Disney Springs and Busses

We always like visiting Disney Springs/Downtown Disney. It's a nice change of pace to our trip.

At the very least, you should make your way over there just to see how much it's changed. It truly is amazing.

The bus did take a while, I'll admit. It was especially frustrating to see buses pulling up to empty stops while we waited. But we had no place to be - we always plan our DS days on slow days when we go to the parks at night or skip all together.

I totally agree with all of this! We visited Disney Springs after spending the morning at the Animal Kingdom, and I hated where the bus stop is placed. It was hot and being tired out it felt like it was miles and miles to the bus stop at Disney Springs. I really wish they had kept the drop off point by the marketplace too.

But, suppose you're not going to The Marketplace. I know that's where all the Disney stuff is, but what if your destination is The West Side? Then the Marketplace bus loop was even more inconvenient. A lot more! It is now located in the middle of everything, so for Marketplace, turn right, West Side turn left. Yeah, you have to suffer through the Town Center (yeah, I agree, it's not that great; pretty though), but it just makes more sense. The only solution would be to have them do two stops, but that'd take even longer than walking it.

Amusing suggestion. But my next trip will include 4 adults and 2 preschoolers. Uber is not really in our cards.

If you do take the bus to DS, and then want to only go to the Marketplace, then you could take the boat from the Landing to the Marketplace and then work your way back to the buses. It really is not too long of a walk, but can feel like it at times if you are headed to a specific store in Marketplace.

This is something I had not considered. It is not really myself or DH I am worried about walking (or my adult friends, though I want to make sure they have a good time), it's the two little ones who may already be tired and hungry late in the day.

Well, it seems most people aren't that annoyed by the new arrangement. I suppose we'll make the trip - especially if the drone show comes bck.

Personally, I liked DTD best when there were 3 stops, and busses to and from all the parks (yes, I am old). And the Adventurer's Club. And the Comedy Warehouse. And a not-dying Disneyquest. Ah, well.

Amusing suggestion. But my next trip will include 4 adults and 2 preschoolers. Uber is not really in our cards.

This is something I had not considered. It is not really myself or DH I am worried about walking (or my adult friends, though I want to make sure they have a good time), it's the two little ones who may already be tired and hungry late in the day.

Well, it seems most people aren't that annoyed by the new arrangement. I suppose we'll make the trip - especially if the drone show comes bck.

Personally, I liked DTD best when there were 3 stops, and busses to and from all the parks (yes, I am old). And the Adventurer's Club. And the Comedy Warehouse. And a not-dying Disneyquest. Ah, well.
We were a group of 5 adults & 1 toddler, we took Uber plenty of times. Just be aware that Uber picks up & drops off by Cirque

I use Uber around the parks all the time. You can request a vehicle large enough to meet your party's needs.

We went to the new Disney Springs for the first time last week, once after leaving DHS for drinks and dinner and once for lunch, a matinee movie and to walk around a bit. We felt like the buses came more regularly than they used to during the Downtown Disney days. I am not a shopper so I agree that the "mall" stores did not appeal to me, but it was still a very pleasant place to walk around, and there were a few more unusual stores (to us at least) even in the new area. We didn't find the bus location to be too inconvenient, and it did not take too long to get around the whole place even though it looks really big on the map. The food we had was definitely worthwhile--cocktails at Jock's were good and the place was fun, and we all loved our food at Homecoming. Before the movie we had lunch at an outdoor table at Splitsville, because my DH had eaten there previously and liked it, and the food was really good and the people watching was great. The AMC dine in theaters were also really nice. For us the trip was definitely worth it. I will say that, since we had never tried to do it before, we did not actually know that you couldn't go from Disney Springs to the parks. We were going to MK, and the CM's at the bus loop were very helpful in suggesting that we take the bus to the Contemporary and then the walking path for the fastest option.

But, suppose you're not going to The Marketplace. I know that's where all the Disney stuff is, but what if your destination is The West Side? Then the Marketplace bus loop was even more inconvenient. A lot more! It is now located in the middle of everything, so for Marketplace, turn right, West Side turn left. Yeah, you have to suffer through the Town Center (yeah, I agree, it's not that great; pretty though), but it just makes more sense. The only solution would be to have them do two stops, but that'd take even longer than walking it.

When they used to do 2 stops it was great. It is a shame they decided one supposedly central stop was the way to go.

We visited Disney Springs just last Friday Night, probably not the BEST idea, the place was JUMPING! I hadn't been there for 4 years and found it quite overwhelming. There are so many new areas jutting out as opposed to the curvy walkway that used to go from one end to the other. The bus stop is HUGE like Magic Kingdom huge, and yes, if you are staying at the values it is a long walk to the bus, but that really is no different than the parks so it was what I expected.

It was really beautiful, and I wish that we had left earlier than close to sunset because I think I would have enjoyed it more. Once it got dark, I really had a hard time finding things because the bus stop location and the overall layout is SO different and it was VERY crowded. All good things, but not really my style. I am a little confused by the whole upscale shopping concept because it does not really fit the "Disney" theme for me, and I live very close to a mall with all of the swanky stores that are there, so it has no shopping appeal to me - it is beautiful to visit, but I don't think I would make the trip out there unless it was something the family wanted to do - which isn't likely.

Family of 4 at BWV in Jan/Feb.....DD(50) and I bused over there on a Friday...ugh! why dont i obey my rule.....No DS on a wk end.....wall to wall people in and out of the stores.. I couldnt remember where we were dropped off..Got a map and figured it out....left about 3pm long wait for a bus...over 45 min...I think the place is all grand ...will i shop there maybe not much tho....Later in the week DH and I went to see Star Wars and then to Jock;s Hangar Bar for sandwiches..we had been there last year for a drink Love the atmosphere...so fun....
Also have eaten at Boathouse and Morimoto....both great...I like to walk over to DS when we stay at SSR......the Congress section.......

I find it amusing that people will walk 8-10 miles in a Disney Park each day but are upset they have an extra 200-300 yards to walk at Disney Springs because of the new bus depot!

After I have walked 8-10 miles doing fun things in parks all day - the purpose of my vacation - yes, I do not like walking an extra 200-300 yards for the priviledge of upscale shopping. I really don't like running those extra 200-300 yards beause the Disney bus system has screwed me over and I'm running late for an ADR. Since this happened at least twice on my last trip, I'd like to avoid doing it again.

Personally, I find it amusing that people spend thousands of dollars and travel thousands of miles, and then go to Anthropologie.

So somebody mentioned the busses don't head to DS from the parks until 4pm, is that accurate? I have a half day planned at HS and was going to head to DS around 2 pm, what would be my best route using Disney transportation?

So somebody mentioned the busses don't head to DS from the parks until 4pm, is that accurate? I have a half day planned at HS and was going to head to DS around 2 pm, what would be my best route using Disney transportation?
Yes.

From DHS either walk to BWI and catch a DS bus there or catch a POP or AoA bus at DHS and catch a DS bus at POP or AoA or take a SSR bus at DHS and walk fron SSR to DS.:)

After I have walked 8-10 miles doing fun things in parks all day - the purpose of my vacation - yes, I do not like walking an extra 200-300 yards for the priviledge of upscale shopping. I really don't like running those extra 200-300 yards beause the Disney bus system has screwed me over and I'm running late for an ADR. Since this happened at least twice on my last trip, I'd like to avoid doing it again.

Personally, I find it amusing that people spend thousands of dollars and travel thousands of miles, and then go to Anthropologie.

I mean, for some... stores like Anthropologie or Uniqlo don't exist whether they live or its cheaper to purchase clothing here than back home in their native countries. I'd also recommend to anyone who has an issue with the bus to take an Uber, Taxi or Lyft, its cheap & quick. We did it often for trips to Disney Springs.

Guilty... I was in London last week and went to Selfridge's as we do not have one in Texas and I walked well over a few hundred yards to get there... Oh my, now that I think about it I went to the theater as well and we have productions here all the time!

Can someone explain the water park buses from resorts ( POFQ..still goes there?)
And what about mini golf ( from POFQ)
Tia
(I know boat to DS from POFQ!)

Anyone??

Last edited:
I find it amusing that people will walk 8-10 miles in a Disney Park each day but are upset they have an extra 200-300 yards to walk at Disney Springs because of the new bus depot!

Be amused. After walking all morning at the Animal Kingdom, finding no place to eat at Disney Springs without an awful wait, the last think I wanted was a hike to the bus stop. I was hungry, hot, tired, and limping. I'm glad that you find that amusing.

I'm looking at this from the perspective of planning my next trip(s). I'm wondering if there's any reason to visit DS at all, anymore.
to me this is totally dependent on you. If you enjoyed DTD (after PI closed) you'll still find all the same things. The bus loop is centralized, I think that is the same walking distance to Marketplace as it is to the West Side

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter