Disney studios crowded today???? What gives??

edolee

Mouseketeer
Had a nice evening planned for the family at DHS tonight (Sept. 6). We wanted a sleep-in day and it generally does not take us long there, so I got FP+ set up for the evening. When we had a big t-storm in the area in the early afternoon, AND it was the most recommended park on several sites, so I figured we would show up to a ghost town.

Instead, the place was packed, or at least it seemed that way to me.

At 6:20 the standby for TOT was an hour, and at 7pm the standby at TSMM was 105 minutes.... YES 105 minutes!

The weather was crappy (shows were cancelled), the crowd calendars were positive, and it is September... Wonder if anyone knows why it was so crowded? Labor day weekend trump all the above? People scared off by the hurricane last weekend all show up now?

Ed

im pretty sure I read somewhere its the last weekend of frozen sumer fu, so people are doing those activities as well

It might have to do with Labour Day, or could be the last chance before the kids go back to school. I think it's this week that most schools start up again?

I'm just hoping the masses are not using the crowd calendars and they now have an impact on attendance...

The shows do eat a lot of people, so maybe the crappy weather forced people out and into indoor ques.

Labor Day holiday. We were at Disney from Aug. 29-Sept. 5, and pretty much walked on 90 percent of the rides until Friday afternoon, when the holiday crowds started showing up.

Had a nice evening planned for the family at DHS tonight (Sept. 6). We wanted a sleep-in day and it generally does not take us long there, so I got FP+ set up for the evening. When we had a big t-storm in the area in the early afternoon, AND it was the most recommended park on several sites, so I figured we would show up to a ghost town.

Instead, the place was packed, or at least it seemed that way to me.

At 6:20 the standby for TOT was an hour, and at 7pm the standby at TSMM was 105 minutes.... YES 105 minutes!

The weather was crappy (shows were cancelled), the crowd calendars were positive, and it is September... Wonder if anyone knows why it was so crowded? Labor day weekend trump all the above? People scared off by the hurricane last weekend all show up now?

Ed

We were there that night too. It was terrible! We did our fp+ for tsmm and left.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter