Disney Skyliner (Gondola Transportation System) Read Post 1 Now Open!

Probably. Similar equipment for Monorail evacuations. However, they still need to actually practice this and perhaps they need more equipment to cover the new lines.
Plus, they have to do something for the water portion of the route.

It will be exciting to see what this resort looks like once all of the scaffolding is down!
Agreed! And we are very interested in the new character meal there.....since they aren't taking resort reservations until mid Dec I wonder if the same will hold true for the restaurant? Our last day is Dec 15th.

going from DHS to EPCOT---we will get off and re-load at CBR?
Yes, I believe so.

going from DHS to EPCOT---we will get off and re-load at CBR?

Yes.

Boat or walking will also still be options. People are estimating around ~15 minutes by Skyliner, vs. about 20 minutes of walking at 3mph, vs. boat.

Please steer me to a thread that will possibly show an overhead photo/map of the gondola route and stops.

The only other water the gondola's go over is coming into IGW..they could either use a very large cherry picker or more than likely have a boat stationed at where they keep the fireworks barges behind the Africa area...but that wouldn't be too quick if they need to raise the bridge.

Interesting that the map on page 1 shows the station at POP/AOA as being at the end of hourglass lake without it going over water.

That is an old map from before we knew where the POP/AOA station would be. The station is off of the bridge between the two resorts.

Please steer me to a thread that will possibly show an overhead photo/map of the gondola route and stops.

here is the map that Disney has sent out with an overlay of how the station at POP/AoA looks (on this map you can see the station is marked at in the middle of the lake)

map-disney-skyliner-gondolas-106.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter