Disney Stock News & Earnings

Status
Not open for further replies.
So far so good, the churn is pretty light...

From VZ's earnings report:

The giant telco recently added Discovery+ to a roster of distribution partnerships that also includes Apple and Disney. “As the early cohort of Disney+ customers have come off of the initial free 12-month period, more than two thirds have maintained their subscription either through their Verizon direct billing relationship or by opting in to one of our newest Mix & Match plans with the Disney bundle included,” Vestberg said.

The Disney bundle offered with select Verizon plans includes Disney+, Hulu and ESPN+. “We are happy with it on retention, and on the bottom-line side. We are making money from that” partnership. Disney reported 86.8 million subscribers to Disney+ as of December.

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/verizon-ceo-eyes-more-streaming-163129700.html?.tsrc=rss

Reminds me of an interview with Barry Diller (a former media CEO and current internet CEO) on CNBC, during the market swings in March and April, he was asked where the market was headed and his answer was a blunt "how the hell should I know"!

But, as I said a few posts ago, the long term trend has always been up. To bet against that kind of history would be a mistake, I think.
Right. It’s a long game.

171 today. I’m going to be pulling out. It’s going to even out here and then I’ll go back in in about 2 weeks. I mean I’m in for the long haul but there’s times where I like to play the ponies. 😬
Pulled out 200 shares. My accountant will let me take what I need to book next Disney World trip whenever we hop out. Then the rest will go back in at 149. Disney pays me to go on vacation January 2022. Don’t you think 149 is about what it will level out at?

Geez it's been going down all month. And I bought a bunch of additional shares at all time highs right before it dipped -- lucky me :P

I'm in it for the long haul, and over time I think this is a great investment. But I'm not happy that it's currently on a long downward trend at the moment! Market is pretty volatile though, so who knows what's to come.

I’ll buy at $99
That would be quite a dip. I think it’ll hit maybe in the 120’s in the next 52 weeks unless something remarkable happens. Then I would guess it would be 140’s as a low. That’s why I’m going back in the 140’s. It’ll always go up in the long game so even if it does go lower then that I’ll just wait it out.

Not surprised it's going down as the numbers were so high they just didn't correlate with Disney's reality. The whole market seems to be in a bubble right now.

Glad to see a market thread here lol. Happy I've made a few bucks back from this company this past cpl months after holding the stock for far too long.

edit:

But yeah, the stock rallied hard recently. I think it has more room to run, but I wont be caught dead spending my $$ in Orlando anytime soon. I'll happily reminisce on my memories going for Christmas 2019 and getting the full experience for my money. Including Rise of the Resistance without barriers etc.

I wonder how Gamestop will shake out.

I predict it will end up right where it started and many will watch those paper gains disapper.

The press wants to keep saying this is something new but it really looks just like the pump and dumps of the late 90's/early 00's. Back then, some of the schemes started on the Yahoo stock message boards, the Reddit of yesterday. Of course like everything today, it's amped up to a P&D on steroids! It's been a wild ride to watch from the sidelines, though.

As for Disney, with the quick bounce back today, it looks like yesterday was probably some forced selling by people caught in the short squeeze of GME and the other high flyers. They had to raise cash from their winners.

Actually I saw a stat a few months ago that showed the S&P 500 is basically flat for the last year when you take the 6-10 big tech companies out of it. So it could be said that 99% of companies in the S&P did not participate in the bubble at all. Problem is when the bubble bursts the leaders drop fast and will bring down all the rest. But on the positive side, there will be bargains to be had, just like in March.

As I said somewhere above, what other options besides the market are there? Put you money under the mattress or in the bank? Both pay 0% interest. Over a dozen decades, the stock market has out performed all other asset classes. And over every 10 year period it has had gains. I think betting against a 120+ year trend is riskier than the occasional bubble bursting.

I predict it will end up right where it started and many will watch those paper gains disapper.

The press wants to keep saying this is something new but it really looks just like the pump and dumps of the late 90's/early 00's. Back then, some of the schemes started on the Yahoo stock message boards, the Reddit of yesterday. Of course like everything today, it's amped up to a P&D on steroids! It's been a wild ride to watch from the sidelines, though.

As for Disney, with the quick bounce back today, it looks like yesterday was probably some forced selling by people caught in the short squeeze of GME and the other high flyers. They had to raise cash from their winners.

It's not really a Pump and Dump. A lot of people felt Game Stop was significantly over-shorted. They called on that bet, in the same way the shorters called on the bet that Game Stop was over-valued. Both positions are likely correct, but the shorters forgot to keep an eye on the other players.

Actually I saw a stat a few months ago that showed the S&P 500 is basically flat for the last year when you take the 6-10 big tech companies out of it. So it could be said that 99% of companies in the S&P did not participate in the bubble at all. Problem is when the bubble bursts the leaders drop fast and will bring down all the rest. But on the positive side, there will be bargains to be had, just like in March.

As I said somewhere above, what other options besides the market are there? Put you money under the mattress or in the bank? Both pay 0% interest. Over a dozen decades, the stock market has out performed all other asset classes. And over every 10 year period it has had gains. I think betting against a 120+ year trend is riskier than the occasional bubble bursting.
Well, there are bonds. The top end of your return isn't as high as the stock market, but they're a bit safer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter