Disney Skyliner (Gondola Transportation System) Read Post 1 Now Open!

If the temps are too cold, you can close the vents on the gondolas, and if it is too warm, make sure they are open.

Wait, you can mess with the vents? I've been on it a few times, and the times I really wish they were open it was closed which made it slightly stuffy in there

Wait, you can mess with the vents? I've been on it a few times, and the times I really wish they were open it was closed which made it slightly stuffy in there
My husband opened the upper vents on both sides of the car every time we rode solo. When we were with another party, he first asked. The ventilation was really nice even when temps weren't too high.

We couldn’t get them open on our NYE trip, tried all the way from CBR to Epcot. The line stopped 10 mins while we were on it. Uncomfortably hot. 2/6 of us got nauseous. I told the CM when we arrived, she jumped and started banging at the handle 🙄

For those of you waxing poetic about the Skyliner, how often and for how long were you stopped?

Quite a bit of sway during this afternoon's 20-30 mph wind gusts. I liked it.

I travel with a mobility scooter (ecv in Disneyspeak). I've noticed cm's pushing the doors closed on cabins that arrive ahead of mine at the Epcot station and at CBR arriving from Epcot. I asked, and they confirmed that this is SOP on the Epcot line to reserve space for Guests boarding at Riviera. I was told that they're supposed to close the doors on the cabin before each wheelchair cabin, and sometimes they will also close the doors on the one after the wheelchair cabin if there are lots of Guests waiting at Riviera.

I've also asked cm's why the Pop & Studios lines don't open early enough for Guests to get to DHS in time to snag a ROTR BG. They said they thought it was because of overnight maintenance requirements.

For those of you waxing poetic about the Skyliner, how often and for how long were you stopped?

My limited experience only - I stayed at Pop and made the trip to or from Studios I believe 6 times during my trip (I practically lived at Studios). Never a hiccup, don't think we even had a pause.

I made the trip back and forth to Epcot once. Not a real stop, but both ways there were times (more than once) where we slowed to an absolute inch-by-inch crawl. I assumed it had to do with boarding issues at Riviera. (ETA This was all on the CBR-Epcot line.)

Limited experience, and I'm sure I was lucky.

I think I've logged at least a few hours riding by now. Every time I go to DHS, I try to do a RT to Epcot and back. Yesterday I started at DHS and rode the bus to AK, then rode the bus to BC so I could sample some F&G dishes at Epcot, and then I had planned to ride the Skyliner to DHS; but I so enjoyed the gently swaying ride and the beauty of the cloudy sky with sunset approaching that I went to Pop instead, and then returned all the way to Epcot before riding back to DHS.

So I've experienced maybe 2 or 3 stops that were between 30 seconds & 2 minutes. I think the DHS line stopped for about 5 minutes once while I was waiting to board. What they do far more often, especially on the Epcot line, is slow it -- sometimes to half speed, sometimes to "creep" mode where you can barely see it moving. These slowdowns usually last a few seconds to perhaps around 30 seconds, and I've experience anywhere from 1 to a half dozen slowdowns or stops of a few seconds on a trip.

Having ridden about a dozen times, starting right when gondolas were reopened after the initial mishap, I can say that we have never been uncomfortable and have been stopped two or three times for no more than two or three minutes. We love it. Greatest way to get from HS Park to Epcot and back.

I love the gondolas. They are incredibly comfortable and peaceful and they're easily my favorite form of transportation on Disney property. I try to ride them as often as I can while I'm there. And I was stuck on it during the 3-hour stop during its opening week, so I've experienced the system at its worst and I still love it.

The DHS line is closed today. They started calling buses to take guests from the main hub at CBR to DHS, but they didn’t tell the guests it wasn’t working until after 7:30, and the first bus did t come until about 7:46.
Inexcusable.

The DHS line is closed today. They started calling buses to take guests from the main hub at CBR to DHS, but they didn’t tell the guests it wasn’t working until after 7:30, and the first bus did t come until about 7:46.

maybe they were trying to get it working and thought they could get it open by 7:30 (which is pretty standard opening) but then realized they couldn't?

As much of a fan of the Skyliner as I am and how great it was to use on our last trip, I really don't get why they don't open it earlier if they are going to keep with the 8am openings at DHS

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter