Disney Stock News & Earnings

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd be THRILLED to see Chapek gone.

But Iger came out publicly against FLA's "Parental Rights in Education" Law, tweeted he supported Pres Biden's tweet "It's a hateful bill" & probably would not have allowed Disney to financially support the legislators who wrote the bill to begin with.

Given DeSantis' intolerance of any opposition, I'd guess the DeSantis machine would be attacking Disney even if Iger were still at the helm...Maybe BECAUSE Iger was still there.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/n...rida-dont-say-gay-bill-opposition-1235123313/

I'd be THRILLED to see Chapek gone.

But Iger came out publicly against FLA's "Parental Rights in Education" Law, tweeted he supported Pres Biden's tweet "It's a hateful bill" & probably would not have allowed Disney to financially support the legislators who wrote the bill to begin with.

Given DeSantis' intolerance of any opposition, I'd guess the DeSantis machine would be attacking Disney even if Iger were still at the helm...Maybe BECAUSE Iger was still there.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/n...rida-dont-say-gay-bill-opposition-1235123313/
PLEASE everyone stay out of the politics of this, the MODs have zero tolerance. Stick to just commenting on what Disney has or has not done.

If you held this stock since 2015 you’re currently up a whopping couple of bucks. Disney has failed it’s shareholders. Especially lately. Time for a class action lawsuit or time for the shareholders to begin to vote out this incompetent board.

Streaming future in doubt.
Movies slow to come and audiences still not fully back in theaters - Box Office earning are terrible across the board.
Parks and Resorts are doing very well, even if that satisfaction level seems to be way down.

Getting into the middle of a culture war was the last thing the stock needed.

In the end Disney's is mostly an entertainment company.... Netflix's huge drop is likly to trickle down. Investors have been questioning Disney+ already, so if it show any of the same weakness... And if subscriptions are down because people are looking to cut cost... well going to the theater or on a vacation is a much bigger discretionary budget line item

Stick to just commenting on what Disney has or has not done.

Well it looks like they (Disney) have managed to lose their WDW self governing jurisdiction and special taxing district (Reedy Creek), they have historically enjoyed since the Disney brothers created in over 50 years ago when Walt Disney World was born.

With Florida dissolving the RCID, Disney Stock took another nose dive. What business acumen Chapek has is being totally wiped out by being a public relations nightmare. The board may have loved him once, but I would bet not anymore. I thought that Chapek would just not be renewed in Feb next year when his contract comes up for renewal, now I do not think he is going to last that long.
Not getting into the politics of this, but when you look at the financial weight this will lift off of Disney, and place back onto Florida, it is pretty substantial. Disney would no longer be footing the bill for any of their infrastructure, (Roads, water, electricity, ect...) and on top of that, they would stop conducting inspections on all of their property, (ie rides, hotels, restaurants, ect...)

Purely from a financial standpoint this isn't a bad thing, i haven't weighed into the restrictions that may be levied against Disney if this changes, and would love if someone could enlighten me on it.

Well it looks like they (Disney) have managed to lose their WDW self governing jurisdiction and special taxing district (Reedy Creek), they have historically enjoyed since the Disney brothers created in over 50 years ago when Walt Disney World was born.
And we thought Disney World was expensive before.

Not getting into the politics of this, but when you look at the financial weight this will lift off of Disney, and place back onto Florida, it is pretty substantial. Disney would no longer be footing the bill for any of their infrastructure, (Roads, water, electricity, ect...) and on top of that, they would stop conducting inspections on all of their property, (ie rides, hotels, restaurants, ect...)

Purely from a financial standpoint this isn't a bad thing, i haven't weighed into the restrictions that may be levied against Disney if this changes, and would love if someone could enlighten me on it.

While ending RCID may transfer burden onto Osceola and Orange counties, I'm wondering how much additional tax dollars would be collected based on land valuation? I believe that Disney has been acting as the assessor on all of that land, and contributing based on their own assessment. Will the county see that land valued at the same level?

That seems like it could be a major cost, and create major uncertainty until there is some resolution.

While ending RCID may transfer burden onto Osceola and Orange counties, I'm wondering how much additional tax dollars would be collected based on land valuation? I believe that Disney has been acting as the assessor on all of that land, and contributing based on their own assessment. Will the county see that land valued at the same level?

That seems like it could be a major cost, and create major uncertainty until there is some resolution.
definitely interesting. that could be looked at as extorsion, or tax evasion depending on what side you're on haha

What this also does is a big potential for delays in projects. Under RCID they could make the projects a priority. When RCID is desolved, Disney may no longer get those perks. Something that may take 5 years may take 10.

I think the biggest is the building and expansion. Plus services. Orange and Osceola will absorb municipal services, but that means Disney would be sharing with the county so no more FD/PD dedicated to the property.

For building and expansion - under RCID, Disney basically says "we want to add DVC property" and they build DVC property. Particularly important for environmental impact since RCID "approves" it now. Now they'd have to go through the counties. I'd imagine that DIsney is hoping what they have is grandfathered - I can't imagine that building the Poly bungalows or the Copper Creek cabins met with county environmental standards since they had to fill in wetlands. Honestly, if it slows down the additional of ridiculously priced hotel rooms on property, that's a plus for me.

As for local tax burden, I have yet to see an actual independent study. Of course those who support it say Disney will pay more. Those that don't say the residents of the county will pay more. Reality is probably in the middle with the counties increasing the hotel taxes so visitors pay more.

Disney still pays a lot of money in property tax to Orange and Osceola Counties, it just gets concessions for the services and infrastructure the RCID provides (which Disney technically pays a tax to). Disney's tax burden wouldn't go up by all that much and certainly not enough to cover the added costs the dissolution of the RCID will bring to Orange and Osceola Counties and their taxpayers.

I think the biggest is the building and expansion. Plus services. Orange and Osceola will absorb municipal services, but that means Disney would be sharing with the county so no more FD/PD dedicated to the property.

For building and expansion - under RCID, Disney basically says "we want to add DVC property" and they build DVC property. Particularly important for environmental impact since RCID "approves" it now. Now they'd have to go through the counties. I'd imagine that DIsney is hoping what they have is grandfathered - I can't imagine that building the Poly bungalows or the Copper Creek cabins met with county environmental standards since they had to fill in wetlands. Honestly, if it slows down the additional of ridiculously priced hotel rooms on property, that's a plus for me.

As for local tax burden, I have yet to see an actual independent study. Of course those who support it say Disney will pay more. Those that don't say the residents of the county will pay more. Reality is probably in the middle with the counties increasing the hotel taxes so visitors pay more.
I don't know if these count as wetlands, because they were manmade on private property.

What this also does is a big potential for delays in projects. Under RCID they could make the projects a priority. When RCID is desolved, Disney may no longer get those perks. Something that may take 5 years may take 10.
Highly doubtful, slowing down jobs is in no ones best interest. Especially at a heavyweight employer like Disney

Highly doubtful, slowing down jobs is in no ones best interest. Especially at a heavyweight employer like Disney
I'm not saying they would do it purposely. With RCID they would push things through quickly where as if it's done through the county it tends to take longer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter