• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney Skyliner (Gondola Transportation System) Read Post 1 Now Open!

All lines run to the resorts. Some people (not me ha) are up at 2am. There would be video of the Gondolas running. People probably wouldn’t be getting off and on but the doors open so it would be possible to see people on the Gondolas
The DHS line still seems to be the one running the most, and is logistically easiest to be used for off-hours training because of ease of access and parking, and least disturbance of Guests. The line does not pass over the resort, and I don't think it's CBR platforms are visible from outside the station. If Disney were running it with riders after park clear, I think it would go unnoticed.

And even at Pop/AoA, if the line were running overnight, it might be noticed that it was running, but I think at least 99% of Guests would not be peering around the wall to see what was going on in the station.

You realize how close these go to resort buildings, right? Someone would have seen it and reported it.
Not closely at all.

You're assuming that some non-CM:
  1. Would be around to see it;
  2. Would be interested enough to look closely at the cabins;
  3. Would be able to see riders inside a darkened cabin from outside;
  4. Would go to the trouble of tweeting about it or posting it on YouTube.
All of those could be true, but I think the odds are against it. Your typical Guest returning to their resort at 2 a.m. is most interested in getting to bed.

Not closely at all.

You're assuming that some non-CM:
  1. Would be around to see it;
  2. Would be interested enough to look closely at the cabins;
  3. Would be able to see riders inside a darkened cabin from outside;
  4. Would go to the trouble of tweeting about it or posting it on YouTube.
All of those could be true, but I think the odds are against it. Your typical Guest returning to their resort at 2 a.m. is most interested in getting to bed.
Yeah exactly. The amount of guests on here/YouTube that would notice that is probably about 1% or so of those on property. And that number probably goes down at 2AM.

For what it's worth, I saw someone two people riding in a cabin leaving DHS on 8/10 in the morning. Got excited, but looking closer, saw they were non-CM workers. Didn't think to snap a photo.

I am not sure where to put this question but since it is speculation I am going to add it here.

What would be faster to go from Boardwalk to HS? Gondola or boat? Assuming you have to wait for a boat and we don't want to walk.

I am not sure where to put this question but since it is speculation I am going to add it here.

What would be faster to go from Boardwalk to HS? Gondola or boat? Assuming you have to wait for a boat and we don't want to walk.

Unless you are waiting a ridiculous amount of time for the boat, the boat should still be quicker than the gondola. That probably won't stop me from using the Gondola to get from Epcot to HS just for fun though!

I've never taken the boat, but I understand the milk run to all the resorts it also services takes ~30 minutes.

Skyliner gondola is supposed to be <20minutes, or about the same as a brisk walk via Boardwalk.

The boat takes about 20 minutes from Boardwalk to Studios and usually run every 15 minutes. So if you arrive at the dock right after a boat leaves, it could take 35 minutes. To use the skyliner, you'd need to walk to the IG which takes 5 minutes then take the skyliner to CBR resort, which is rumoured to take 15 minutes, transfer to the DHS line, which may take 5 minutes, then ride to DHS, which should take 5 minutes. So which is faster? Hard to say.

The boat takes about 20 minutes from Boardwalk to Studios and usually run every 15 minutes. So if you arrive at the dock right after a boat leaves, it could take 35 minutes. To use the skyliner, you'd need to walk to the IG which takes 5 minutes then take the skyliner to CBR resort, which is rumoured to take 15 minutes, transfer to the DHS line, which may take 5 minutes, then ride to DHS, which should take 5 minutes. So which is faster? Hard to say.

Thanks for the info. I am sure we will do the skyliner sometime for fun but trying to figure for park opening if there was a difference.

Official Disney estimates of Skyliner from Epcot to DHS is 20 minutes, plus transfer time at CBR. Let's assume 3 minutes for transfer, plus 6 minutes to walk from BW to IG (per Google Maps), so total of 29 minutes.

I timed boat from BW to DHS at 18 minutes. Assuming boats run every 20 minutes, add average wait of 10 minutes, for a total of 28 minutes.

Looks like a wash. If you wait less than 11 minutes for a boat, the boat might be a few minutes faster. If you wait more than 11 minutes, Skyliner should be a few minutes faster.

I think there was a little sarcasm in that post, but either way it's not like these are only for hotel guests.

Have they stated this? Registered hotel guests should be the only ones to use them besides possibly someone with a reservation at a restaurant or the skyliner becomes a ride, which it is not. I thought it was a perk of staying with the hotel you chose.

Have they stated this? Registered hotel guests should be the only ones to use them besides possibly someone with a reservation at a restaurant or the skyliner becomes a ride, which it is not. I thought it was a perk of staying with the hotel you chose.
Just like a bus. Technically those are for resort guests only but everyone rides them. There will be no enforcement. Everyone will ride them as they please.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter