Disney Stroller for 6 year old

WestieChic04

Earning My Ears
Looking for rec’s for stroller rental for a 6 year old who at home doesn’t use one anymore. Just looking for something that wills be able to accommodate his length for the long Disney walking days. He’s about 47 inches, around 60 pounds.

I would actually not use a stroller. I’ve found it’s more annoying to track down stroller parking all day long than people think. If your 6 year old doesn’t have any physical issues, I would suggest doing a walking program to get ready for the trip instead. My 7 year old “trained” for Disney by doing 20,000 steps per day in the months leading up to our trip. It was cute to see him running around the house to get his steps in. And he had no issues keeping pace during our 7 days in the parks in August. We do a table service meal at least once a day though, which is at least a 1 hour break.

I unexpectedly rented one at Hollywood Studios the first day of our trip for our 7 year old because he was exhausted. I found the Disney stroller was plenty big for him and I liked that I didn’t have to take it back to the resort or deal with it on transportation. I also just paid for a multi day pass that first day so I could just walk into stroller rental at any park during our trip and grab a stroller without having to stop and do checkout again. Not sure if that’s still available as this was in 2019.

We use a single Bob Revolution jogger for our kiddo of similar size. It has a 70 lb weight capacity and I think my child was 47.5 inches tall last time we used it. It's a pain to take on the busses, though, so best for if you are driving or will be able to use Monorail/boat/Skyliner transportation most of the time.

We rented a double from the parks for our 4/4/6 year olds. Didn’t need it outside that parks, and it was really for getting to point A to point B efficiently (we also had 9 and 11 year olds). Didn’t want to deal with a stroller on the buses. My 6 year old was about 35 pounds, same as the younger 2, so they’d squeeze.

Another vote for the Bob. I have the double for a five and two year old, but same concept. Yep, it's annoying and big- but found it completely necessary. Our 5 year old needed the breaks, and we used it to quickly move around places that would have been difficult to do just walking. Also depending on where you are staying, moving around the resort can take time. Loved being able to throw all of our stuff into it and get to the pool or main building quickly.
We got ours secondhand on facebook and it has been awesome.

I would actually not use a stroller. I’ve found it’s more annoying to track down stroller parking all day long than people think. If your 6 year old doesn’t have any physical issues, I would suggest doing a walking program to get ready for the trip instead. My 7 year old “trained” for Disney by doing 20,000 steps per day in the months leading up to our trip. It was cute to see him running around the house to get his steps in. And he had no issues keeping pace during our 7 days in the parks in August. We do a table service meal at least once a day though, which is at least a 1 hour break.
I am SERIOUSLY impressed. My son does “Philmont Training Hikes” for Scouts by putting his 11 year old sister on his back once she runs out of steam. Granted, she can be a bit of a lazy walker - she’s a competitive athlete so it isn’t physical - but there is no way she would have been ready to give up the stroller entirely by 6/7. Fortunately she weighs about the same as his hiking backpack so he doesn’t complain.

I am SERIOUSLY impressed. My son does “Philmont Training Hikes” for Scouts by putting his 11 year old sister on his back once she runs out of steam. Granted, she can be a bit of a lazy walker - she’s a competitive athlete so it isn’t physical - but there is no way she would have been ready to give up the stroller entirely by 6/7. Fortunately she weighs about the same as his hiking backpack so he doesn’t complain.
Last (and first) time we used a stroller was when our youngest was 2 1/2. Oldest was 5 on that trip and did just fine. We always go at their pace. That one trip with a stroller was a pain. You can't take it anywhere, except in stores. The stores are so crowded it was a pain to be in there with the stroller. we spent more time backtracking (and walking) to get to the stroller.

OP, if you really need one just rent one at the parks as needed.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter