Disney Springs Hotels and EMH etc- change your plans?

It won't change anything for us as we prefer the WDW resorts even without the extras. We've had 4, week long resort only stays which we thoroughly enjoyed. And I know we're weird, but we actually like and look forward to the whole WDW transportation system. Using it is like another attraction to us, yes even the buses.

SO WEIRD! :eek: No way I could be that close to the parks and not go! They call my name!

DH LOVED Bonnet Creek and we agreed if we could find that away from the temptation of the parks :thumbsup2 it would be a destination. Actually when he goes, and we stay there ... he gets left behind a couple days, usually with a kid.

I get the bus thing. DS, who is disabled, for many years could not get on the buses due to panic attacks (long story) so we drove everywhere. Now he is managing better and if I say we are going to WDW, the first thing he says and gets excited about is "Disney bus". (basically non-verbal so that's a sentence) Even if we are staying offsite we try to treat him to a bus ride at least once.

SO WEIRD! :eek: No way I could be that close to the parks and not go! They call my name!

I understand a resort only trip is not for everyone, but we really do love them. With so much to do outside the parks, we find we actually have time to experience them.

I get the bus thing. DS, who is disabled, for many years could not get on the buses due to panic attacks (long story) so we drove everywhere. Now he is managing better and if I say we are going to WDW, the first thing he says and gets excited about is "Disney bus". (basically non-verbal so that's a sentence) Even if we are staying offsite we try to treat him to a bus ride at least once.

Yeah, when our son was between 4 and 6 he would not be happy when our bus would pull up to a park entrance and we had to get off. Had many a comment of "poor kid, can't believe you guys are making him go to Magic Kingdom." :rotfl2:

He's 16 now and still loves them.

Not for us. We will only go to Disney if we are staying on-site. And then within that parameter we have more specific parameters! :)

I would miss Disney transportation too. I love parking my car and not seeing it again until we go home. I am truly in a bubble. I don't even check the news which I usually check daily.

I guess I must be weird too bc I love the busses too. I love the exciting music on the way to the park and the relaxing music on the way back to your resort. I look forward to the cool AC in the summer and the warm seats in the back in the winter. I know. Weird.::yes::

I suppose it wont CHANGE anything but we are already booked at the Doubletree for an early March stay. It was a nice perk to have the EHM and 60 day window.

This trip is kind of a boondoggle in that hubby has a conf at the Gaylord and DS and I are flying on points.

Hubby had enough Hilton points to pay for some nights and we had already booked when the info came out. We are paying OOP for three of them plus we booked our tickets and got the Quick Service Discounted Dining Card thing. Our Disney TA was awesome and set up a Mears Transport from MCO to the Doubletree. We may have to change rooms when we go onto the comp/points nights. Hopefully his status will prevent that but we can cope if we do.

We wont rent a car but we will likely use Uber or Lyft if time is tight. We are bookending a conference he has so we move over to the Gaylord later in the trip and I will definitely use Uber to get over to WDW while he is working and I am flying solo and will add on days at the ticket window when I decide if I need two or three more park days.

It's a good set up for us to have the two room suite since the first four days our adult son will be with us so having separate sleeping areas is nice and I had no issues linking my ressie in the MDE and booking some fast passes at 60 days. That was a nice perk. I'm not sure we will use all of the EMH but with 8 days I can take it slow some times and take my time.

Long story short it wont make us change but it made me feel better about my choice.

It won't change anything for us as we prefer the WDW resorts even without the extras. We've had 4, week long resort only stays which we thoroughly enjoyed. And I know we're weird, but we actually like and look forward to the whole WDW transportation system. Using it is like another attraction to us, yes even the buses.

This is us as well as we love the buses, monorail and boats. For us, it's all part of the Disney experience :).

I would miss Disney transportation too.

I am truly in a bubble. I don't even check the news which I usually check daily.

I guess I must be weird too bc I love the busses too. I love the exciting music on the way to the park and the relaxing music on the way back to your resort. I look forward to the cool AC in the summer and the warm seats in the back in the winter. I know. Weird.::yes::

Me too :goodvibes.

The EMH and FP made me think about the DS hotels, but what pushed me offsite was the new 'security' policy of barging into rooms. Saw a link in the recent mousesavers newsletter and went with it!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter