Disney Springs and Open Table

Farro

Argh.
I think Open Table is going to be a life-saver for us this trip.

I just checked and I can get a reservation for 2 of us at Boathouse tonight!!! (obviously didn't end up making one as I'm here in Chicago ;) )

We are doing this trip so different - making a few ADRs for must haves and then playing it by ear the other nights, planning on utilizing lounges and open table for dinner.

Do you find restaurants are available through open table day before/day of? Mostly talking about Disney Springs....

Open Table is amazing. Although to be honest, i've had a lot of luck with 'hard to get' ADRs using the disney app as well. A lot of people cancel the night before to avoid late fee's. I've even had luck the day of.

thanks!

For fun I just tried to see if I could book Boathouse for the same time tonight through Disney dining and there are no reservations at all!!!

We are huge open table fans too. We've gotten reservations at Raglan Road and Boathouse day of with no problem. We rarely make reservations and use either Open Table or the regular ADR system to book things last minute. Its a great option and as long as you are flexible on when and where to eat, we are rarely disappointed.

Tons of Open Table availability and I find the spots in Disney Springs are much more equipped and ready for walk-ups. They won’t look at you like you have 6 heads if you ask about the wait for a table. Plus virtually all have bars/lounges that are walk-up only. Thurs, Fri and Sat nights do get pretty busy.

We always use Open Table when it's available vs MDE. Primary reason being no cancellation fee, but the availability is typically much better too.

We always use Opentable when making reservations at Disney Springs.....its all about the points...lol

I'm getting the error message that you have to book at least 1 day in advance for Boathouse & Morimoto. Any way around that using MDE app? We'll be looking for a ressie on a Wed night late Aug but want to be sure plane not delayed before booking.

I'm getting the error message that you have to book at least 1 day in advance for Boathouse & Morimoto. Any way around that using MDE app? We'll be looking for a ressie on a Wed night late Aug but want to be sure plane not delayed before booking.
Is the error message on Opentable? I've booked as little as an hour in advance at Boathouse using Opentable. And you can cancel with no cancellation penalty. I'm just wondering - for the people who continue to book on MDE instead of using Opentable - what is the reason?

Is the error message on Opentable? I've booked as little as an hour in advance at Boathouse using Opentable. And you can cancel with no cancellation penalty. I'm just wondering - for the people who continue to book on MDE instead of using Opentable - what is the reason?

I'm sure most people don't even know it's an option. I assumed Boathouse - all the Disney Springs restaurants actually - is a WDW restaurant, therefore only bookable by MDE.

Wasn't until I read here that Open Table was an option.

I'm sure most people don't even know it's an option. I assumed Boathouse - all the Disney Springs restaurants actually - is a WDW restaurant, therefore only bookable by MDE.

Wasn't until I read here that Open Table was an option.
Not ALL DS restaurants participate in Open Table.

I think Open Table is going to be a life-saver for us this trip.

I just checked and I can get a reservation for 2 of us at Boathouse tonight!!! (obviously didn't end up making one as I'm here in Chicago ;) )

We are doing this trip so different - making a few ADRs for must haves and then playing it by ear the other nights, planning on utilizing lounges and open table for dinner.

Do you find restaurants are available through open table day before/day of? Mostly talking about Disney Springs....
Open table is a game changer for us and has made our last 2 trips so much more relaxing. We leave tomorrow for a 11 day trip and have only made 2 ADRs; everything else will be day of reservations or walk ups to mostly Disney Springs.

The other advantage is that I don't have to build a trip around ADRS, wait for the FPs to come out and then reshuffle meals.
Now I make FPs the moment they are available and book most of the dining reservations after. Thing of beauty.

thanks!

For fun I just tried to see if I could book Boathouse for the same time tonight through Disney dining and there are no reservations at all!!!
We were able to get 2 lunch reservations and 1 dinner at Boathouse through Opentable on our last two trips. We booked them same day and 1 of the lunches was within an hour.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter