Disney Stock News & Earnings

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm more interested in new content than watching stuff I've already seen.

Well, to be fair, there is a lot of older Disney content that I have never seen, but have wanted to. The more obscure stuff was hard to find before, but not a lot of it is on D+ so that's great!

Well, to be fair, there is a lot of older Disney content that I have never seen, but have wanted to. The more obscure stuff was hard to find before, but not a lot of it is on D+ so that's great!

It's nice that 90s Spider-man cartoon is on D+ since it was never fully released on DVD. The same can be said for Gargoyles. The whole series was never released.

What I'm not seeing is the stuff the Disney Channel played during the 80s and 90s. And a lot of the Disney Sunday Movies are also missing. I'd like to see Beyond Witch Mountain again.

For me it's not a service that I use all that much.

Until the Disney parks get back to normal, and I feel safe cruising again, I'll stick to investing in Disney. It's a buy and forget given their pricing power. I'm not worried about them not making enough earnings to keep up with inflation.

It's nice that 90s Spider-man cartoon is on D+ since it was never fully released on DVD. The same can be said for Gargoyles. The whole series was never released.

What I'm not seeing is the stuff the Disney Channel played during the 80s and 90s. And a lot of the Disney Sunday Movies are also missing. I'd like to see Beyond Witch Mountain again.

For me it's not a service that I use all that much.

Until the Disney parks get back to normal, and I feel safe cruising again, I'll stick to investing in Disney. It's a buy and forget given their pricing power. I'm not worried about them not making enough earnings to keep up with inflation.

Oh, there are definitely a few gaps, but they are working on it. I couldn't believe they released the Ewoks TV movies on there! Hopefully, more and more will come. I'd like to see Watcher in the Woods and Something Wicked This Way Comes added.

Oh, there are definitely a few gaps, but they are working on it. I couldn't believe they released the Ewoks TV movies on there! Hopefully, more and more will come. I'd like to see Watcher in the Woods and Something Wicked This Way Comes added.

I can post lots of funny reviews tearing into the Ewok movies. They're pretty terrible. I'd rather watch Willow.

Now, I'd love to Ewoks in the parks.

I'm surprised with the lack of talk about the Disneyland AP not coming back.
Curious to see what they replace it with. It was touched on in the news thread. Interesting how cavalier he was with that info. Taking about how yield is an art form they're perfecting, and long time loyalty doesn't equal yield, basically. COVID gave them the opportunity they'd been waiting for to change that. Not exactly the warm fuzzies fans want to hear, but this call wasn't for them, it was for stakeholders. We are stakeholders so it's an interesting balance.

Local APs and out of state AP should be treated differently really. If you're going to the parks everyday or even once a week, it should cost more than someone that visits 20 days a year. A tiered approach tied to # of days makes sense really.

I'm surprised with the lack of talk about the Disneyland AP not coming back.

They announced a while ago it’s not coming back in its pre-pandemic form. Yesterday Chapek talked about a “Loyalty Program” type of thing, whatever that means. I expect it to be more expensive. DL is my home park and I’ve had an AP there but parking is a dealbreaker for me. If they come out with a pass that doesn’t include parking I’ll just plan on an occasional visit and focus on WDW.

I can post lots of funny reviews tearing into the Ewok movies. They're pretty terrible. I'd rather watch Willow.

Now, I'd love to Ewoks in the parks.

I watched them with a friend of mine. I don't really remember them rom being a kid so it was new to me. They are pretty bad, but there are some good elements in them, like creatures by Joe Johnston for one. There's also a proto-Nightsister in the second one. I thought she seemed like she was from Dathomir - sure enough Wookieepedia says she was! The movies sure do get weird though, but it was still fun to watch them!

It costs money to bring the events back. The division will want to see more $ coming thru the gates before spending more $ on the extras (parades, fire works, etc.)
But putting in extras is what will bring in more $$$

Domestic parks lost $587M, that's not nothing and from what I can see in the ER, they don't break out each parks' loss. So we really can't say that WDW was profitable.

There is just no way they haven’t been operating at a very big surplus at WDW for a while now. They are spending millions less on staffing and the parks are still more crowded than they were 20 years ago.

They have it down to a science right now making the most efficient day possible to maximize profits from each guest. There’s just now way a few hotels sitting empty and the others less full is brining down the theme park revenue enough for it to be a loss.

The only reason they have kept it as minimal as possible is because they know they can get away with it even if it only increases profits by a tiny bit at a huge cost to the customer. They realize they have almost a monopoly something everyone wants. The only way to keep the product as good as it once was is to expand, but that takes risk, though for them they know it’s pretty minimal risk.

A 3rd US resort would undoubtedly be successful. But they can make the same thing just by increasing capacity and ticket prices and holding together what they’ve got with duct tape. Obviously I’m being hyperbolic, they go above and beyond to create good show most of the time. And I’m sure they had some incredible things planned for the 50th.

There is just no way they haven’t been operating at a very big surplus at WDW for a while now. They are spending millions less on staffing and the parks are still more crowded than they were 20 years ago.

They have it down to a science right now making the most efficient day possible to maximize profits from each guest. There’s just now way a few hotels sitting empty and the others less full is brining down the theme park revenue enough for it to be a loss.

The only reason they have kept it as minimal as possible is because they know they can get away with it even if it only increases profits by a tiny bit at a huge cost to the customer. They realize they have almost a monopoly something everyone wants. The only way to keep the product as good as it once was is to expand, but that takes risk, though for them they know it’s pretty minimal risk.

A 3rd US resort would undoubtedly be successful. But they can make the same thing just by increasing capacity and ticket prices and holding together what they’ve got with duct tape. Obviously I’m being hyperbolic, they go above and beyond to create good show most of the time. And I’m sure they had some incredible things planned for the 50th.

We really don't have enough facts to know for sure how profitable WDW is currently. It may feel more crowded but could that be due to so many shops, shows, rides being closed that all the common areas feel more crowded?

As for the only reason keeping it minimal is to increase profit, your completely ignoring the pandemic - what if they recall all employees get them trained up, open all hotels and then a variant takes hold and numbers spike in the US (like many other countries). Disney has gone thru openings and rapid closings at other parks around the world, the last thing they want to do is have it happen here. There are no easy answers to getting fully open.

Disney+ has built a subscriber base much quicker than any other streaming service and has exceeded expectations while doing so. What more did you expect?

There's no link between the focus on diversity and the quality of content on Disney+. They're releasing great stuff on their like Falcon and Winter Soldier, Wandavision, The Mandalorian, Soul........

It’s PROFIT that Disney+ lacks, many of their so called subscribers are from special ‘deals’ i’m a Verizon subscriber with many lines most for data devices and they all get carpet bombed with why have’nt you subscribed to Disney+ yet. So looks like Disney is trying to force a minimum participation metric. I’m a very profitable customer for VZ but the Disney machine wants a cut of that, aint getting it.

From other boards with more insiders the plan was 50 for the 50’th and the majority of it was cheap to produce festival type stuff and special decorations The biggie was supposed to be TRON. Sorry to disappoint and my information is third hand at best. But I remember at the time being severely underwhelmed. What peeps wanted was year of a million dreams, What was proposed was more on the order of the year of a million cupcakes

the Disney empire is bleeding cash every nickle from WDW is being sent to prop up studios ESPN and streaming

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter