Disney Skyliner (Gondola Transportation System) Read Post 1 Now Open!

How does it know if you want to get off a RR?

Do you get to climb over the family with the double stroller who boarded after your party of 2 or do they stop the gondola so the person with the stroller can back out?

Why am I so stressed about this? Maybe I should just book BWV.
I would hope they wouldn't combine parties with a double stroller. The stroller would take up at least the width of 2 seats (or 4 Guests counting both benches.)

Wonder if guests at Pop and AoA will get a discount if the Skyliner isn't running. They're paying more for their rooms because of it, they should get a break if it's not working.

We’ve been at Poly/GF multiple times when the monorail went down, and Disney never offered anything besides an apology and directions to the bus stop. I doubt the Skyliner will be any different.

I left Epcot about 20 minutes ago and it was running but the line was all the way down the road that runs along the station, back up and off that road and then up the walkway towards the Beach Club/Boardwalk. End of the line was just past where that temporary ticketing booth is set up on that walkway now.

Wonder if guests at Pop and AoA will get a discount if the Skyliner isn't running. They're paying more for their rooms because of it, they should get a break if it's not working.

We’ve stayed at BLT during planned monorail outages, we were there during a time it was closed daily from something like 11 am - 7 pm. They offered us.......a bus 😂.

Last edited:
We ride gondolas somewhat regularly as we go skiing in the winter and visit Colorado in the summer. The gondolas usually come to a stop once or twice every ride. It’s annoying, to be sure, but we’ve come to accept it. Sometimes the stop is only for 30 seconds or so, and sometimes it’s for 5-10 minutes.

Regarding it being “awkward” to sit with others in the gondola, think of it like sitting next to others in an airplane.

Despite what we heard before the Skyliner opened the benches in the Gondolas do not fold down to accommodate ECV’s, wheelchairs and large strollers. All Gondolas are the same size no matter what line you’re in/on. So the large strollers will need to be folded up.
As long as the stroller fits Disney requirements (which all should) it will not need to be folded and will fit into the gondola. If it’s larger than the allowed size then it will need to be folded.
I probably wouldn't ride if I couldn't get a gondola for just me and my companions. Being stuck in a small box for a long time with a bunch of strangers is a no-go for me. I'll take the bus if they don't let you get a gondola for just you and your group.
If this bakes you uncomfortable,I would go prepared to ride the buses during park opening and close. It might be easier to have a gondola for your travel party in non-peak times but during busy times they are mixing parties together for sure.

I've been thinking about ECV loops for the Riviera. Because the cable arrives and leaves in both directions there has to be two loops. Two custom loops, which makes it a large additional cost. All the other stations are at the and of a line, the design of their ECV loops are all the same. Also the Riviera ECV loops have to be off to the side of the cable instead of just extending off the end which is a clean design. Also on both sides there needs to be an unloading area, ECV unloading, ECV loading, and normal loading. The station itself would have to be quite a bit longer, and a lot more complicated. It was a cost issue, possibly a bigger one than you imagine.

Regarding stupid people, the solution there would be an abattoir line. They will get in it because it's the shortest. You may overhear some funny discussions about what an abattoir is.

Last edited:
As long as the stroller fits Disney requirements (which all should) it will not need to be folded and will fit into the gondola. If it’s larger than the allowed size then it will need to be folded.
Have you seen actual reports of people being able to take their stroller on unfolded? So far I’ve only seen reports of people having to fold their stroller to load despite what we heard and saw in the promo videos. Hoping this is not the norm. 😕

Regarding stupid people, the solution there would be an abattoir line. They will get in it because it's the shortest. You may overhear some funny discussions about what an abattoir is.
Disney: Did you say 'knives'?
Doppelmayr Architect: Rotating knives, yes.
Disney: Do I take it that you are proposing to slaughter our guests?
Doppelmayr Architect: Does that not fit in with your plans?
Disney: Not really. We asked for a simple skyway addition.
Doppelmayr Architect: Oh. I hadn't fully divined your attitude towards the guests. You see I mainly design slaughter houses.
Disney: Ah.
Doppelmayr Architect: Pity.
Disney: Yes.

(Sorry. I'm a nerd.)

Disney: Did you say 'knives'?
Doppelmayr Architect: Rotating knives, yes.
Disney: Do I take it that you are proposing to slaughter our guests?
Doppelmayr Architect: Does that not fit in with your plans?
Disney: Not really. We asked for a simple skyway addition.
Doppelmayr Architect: Oh. I hadn't fully divined your attitude towards the guests. You see I mainly design slaughter houses.
Disney: Ah.
Doppelmayr Architect: Pity.
Disney: Yes.

(Sorry. I'm a nerd.)

No, you're someone who admires fine comedy. Monty Python is why I even know what an abattoir is. :-) And lupins...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter