Disney Skyliner (Gondola Transportation System) Read Post 1 Now Open!

I cannot for the life of me remember if I posted this since I’ve been here. but here’s what the bus stop signs say. After a few seconds a time pops up. It makes me assume they’re sending less eventually.

Did you notice if anyone was in either the DHS or Epcot bus line when you took that picture? Haven't heard that they have stopped the buses completely but this update is interesting in that the boards say to take the Skyliner.

I cannot for the life of me remember if I posted this since I’ve been here. but here’s what the bus stop signs say. After a few seconds a time pops up. It makes me assume they’re sending less eventually.
Are you saying that image of the Skyliner, below the Epcot and DHS label, switches back-and-forth to the bus arrival time?

Just remembered to post this. We left DHS on Tuesday afternoon and I noticed a Frozen bus pulling out at the same time. We got to the CBR station 5 minutes later and waited for the internal bus outside the station. Five minutes later, the Frozen bus pulled in. Do bus vs. Skyliner races should be interesting.

Did you notice if anyone was in either the DHS or Epcot bus line when you took that picture? Haven't heard that they have stopped the buses completely but this update is interesting in that the boards say to take the Skyliner.
I don’t remember but I’m sure there were...there’s always someone at one of the POP bus stops lol.

I was watching her closely too... was really, really hoping to see her roll it right into the gondola!

Me too! One of her kids was sound asleep, so I imagine if she could have wheeled it on she would have chosen to do so. She has the same stroller we usually use, which fits Disney guidelines. But maybe CMs are asking people to fold them during busier times. Which is a negative for families with small children.

Me too! One of her kids was sound asleep, so I imagine if she could have wheeled it on she would have chosen to do so. She has the same stroller we usually use, which fits Disney guidelines. But maybe CMs are asking people to fold them during busier times. Which is a negative for families with small children.
That's what I figured. They probably asked them to fold it up so they could fit more people in due to the line. When less busy they'd probably get the whole thing to themselves and not have to worry about the stroller.

That's what I figured. They probably asked them to fold it up so they could fit more people in due to the line. When less busy they'd probably get the whole thing to themselves and not have to worry about the stroller.
A stroller counts as a “person” since it takes up space in the gondola. A stroller is allowed to stay unfolded if it is within the requirements. Larger strollers need to be folded.

A medium sized stroller can cut the gondola capacity to 6 or even 5 others. Given the limited time to board the gondola and get settled, with more people in the gondola someone is sure to be stumbling over the stroller to sit down in the far corner.

A stroller counts as a “person” since it takes up space in the gondola. A stroller is allowed to stay unfolded if it is within the requirements. Larger strollers need to be folded.
As someone with a double that meets the requirements, I was just really hoping to see/hear confirmation from someone who has done it that you can bring a double on unfolded! I was hoping that video was going to be that confirmation! If they have to be folded, it’s actually probably easier to just take the bus from Pop than have to deal with the transfer. Outside of the “ride” aspect, there’s no advantage IMO as long as the bus service is continuing...and I lose the main convincing point for the height adverse members of my group! Still holding out hope, but coming to the reality that we will probably just be taking the bus.

As someone with a double that meets the requirements, I was just really hoping to see/hear confirmation from someone who has done it that you can bring a double on unfolded! I was hoping that video was going to be that confirmation! If they have to be folded, it’s actually probably easier to just take the bus from Pop than have to deal with the transfer. Outside of the “ride” aspect, there’s no advantage IMO as long as the bus service is continuing...and I lose the main convincing point for the height adverse members of my group! Still holding out hope, but coming to the reality that we will probably just be taking the bus.
Why wouldn't it be more convenient. In most cases it's faster.

Why wouldn't it be more convenient. In most cases it's faster.
Double strollers are great...when they are unfolded! 😝 Having to deal with either unfolding and folding them twice or carrying it folded through CBR while keeping two excited little ones from trying to run ahead just seems super unpleasant. Not sure how much time savings there would actually would be once you’re dealing with all that. On the bus you go through the process once and don’t have to walk somewhere to do it again. But I’ve also have had really good experiences with the buses and we don’t stay until closing, so maybe I would feel differently if I was waiting at the end of the night. But for me, the major benefit of the skyliner wasn’t the time savings (although that certainly was something I thought would be fantastic) it was the NOT having to fold the stroller, NOT having to remove a sleeping kid and NOT having to unload any of the random things we had collected in it throughout the day!!

Because you stand in only one line and get on once and off once.
Double strollers are great...when they are unfolded! 😝 Having to deal with either unfolding and folding them twice or carrying it folded through CBR while keeping two excited little ones from trying to run ahead just seems super unpleasant. Not sure how much time savings there would actually would be once you’re dealing with all that. On the bus you go through the process once and don’t have to walk somewhere to do it again. But I’ve also have had really good experiences with the buses and we don’t stay until closing, so maybe I would feel differently if I was waiting at the end of the night. But for me, the major benefit of the skyliner wasn’t the time savings (although that certainly was something I thought would be fantastic) it was the NOT having to fold the stroller, NOT having to remove a sleeping kid and NOT having to unload any of the random things we had collected in it throughout the day!!
I suppose. I guess if I was using one it wouldn’t bother me too much. I’m not a fan of larger strollers anyways. Whenever my family went to Disney with a stroller we took a small compact easy to travel one.

There’s a “Skyliner Now Open” standee by the bus stops at AoA, but the buses are definitely still rolling for now. Hollywood’s still the second platform too, then Epcot, with Animal Kingdom farther away from the main building.

If they ever do curtail bus service I’d expect the AK and DS/TL bus stops to move closer.

How it works when busy...
At IG station about 4pm today, cm was telling a Guest that all double strollers had to be folded. There was virtually no line.
I noticed in PTP’s video the stroller lady (w/ the polka dot backpack) paused when she got near the front of the line to fold the stroller & it seemed that the CM directed more people from the other line to board while her group dealt w/ their stroller. I can’t be sure, because Rob moved his camera around a bit. If so, the 2 line loading seems to increase efficiency.

Somewhere in one of the streams he or someone else mentioned the 2 line system, 1 line is for 3 or more and the second is for 2 or less..so basically a single rider line to help load up the cabins to capacity.

Somewhere in one of the streams he or someone else mentioned the 2 line system, 1 line is for 3 or more and the second is for 2 or less..so basically a single rider line to help load up the cabins to capacity.

When we left from Epcot on Sunday there was no rhyme or reason to the two lines (no signs, no CM telling you where to go), you just picked one.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter