Disney Stock News & Earnings

Status
Not open for further replies.
As much as fans hate him, I think the board and Wall Street love him. He has done a lot things they have always wanted to do. Paid FP and getting rid of MDE are 2 of those things. As much as people complain the parks are busy.
The share price isnt reflecting him doing a great job for them right now. I believe the parks are busy due to C19 pent up. Be interesting to see where they are next spring. I also see they have dropped some paid LL over they busiest period. We where warned they would surge priced a few months ago

For those interested, Bob Iger to be interviewed @CNBC Squawk On The Street in a few minutes..."Farewell Interview."

Another site "teased" this morning about rumors Iger might stay... CRUEL. 😢

I don't know what to make of it. The market in general is bonkers right now. Sure, vaccines are around the corner, so to speak. But in the meantime, the pandemic is the worst its ever been and getting worse by the day.

And most of Disney's core businesses are still crippled. What are they rising on? Just Disney plus and vaccine optimism?

Eh. I'm a shareholder, too. Only 28 shares though at the moment. Bought around $100/share so pretty nice profit if I were to sell. :D Think I'll hold forever though and gradually accumulate more.

I started with one share 35 yrs ago. Their auto-buy has helped me "dollar-cost average" with monthly buys via one of my bank accounts. Not for everyone; not a 'get-rich-quick" approach, but it's helped me ride out the lows.

The share price isnt reflecting him doing a great job for them right now. I believe the parks are busy due to C19 pent up. Be interesting to see where they are next spring. I also see they have dropped some paid LL over they busiest period. We where warned they would surge priced a few months ago
Everyone kind of said the same thing a year ago about "wondering where they are [insert time frame 6-8 months from now]". I just think demand for Disney will always be there. Their stock dropped when everyone else's stock dropped and has rebounded a bit better than the market. If it dips crazy again, I'll buy more. Been happy with my returns these few years. I also just like investing in companies I like/want to follow/feel like I have a "stake" in.

As much as fans hate him, I think the board and Wall Street love him. He has done a lot things they have always wanted to do. Paid FP and getting rid of MDE are 2 of those things. As much as people complain the parks are busy.
i have spoken to 2 families in the past 2 weeks that were at disney in the last month. One is well off and spends lots of money when they go, they enjoyed the LL and Genie + and happily paid for it and will do so again.

The other family is middle of the road like us, they paid for them as well and were pissed off about it. This was the first thing they told me about their trip when they got back, they didnt tell me about all the fun stuff. They arent going next year because of it.

I have a cousin that was down there with her family last week who goes about once a year, i havent spoken to her about her trip yet. Im interested to see what she has to say.

Chapek's decisions are effecting people's decisions.

i hope he's gone soon.

i have spoken to 2 families in the past 2 weeks that were at disney in the last month. One is well off and spends lots of money when they go, they enjoyed the LL and Genie + and happily paid for it and will do so again.

The other family is middle of the road like us, they paid for them as well and were pissed off about it. This was the first thing they told me about their trip when they got back, they didnt tell me about all the fun stuff. They arent going next year because of it.

I have a cousin that was down there with her family last week who goes about once a year, i havent spoken to her about her trip yet. Im interested to see what she has to say.

Chapek's decisions are effecting people's decisions.

i hope he's gone soon.

The petition to remove Chapek is over 84K siggies. Hope everyone who agrees, signs.

Aside from his COMPLETE disregard for how 'magic' has happened for guests for decades & his PRICE GAUGING, the issue that concerns me the most as a shareholder is his lack of attention to basic maintenance during COVID. The number of attraction fails in US parks is unacceptable. I do fear for guest safety. And the Skyliner??

Stromsnes even said, “I wouldn’t go on the Skyliner, because I think we’re grossly understaffed to do an effective rescue on that.”

https://wdwnt.com/2021/12/union-fears-reedy-creek-fire-department-is-short-staffed-for-emergencies/

A union leader striving for more members.

I shoulda known somebody would go there. :rotfl2:If it wasn't a "union leader" worried about your safety, would you take Reedy Creek 1st Reponders concerns more seriously?

Next time you're up there, think about needing to pulled off while you're dangling over those gator infested waters & you have to wait for off-property rescue squads to get there in time.

Whatever. HoHoHo! Enjoy the holidays.🎄

I shoulda known somebody would go there. :rotfl2:If it wasn't a "union leader" worried about your safety, would you take Reedy Creek 1st Reponders concerns more seriously?

Next time you're up there, think about needing to pulled off while you're dangling over those gator infested waters & you have to wait for off-property rescue squads to get there in time.

Whatever. HoHoHo! Enjoy the holidays.🎄
But that makes it the most thrilling ride in WDW! And it’s free! You say Chapek is bad. I say misunderstood genius.

That should lead to good ernings news but the bad press floating around from the customer perspective is not good, I wonder if they will get questions about it on the next call?

https://nypost.com/2022/01/18/disney-slammed-for-price-hikes-at-theme-parks-longer-wait-times/

I find the article from The Street to be poorly written. It makes several assumptions but never talked to anyone. For example, "That's why you hardly heard a complaint when the company turned its FastPass+ -- something that visitors to its Florida Parks got for free -- into Genie, a paid system offering roughly the same thing. Certainly, some regular visitors and annual passholders were upset at the change, but people who visit once in a lifetime or even once every few years just saw it as something else they had to pay for. "

So you say no one complained, then right after that you say people complained? And it's extremely short sighted, it says the changes will help shareholders but offers no insight as to the potential long term erosion of the brand as people realize a visit to Disney World is not worth it.

I find the article from The Street to be poorly written. It makes several assumptions but never talked to anyone. For example, "That's why you hardly heard a complaint when the company turned its FastPass+ -- something that visitors to its Florida Parks got for free -- into Genie, a paid system offering roughly the same thing. Certainly, some regular visitors and annual passholders were upset at the change, but people who visit once in a lifetime or even once every few years just saw it as something else they had to pay for. "

So you say no one complained, then right after that you say people complained? And it's extremely short sighted, it says the changes will help shareholders but offers no insight as to the potential long term erosion of the brand as people realize a visit to Disney World is not worth it.
It's cause shareholders only look at short term gains. Same with how Disney is running things right now.

Said every disgruntled guest for the last 50 years haha

It's cause shareholders only look at short term gains. Same with how Disney is running things right now.
Your underestimating what shareholders look for, for sure there are some that look short term, day traders, and the like. I think with a company the size of Disney i would wager a guess that most investors are in for the long hall

Your underestimating what shareholders look for, for sure there are some that look short term, day traders, and the like. I think with a company the size of Disney i would wager a guess that most investors are in for the long hall

Very true - the bulk of shares are held by funds and institutions that are usually in it for the long haul and don't jump in and out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter