• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney Skyliner (Gondola Transportation System) Read Post 1 Now Open!

Saw this post about hiring for Skyliner CMs - may give and indication as to how early they will start running

Makes me think that if CMs are only starting at 5am with safety checks, etc not sure how early you can expect to be at DHS for those 6am openings - might be better to Uber or something if you really want to be there first

The 6am opening is only going to be a short time (relative to the employment of a full-time Cast Member). I wouldn't read too much into the times. Casting might simply be informing anyone applying that the first couple of months might have an extreme schedule.

The 6am opening is only going to be a short time (relative to the employment of a full-time Cast Member). I wouldn't read too much into the times. Casting might simply be informing anyone applying that the first couple of months might have an extreme schedule.
I believe @TheMaxRebo was indicating that the Skyliner might not be the best option to get to the park early enough for those wanting to be near the front of the line dying EEMH days. At least that’s how I interpreted his comment.

I believe @TheMaxRebo was indicating that the Skyliner might not be the best option to get to the park early enough for those wanting to be near the front of the line dying EEMH days. At least that’s how I interpreted his comment.

yes, that is what I meant - that if these hours posted are accurate than if you want to get to DHS well before the 6am opening, then the Skyliner might not get your there when you want

I think what @writerguyfl and @dina444444 before that were saying is that just because this is the hours mentioned in the posting, don't mean they are what Skyliner CMs will necessarily need to work - or at least during those first few months. They could tell people during interviews that expectations for opening team is you may need to start at 3am or something to get the Skyliner up and open by 4:30am or something

though, in my defense "reading too much into things" is sort of key to interneting ;)

Latest video

Shows new sign and landscaping at CBR station, new walkway work, and then he goes through the entire CM Hiring notice

I think it depends somewhat on your role working with the skyliners. In the ski industry, there is a bit of a start up routine and pre checks. I would assume the mechanical staff will be there several hours early. Though I don't think they'll ever be at risk of trying to chip the ice off the haul rope.

Ok, this is just wrong.

After 2 1/2 years and 406 pages of this thread, we've gone 2 whole days without a single post here.

What's up?

I've gotten so used to coming here with my popcorn and listening to folks talk about how everyone riding the gondolas is going to die and how stupid Disney is for (fill in the blank).

I'm having withdrawals!

Steve

Ok, this is just wrong.

After 2 1/2 years and 406 pages of this thread, we've gone 2 whole days without a single post here.

What's up?

I've gotten so used to coming here with my popcorn and listening to folks talk about how everyone riding the gondolas is going to die and how stupid Disney is for (fill in the blank).

I'm having withdrawals!

Steve
Not much happening unfortunately

Ok, this is just wrong.

What's up?

I'm having withdrawals!

Steve

:scratchin

I have some news for everyone that thinks the Skyliner will be too hot in the summer …. We were on Monorail Peach yesterday with No A/C. We had to "Hold for traffic" for about 10 minutes before we arrived at TTC and we survived. It didn't smell that great in there but we didn't die of heat exhaustion either.

Ok, this is just wrong.

What's up?

I'm having withdrawals!

Steve
I chalked it up to the AP SWGE preview booking, but I have freshened several times waiting for someone to post myself

Ok, this is just wrong.

What's up?

I'm having withdrawals!

Steve

Well, if you have an hour to kill here is the latest Passport to the Parks video - covering the Hourglass Lake station construction

There's almost zero chance they'll do soft openings of this thing for the SWGE AP preview time, right? We're thinking the earliest they could start allowing passengers would be about a week later for the official opening of the land? I know the official opening date is slated for the end of September.

There's almost zero chance they'll do soft openings of this thing for the SWGE AP preview time, right? We're thinking the earliest they could start allowing passengers would be about a week later for the official opening of the land? I know the official opening date is slated for the end of September.
We can only hope and pray. We are at AoA for that one night 8/21 and a Skyliner would be most convenient!

I’m sure this has been discussed but can’t find the info. Is there an estimate of how long a trip from CB to Epcot or DHS will be?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter