Disney Style Pictures

marinejjh

DIS Veteran
Has anyone else seen the Disney Styles photos of Seann Altman dressed as Minnie? I am having a hard time supporting Disney and paying money to visit again if this is the stuff Disney won't stay out of. Have they not figured it out by how much they have lost the past 2 years?

Has anyone else seen the Disney Styles photos of Seann Altman dressed as Minnie? I am having a hard time supporting Disney and paying money to visit again if this is the stuff Disney won't stay out of. Have they not figured it out by how much they have lost the past 2 years?
Didn't give it a second thought as [legal] individual expressions are freedoms afforded to all citizens by the constitution (at least for the time being I suppose). The same freedoms you and I are exercising right now.

What I haven't figured out is why one group of people gets to dictate what those freedoms should be for another group of people (as they attempt to cancel the companies that may support them) - seems like i have heard this complaint before - oh wait - that's awkward.

Didn't give it a second thought as [legal] individual expressions are freedoms afforded to all citizens by the constitution (at least for the time being I suppose). The same freedoms you and I are exercising right now.

What I haven't figured out is why one group of people gets to dictate what those freedoms should be for another group of people (as they attempt to cancel the companies that may support them) - seems like i have heard this complaint before - oh wait - that's awkward.
I am all for individual freedom, just not big corporations pushing an agenda. Which Disney has been doing for a few years. Part of why they are losing money every quarter. Conservative, often wealthy families aren't supporting them anymore. Have they not seen what is happening to Anheiser and Target lately.

I am all for individual freedom, just not big corporations pushing an agenda. Which Disney has been doing for a few years. Part of why they are losing money every quarter. Conservative, often wealthy families aren't supporting them anymore. Have they not seen what is happening to Anheiser and Target lately.
So that I understand you, big corporations (while they are afforded freedoms of speech) - are not allowed to push agendas but Conservative Wealthy Families (not sure that's a credential or has any credibility with me either) should be able to push agendas?

Not getting your logic at all - essentially all I am hearing you say is that as long as certain people think like you do - they should be allowed freedoms and everyone else should be cancelled/banned.

So freedom of expression, so long as you agree with them?

And not sure about what you mean economically. In Q2 of 2023, The Walt Disney Company generated about 21.82 billion U.S. dollars in revenue, up 13 percent from the same quarter of the previous year. As far as Target goes, in Q1 total sales increased and profitability was ahead of expectations. Target won't release Q2 till Aug 15th.

And not sure about what you mean economically. In Q2 of 2023, The Walt Disney Company generated about 21.82 billion U.S. dollars in revenue, up 13 percent from the same quarter of the previous year. As far as Target goes, in Q1 total sales increased and profitability was ahead of expectations. Target won't release Q2 till Aug 15th.
So its not just me reading it that way ...

Exactly. My family won't support the lifestyle that Disney is endorsing. Just be Disney instead of catering to the few.

Exactly. My family won't support the lifestyle that Disney is endorsing. Just be Disney instead of catering to the few.
Your right to support what you want is afforded by the constitution - no one is stopping you.

The fact that you feel your rights matter more (in your great fear of the so-called 'few') at the suspension of everyone else's rights resonates loudly with some of the world's darkest history - keep that in mind.

Everyone's rights are sacred - or there is no point to a constitution or a country - you do understand this right?

A) corporations inherently push agendas (like capitalism)
B) corporations have long pushed particularly conservative agendas but some people only seem to complain if they push "liberal" agendas ("Universe of Energy" says whaaaaaat - as someone who enjoyed the attraction but hated that ExxonMobil used it to decry things like solar energy)
C) "Corporations are people, my friends" (a statement with which I'd disagree but has been held for some time and turned into established precedent by the Citizens United ruling)
D) Who cares. What does it matter to you? I find Tik Tok to be insipid; I find influencers to be a turn-off for things I'd want to support/purchase. But not all of life is about me; so I simply move on and don't need to be catered to every moment of every day. If you don't like it, don't engage with it. None of us are the center of the universe. Except maybe for Bill Nye when he made some joke about going back - way back - and the screens expanded. Did I mention that I think I'm the only person in the Universe who enjoyed that attraction (pun totally intended)

Oh man - there's this great song by an artist I love. It's called "Gotta Go Now" by Melissa Ferrick. And it is explicit about things like, "Freedom of speech is fine - as long as it doesn't cross the line." Man. That song. Anyway.

That's a pretty broad generalized statement with nothing to back it up. Some would like to attribute any Disney loss to liberal views, but seriously, there are tons of factors. There are plenty of higher income, conservative families still pumping tons of money into Disney. "Anymore" is laughable.

I always point back to a certain conservative group's boycott in the 90s. It lasted all of 5 minutes and they were right back flooding the parks.

We as Americans have short attention spans and typically seem to get in an outrage and then go right back to our same lives. Even me - I am (was) outraged about recent DIS events, but here I am. 🙃

That's a pretty broad generalized statement with nothing to back it up. Some would like to attribute any Disney loss to liberal views, but seriously, there are tons of factors. There are plenty of higher income, conservative families still pumping tons of money into Disney. "Anymore" is laughable.

I always point back to a certain conservative group's boycott in the 90s. It lasted all of 5 minutes and they were right back flooding the parks.

We as Americans have short attention spans and typically seem to get in an outrage and then go right back to our same lives. Even me - I am (was) outraged about recent DIS events, but here I am. 🙃
We will see long term. Other companies are hurting. Look at how desperate Anheiser and Target are right now. I think Disney will quickly realize that they have a much higher conservative following then the small trans community.

We will see long term. Other companies are hurting. Look at how desperate Anheiser and Target are right now. I think Disney will quickly realize that they have a much higher conservative following then the small trans community.
So you really don't care about individual expression or Disney for that matter ... seems very politically motivated to me ...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter