Disney Skyliner (Gondola Transportation System) Read Post 1 Now Open!

It is a very safe bet that it will be both faster with short wait times as capacity(4-5K each line in each direction) is the equivalent of a full bus departing every 75-90 seconds and it is continuously loading. Observers have timed Skyliner travel time from the CBR station to the DHS station at 4 minutes.

Kinda bummed the rides will be so short/fast/efficient, just sounds like a relaxing time with a great view of the "World". :wizard:

Kinda bummed the rides will be so short/fast/efficient, just sounds like a relaxing time with a great view of the "World". :wizard:
Not sure that they will let you stay on but hey ride it around for a bit. I know I love just sitting on the Monorail or Epcot Boats for a bit. Sure I can walk from the Dolphin to Epcot faster but I really do enjoy riding the boats to Epcot.

Does anyone think ongoing Ratatouille construction could delay the opening of the Epcot loop? I doubt Disney would think highly of the optics of carrying park guests over an active construction zone.

They could still open the DHS loop before August 29, easing pressure on the transportation system ahead of the SW:GE opening. (This would also be consistent with where most of the testing seems to be going on.)

Someone hit on something I hadn't thought of until now that is a bonus compared to bus travel around the parks.
A seat. As simple as it is, you are likely to have a seat, rather than standing through a whole bus ride.

And let me tell you, at the end of a long day at a park, that is incredibly important to me! I refuse to stand on the buses at the end of a day. I will let the people behind in me line go on ahead in my place and wait for a whole new bus every time. :) So the gondola will save me the extra wait at the bus stop from the 2 gondola parks. :)

Does anyone think ongoing Ratatouille construction could delay the opening of the Epcot loop? I doubt Disney would think highly of the optics of carrying park guests over an active construction zone.

They could still open the DHS loop before August 29, easing pressure on the transportation system ahead of the SW:GE opening. (This would also be consistent with where most of the testing seems to be going on.)

I doubt they are going to let that hold up the Epcot line. They aren't going to want that line sitting idle for another 6 months to a year until that area is presentable.

No - I think there's zero chance that they delay opening.

Disney doesn't worry so much about "show" outside the theme parks. The gondolas are outside the theme parks. You will likely see parts of backstage Epcot during the ride anyways. And they spend a lot of time transitioning parking lots and roadways.

No - I think there's zero chance that they delay opening.

Disney doesn't worry so much about "show" outside the theme parks. The gondolas are outside the theme parks. You will likely see parts of backstage Epcot during the ride anyways. And they spend a lot of time transitioning parking lots and roadways.
Agree, they don’t seem to worry about the view into Epcot from the monorail , especially during the Energy to Guardians conversion.

I really want this open by our late July trip. Already crossed off Mickey and Minnie attraction at HS.

Pure speculation, but I think there's a chance.

Once everything's up and running, landscaping/decor are done at the stations, and staff are trained, I'd think they'd want to realize the operational cost savings as soon as possible.

All the evacuation equipment needs to be ready which includes the boats. Also, people will need to be trained to evacuate before the system opens

Maybe RCFR already has the equipment to evacuate land based gondolas.

Maybe RCFR already has the equipment to evacuate land based gondolas.
Probably. Similar equipment for Monorail evacuations. However, they still need to actually practice this and perhaps they need more equipment to cover the new lines.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter