• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney Springs worth it?

Is Disney Springs worth time away from the parks?

• Yes

Votes: 37 37.4%
  • No

Votes: 23 23.2%
  • Depends on how important dining and shopping are to you

Votes: 43 43.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I voted no, but all that said on my next mini budget three day trip, we have one no park day to visit the Titanic attraction and have dinner with Orlando relatives. In between those two activities we will hit Disney Springs and also our resort swimming pool. I'm guessing we'll only be at Disney Spring for maybe an hour and 1/2 or so and just walk around. I'm not a shopper or a browser, but DS 23 may like to look around some of the stores and we'll have a little time to kill.

Last edited:

It was not worth stopping for us on our trip which was 10 days. Although I really wanted a cupcake from Sprinkles. Luckily I had two lunch dates at Be Our Guest and The Masters cupcake was a perfect substitution. :) I live in an area that has tons of beautiful upscale places to shop. I'll spend my time trying on clothes at home.

I did hit both water parks though. Both completely worth it for me. We also left the parks everyday at around 1 to take a nap. Naps, also worth leaving the parks for ;)

Our favorite resort is SSR. We always stay at Congress Park so Disney Springs is very close for us. We go there a lot as it is just a couple of minutes away. I love having all the dining and entertainment options available just outside our unit.

I think Disney Springs has far more to offer than the Boardwalk. I probably would not drive to either Disney Springs or the Boardwalk - but both are convenient for those staying nearby.

I like to visit Earl. Oregon doesn't have one, and sadly neither does Disneyland. The shops are neat and downtown disney in California is a shell of its former self at this point, so yes DS is worth a visit but not as a substitute for park time.

We have a love hate relationship with DS but I voted yes. In the daytime it's hot and I get bored really quick. At night there is so much more to do with the performers and live music. We are going twice this upcoming trip. Both times for dinner but then we will walk around and enjoy the atmosphere. Both nights are on MNSSHP nights.

If you are not doing a park there could be no better way then to do a meal at Art Smith's!!! Sunday/Sat late morning brunch they have regular menu as well best grits I have ever had. Dinner, Chicken and Donuts to die for, Portion is always large enough for my 20 year old daughter and I to share. Though the chicken sliders are great as well. Do Art Smiths's!!!

We had our first night's dinner at Frontera Cochina. That was a great experience. However, I couldn't wait to leave when we were done with dinner. I wouldn't buy from any of those higher end stores anyway, so I don't buy from them on vacation when money is tight. We did The Void before dinner and that was amazing. I wish there were more venues for fun and less shopping.

I'm spending the week at Disney World and have a 6 day hopper ticket. Is taking time away from the parks and hanging out at Disney Springs worth it? Thanks and let the debate begin!

Worth it? So subjective!! It used to be really worth it to us. Now, we may, or may not spend a couple hours there. They've made it into a high class mall which is 'not' what I go to Disney for!

Now, we go to World of Disney (won't go again until construction is done there) and also DH likes his 'fix' of a Earl of Sandwich, but other than crossing the bridge and walking around a bit, we don't spend much time there.

Didn't go at all this past trip.

My definite answer to this question is, It depends:

We like to visit Disney Springs on our first or last day (travel days, when we're not using a ticket). And if we're doing a whole week, we always plan a mid-week "break day" when we sleep in and relax; that's a good day to go to Disney Springs. On the other hand, if we were at Disney for a short 2-3 day trip, we would stick to the parks.

We like to go to the big Disney Store (though we rarely ever buy anything), and next time we go I want to try Splitsville.

There's only 1 time of year I'd say definitely go just for an hour or two to stroll thru - the winter holidays. Beautifully decorated and really gets you in the spirit - especially the christmas tree trail. We really enjoy that - especially since the osbourne lights closed a few years back.

Otherwise, I was one of the ones who voted #3 - all depends upon how much you like to shop/dine.

If you rarely get to visit Disney parks, then you might naturally want to make park time a higher priority. If you visit often, I think Disney Springs is a great way to expand your Disney experience. Then again, I like touring the various resorts as well and enjoying the Disney theming -- which is not everyone's idea of fun.

Another factor: it's exciting to try a variety of dining at WDW, and Disney Springs has a lot of great options. Also, I'm not a big shopping mall person in my day-to-day life, so when I'm on vacation I don't mind visiting some stores and getting myself a pair of shoes or a new shirt that doesn't necessarily have Mickey Mouse printed all over it.

Also, Disney Springs is best during those times when the parks aren't open as late, especially if you don't feel like hopping (or don't have hoppers). I enjoy grabbing a beer and listening to the bands play.

Here is my two cents on Disney Springs, if you wanted them. My trips I make are usually 7days/6 night trips with only 5 park days. We usually take a early flight in and check into the hotel and go to spring for late lunch/early dinner and walk around because they have so much there now. You can relax in the movies or maybe take the family to splitsville for some bowling, there are come cool shops and entertainment throughout and great new restaurants.

If you are thinking of spending a whole day there, might not be worth the time, but if you have a pool day planned, I find that Disney Springs is a fun place to stay in that "Disney Mindset" without having to go to the parks.

DS is our plan for our arrival night.. that way in case we have anything come up we dont want to have to miss and ADR or waste a park ticket.. so DS and QS it is!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter