Disney Skyliner (Gondola Transportation System) Read Post 1 Now Open!

But 3 busloads is 180 people. the Gondola system will take that in about 5 minutes. Remember a full bus is about 60 people. If capacity is 2400 people per hour (someone above said 4000-5000 but I think that is too high), then that's the equivalent of 40 buses worth to Epcot each hour, and 40 buses worth to DHS. Yes, it's four resorts, but there's no resort that gets 10 buses an hour.

And in the morning, you may get 2-3 buses worth of people, but those people don't all show up at the bus at the same instance, they arrive over time. The gondola will scoop those people up quick. I still insist the biggest issues will be

(a) park closure, or more specifically, nighttime shows ending, when you get that massive surge of people to resorts. As it is though, people get stuck waiting an hour for a bus, and it won't be THAT bad.
(b) weather events - while the gondola could maybe run during lightning storms, I question whether Disney will actually run them. If the gondola shuts down without alternative transport, not sure what the option will be.

The 4000-5000 number came from a reliable source on another site. They indicated that 5000 is the number Disney is shooting for.

The 4000-5000 number came from a reliable source on another site. They indicated that 5000 is the number Disney is shooting for.

Maybe that number is both directions. Or includes two independent tracks, which is what's expected - with 2500 each.

5000 in one direction at 8 people per car is 10.5 cars per minute - or one every 6 seconds. That doesn't feel like a realistic number to me. 10-12 seconds per load is more likely.

though I assume that would be for all the lines, and if they have it set up with 2 main lines that run through the CBR station that would be like 2,500 per line right? So 2,500 per hour coming/going from EPCOT and 2,500 coming/going from DHS (or am I not thinking about this right?)

though I assume that would be for all the lines, and if they have it set up with 2 main lines that run through the CBR station that would be like 2,500 per line right? So 2,500 per hour coming/going from EPCOT and 2,500 coming/going from DHS (or am I not thinking about this right?)
It’s been while since I’ve been on a gondola but I remember the gondolas wowuld come and go every 10-15 seconds since several would be in the station at once loading.

But 3 busloads is 180 people. the Gondola system will take that in about 5 minutes. Remember a full bus is about 60 people. If capacity is 2400 people per hour (someone above said 4000-5000 but I think that is too high), then that's the equivalent of 40 buses worth to Epcot each hour, and 40 buses worth to DHS. Yes, it's four resorts, but there's no resort that gets 10 buses an hour.

And in the morning, you may get 2-3 buses worth of people, but those people don't all show up at the bus at the same instance, they arrive over time. The gondola will scoop those people up quick. I still insist the biggest issues will be

(a) park closure, or more specifically, nighttime shows ending, when you get that massive surge of people to resorts. As it is though, people get stuck waiting an hour for a bus, and it won't be THAT bad.
(b) weather events - while the gondola could maybe run during lightning storms, I question whether Disney will actually run them. If the gondola shuts down without alternative transport, not sure what the option will be.

Are you beginning to think, like I am, that no one actually reads the info posted here? This has been gone over and over and over before. SMH

The 5 minutes for 3 buses is a cautious estimate as max is 8 people every 8 seconds meaning 3 minutes to move 3 buses of people at max. Disney's stated numbers are 85% of max which would 51 people per minute making it 3.5 minutes to load 3 buses worth of people. It would take a full bus leaving every 70 seconds to match Disney's stated numbers.

Last edited:
Are you beginning to think, like I am, that no one actually reads the info posted here? This has been gone over and over and over before. SMH

The 5 minutes for 3 buses is a cautious estimate as max is 8 people every 8 seconds meaning 3 minutes to move 3 buses of people at max. Disney's stated numbers are 85% of max which would 51 people per minute making it 3.5 minutes to load 3 buses worth of people. It would take a full bus leaving every 70 seconds to match Disney's stated numbers.

I can guarantee you that almost no one goes back over 82 pages of posts to dig out information.

I can guarantee you that almost no one goes back over 82 pages of posts to dig out information.

That is true. We are getting to the point where Ryan needs to put up a Skyliner facts sticky that no one can post on.

Last edited:

I agree. I think the gondola will be an improvement over the buses in several ways. There won't be so much gridlock or standing around waiting at busy times. They will just move people more efficiently.

I can update the first post but I am not sure it is sticky worthy on this board.

A thread title note to read post #1 and last update date, like you've done on the project competiton dates thread, would hopefully help. I do click to post #1 when I see a new update date.

I have concept art and some permit info in the first post. What other info would we like to see there?

Another thought is trying to convey it will be the main form of transportation from those three resorts(~1/3 of on property rooms) to EP and DHS and not an ancillary ride.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter