Disney Skyliner (Gondola Transportation System) Read Post 1 Now Open!

But you can't have 6 people in a room at CBR, right? So it clearly wouldn't be cheaper to have 1 room at CBR since the max capacity is 5 people. Or is one of the 6 people a baby and thus not counted as a 6th person?

I don’t know why this post made me laugh about two movie quotes:

“So I can clearly not choose the cup in front of me” - The Princess Bride

“It was one plus one plus two plus one...No, it was one plus TWO plus two plus one.” - Clue

Sorry - it made me chuckle. Carry on, normal people...

“It was one plus one plus two plus one...No, it was one plus TWO plus two plus one.” - Clue

Excellent job out of you!

I know there was chatter about a new form of transporation to take guests form Animal Kingdom Lodge to Animal Kingdom, and while a gondola is not what was discussed, I could see something over there that connects that park/resort to the All Stars and Blizard Beach and maybe
I think that's the "next most logical". I get the impression that AKL has always had a softer load level that desired (which contributed to so much of it being converted to DVC). By the same token, now that so much of it is DVC, will there really be a call to invest in an enhancement like that?

I don't know if I want the gondolas to go to the All Stars and gouge up the prices of those rooms tbh. I would be fine with them just improving the bus service there. But I would think Disney would want to focus on their more pricier resorts for gondola expansion.

Princess Bride quotes are a dime a dozen, but you get major props pulling out the Clue quote.

Princess Bride quotes are a dime a dozen, but you get major props pulling out the Clue quote.

well, based on the fears some people have about the gondolas not having A/C another quote could fit:

tenor.gif

Just watched a group of 4 uncovered make the loop from DHS to CBR and back in app 8 min.

Not sure if that makes expectations or not but .
That's 4 minutes one way. Pretty quick. Was that expected?

I believe it was expected to be around 5 minutes. I would expect Epcot to CBR to be a little longer due to the distance. Pop/AoA to CBR should also be decently quick.
Any rumored opening dates yet? Expected before Galaxy’s Edge?

Presumably, that included the turnaround time at the CBR station, based on the way @jade1 described it.

Correct, I'm not sure if the CBR was just a nonstop turn, or if they slowed to that same crawl as DHS. 8 min seemed quick, also that was from leaving the station to returning. Not any load platform time.

I believe it was expected to be around 5 minutes. I would expect Epcot to CBR to be a little longer due to the distance. Pop/AoA to CBR should also be decently quick.

Yep I think 5 min will indeed be about right, which is pretty quick regardless.

Correct, I'm not sure if the CBR was just a nonstop turn, or if they slowed to that same crawl as DHS. 8 min seemed quick, also that was from leaving the station to returning. Not any load platform time.
I haven't seen these live yet but would anticipate that each time a gondola enters the CBR station it slows and goes through the motions of unload/load just as it does at DHS. If the time to make the full circle was 8 mins I would anticipate that this included slowing while in the CBR station.

My only concern with the gondolas is the actual physical transfer time from one line to the other. I know they are continually moving but will there really be no back up of people at the main hub for each direction? Would sort of defeat the purpose if you have to wait 10-20 minutes to get on another gondola

Just saw this on Liftblog.com. I know that posters suggested this would be the case but it looks like it is confirmed now.

upload_2019-4-3_16-18-45.png

My only concern with the gondolas is the actual physical transfer time from one line to the other. I know they are continually moving but will there really be no back up of people at the main hub for each direction? Would sort of defeat the purpose if you have to wait 10-20 minutes to get on another gondola

Obviously no way to know for sure but the continual nature of them should minimize that. I do think at like park opening times there could get a bit of a back up for the DHS line as people from AoA/POP line have to merge with those at CBR and those coming from Boardwalk resorts getting on at IG. Over time that should balance out as people with equally be going to EPCOT when Guardians, etc opens but for a while I am sure more than 50% of people will be going to DHS for GE

The wildcard will be the amount of people walking up, or busing up to trinidad station.
Making an assumption that the trinidad to DHS station will run at a marginally faster speed than the other two lines in the morning, you'd have 2 lines converging to one.
I think if Disney isn't too high pressure in loading the cabins to capacity at Pop and the Riviera lines, then when they converge at Trinidad, they should have full cars going to DHS. My opinion is the transfer will only take as long as it takes you to get off the first cabin and walk around to the next loading platform. I doubt they'll let much of a line form at the transfer. They can control that line length by controlling the relative speeds of each line as they converge. I imagine it will take some time to figure it out as ridership levels stabilize, but it is certainly in their ability to control.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter