Disney Skyliner (Gondola Transportation System) Read Post 1 Now Open!

So.... we're about a month away from July
4th.

Any update on whether this rumor will turn into fact or fiction?

Some new aerials up today from @bioreconstruct

Epcot International Gateway is still working on their revamp. DHS new security seems about halfway done though. Pop/AoA, CBR, Boardwalk turn look like they’re basically ready to go.

I don’t think a month is impossible to make. Could be after July 4, especially since Disney’s made no promises, but it seems like they have plenty of time to finish the IG and DHS security expansions and get staff trained and ready. It may not be July 1, but certainly by July 31?

Looking at above picture and didn't realize they went above water. How do they emergency evacuate those that are trapped over water?

Looking at above picture and didn't realize they went above water. How do they emergency evacuate those that are trapped over water?
You have a boat/barge in the water that allows folks to lowered to it via rope. Search youtube for ski lift evacuation to see a bunch of different options to accomplish the goal. I've trained to do it at previous employer and it is fairly simple once you know how.

Way back I remember a PP mentioned the possibility of them opening the gondolas in waves, that is certain routes at a time. I'll bet this is their plan, and the routes that include DHS will open 8/29, the others probably later.

I have no idea if that is just speculation or based on any sources but based on the overview photo of the construction at the France pavilion I could see that making sense (right now the gondolas basically go right by a fully exposed construction site) ... Plus would give more time for construction of the Riviera

You have a boat/barge in the water that allows folks to lowered to it via rope. Search youtube for ski lift evacuation to see a bunch of different options to accomplish the goal. I've trained to do it at previous employer and it is fairly simple once you know how.
I think the barge actually has a platform high enough to walk straight on to out of the cabin. IIRC

Didnt realise how high off the ground the Riveria station is. That's alot of steps to climb. Is there a elevator?

I don't think the Riviera station is up high - if you are referring to the picture above, that is the Boardwalk parking lot turn - not a station just a turn on the way to the Epcot station

I'm super excited for the Skyliner to open. Convenience to and from the parks is a big factor in where my wife and I decide to stay. It's why we love staying at the Beach Club. While the Skyliner still would take longer than just walking to Epcot, the nature of a gondola transportation system will be a whole lot better than standing around waiting for a bus or a boat. This might make us try some new resorts on the Skyliner route!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter