Disney Skyliner (Gondola Transportation System) Read Post 1 Now Open!

The comparison to make is not between the temperature inside an air conditioned gondola vs the temperature of a non-air conditioned gondola. It’s being inside a non air conditioned gondola for 5-7 minutes vs sitting/standing in a bus line (that may not be shaded) for 0-20 minutes.

And lol to WDWNT who put out an article saying that their inside sources today are telling them no AC...

With tommy out in california and his minions who take photos for him at work, he had to jump on the gondola talk somehow, no matter how many months and months old his "inside" information is. People will still click and he'll gladly cash his adsense check

Great pic and wonderful to see the progress. I wonder when the rope for that segment will be hung?
(and also finally happy to see the AC debate over)

Last I heard, cables are being installed in December.

That seems reasonable, they should have all the mechanical work on the stations done by then. The last big mechanical element I can see at this point is the towers in Hourglass Lake.

Why does everyone seem so happy that these don't have AC?
I don't think it's so much that people are happy, but that they don't think it is that important for the duration of a trip and based on other similar systems used around the world.

I don't think it's so much that people are happy, but that they don't think it is that important for the duration of a trip and based on other similar systems used around the world.
I haven't researched the details or what kinds of temps these things are usually used in, and without rehashing the issue (!!), I just wonder what it'll be like when they have to stop for some reason and people are stuck in them for a while in August, let's say... looking forward to those threads... ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter