enjoy early mornings in the parks, a rest/swim in the afternoon them heading back to the parks. Early Skyliner option from Pop would be icing on the cake!

I can' imagine they would have the parks open (even the super early Extra! Extra! read-all-about-it morning hours) and not having them running when one of the main things they are for is to transport people to DHS for GE, but just not sure if they will have them up and running as early BEFORE that early opening as they would on a normal day ... but we shall see

They have really done a good job with the characters/movies. And there are a lot more represented than I expected, to be honest. I especially like the Haunted Mansion and Pirates of Caribbean. I was not expecting classic rides like that.

Does anyone know if there will be a Tangled gondola? Bonus points if you can produce a photo. :)

My wife has informed me we will need to cancel our trip in July unless there is a Tangled gondola.:rotfl:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter