"Disney slams New Jersey"

KNWVIKING

DIS Veteran
Watching CBS tonite, there was an "Eyewitness News" ticker teaser that stated "Disney slams New Jersey". Anybody have any info ???

Apparently in the Lion King 1 1/2 "Who wants to be king of the jungle" game, Meredith is xplaining the rules to Timon, who says "I Get it! I'm not from Jersey!" and our (esteemed :( ) governor McGreevey took offense to it.

If anything he's reinforcing the stereotype of stupid New Jerseyan by not realizing that this was a joke recorded by Nathan Lane who is from JERSEY CITY, NJ, and whose mother retired in MONROE, NJ until she passed away.

Talk about your stupid New Jerseyans. First they vote for Lautenberg, now this!! I'm almost ashamed to be from here! :-D

***"First they vote for Lautenberg, now this!!"***

Ah yes....... the infamous " let's ignore what the law says" election. Well, hopefully and God willing in a few years I'll be eligible for a Fl res AP.

I’m not sure the Nathan Lane angle isn’t more coincidence than design. But regardless, it’s remarkable that the Governor of NJ found this line in the movie important enough to make it an issue. I mean doesn’t McGreevey have enough problems with that state than worry about a one-liner muttered by an animated jungle animal? I can just see his future campaign commercials now. All those attack ads against Timon. A grainy, black & white video of Timon catching a smoke behind a tree when he’s supposed to be working. Statistical research showing the decrease of rainforest vegetation since Timon took residence in the jungle. And a silhouette testimonial from a former disgruntled tree monkey who Timon allegedly stole a banana from back in college. Way to go McGreevey. You’ve single-handedly used the media to create a conflict with an animated movie character. Nice to see you choose your battles. The funniest thing is that most people wouldn’t have thought twice about the NJ reference, may not have even remembered, or wouldn’t have seen it at all had McGreevey not made it the platform for his stay in office. But now he’s taken the gloves off, local news stations run tickers teasing the confrontation, and people across the country are now talking, in not-so-glowing terms, about the residents of New Jersey. McGreevey’s done more harm to the NJ residents’ reputation than that mean, old bully Timon did has. Way to go Governor!

Is there any question as to why DW and I moved to Fiorida from NJ ? Hey, how about a no holds barred, knock down drag out brawl between Ei$ner and McGreedy. Hopefully, there will be no survivors! :eek: :p

Don't even get me started on that morass of a governor running NJ.

Okay I dont like the Govenor either but at least he tried to stick up for us. We are always trampled on by other states with NY being the worst offender

You do realize he's fighting with an animated jungle animal, don't you? This won't change anyone's negative opinions about NJ residents, only re-inforce them if anything.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter