Disney Summer Virtual Series 2021

smctopia

Visit Walt Dated World
The last few years, registration started in March. I haven't heard anything yet for this year. Will this be happening?

No one knows. We are hoping there is some sort of announcement about future races soon, and some speculation that Disney might make one after SW weekend about the summer series and hopefully W&D/MW as well, but that is just speculation at this point.

I check the rD website a couple mornings each week to see if there’s any change to the website. 😂😂

The last few years, registration started in March. I haven't heard anything yet for this year. Will this be happening?

We don't know. I expect and hope they are preparring a big annouoncement about future rundisney plans not just in terms of virtual series, but W&D, MW, and princess.

I sent DH the picture and he was all “DO IT! I want those medals!” Which is hilarious because he’s having a hard time getting runs/cross training done for his 10k at the end of next month and I feel like I’m nagging him a lot about doing what amounts to 25min of running at least once a week.

I have not done any of these because I did not like the medals, but I like these. Will ask the wife if she is interested.

I run 5 miles or more 5x every week, so a 5k challenge would have to come with a time goal to get me going.

I hate virtual races....but Lion King....sigh.

Same here. Hate virtual but those are cool medals.

Maybe this is a sign we will be getting an announcement of in-person races this month. Tempt us with nice virtual medals and get people to signup and then later this month announce W&D or MW. Maybe that's the plan?

I'm new to these races (and 5K's in general). When does registration typically open up? And what time?

I'm new to these races (and 5K's in general). When does registration typically open up? And what time?

Typical doesn't apply this year.

This year opens Thursday at 10am. 2-3 days notice is not normal (but what is this year).

So Thursday 10am.

I am not really into the Lion King, so the medals don’t interest me like last year’s attraction medals did. Good luck to everyone who wants to sign up!

Are these medals METAL or are they rubber/plastic things? I may sign up and do them as part of my training for the 2021 Wine and Dine if they're real medals, otherwise, meh.

Are these medals METAL or are they rubber/plastic things? I may sign up and do them as part of my training for the 2021 Wine and Dine if they're real medals, otherwise, meh.
They are metal. All of the virtual series medals have been metal since inception. I think they only do the plastic/rubber for kids races now.

I have not done any of these because I did not like the medals, but I like these. Will ask the wife if she is interested.

I run 5 miles or more 5x every week, so a 5k challenge would have to come with a time goal to get me going.

Last year I did a time trial 5k each month (June, July, August) to justify my medals and to see if the speedwork I was doing was paying off.

Finally a year that I'm going to be able to take a pass on. Not a big Lion King fan, but I'm really glad for those who are and are getting the chance to get these medals. I'll still be working on earning my Star Wars Half Marathon/Kessel Run (now virtual) medals this summer. One broken toe ruins the bunch I can attest..... :crutches:

Great idea for a virtual series. The medals themselves also look really good. If this doesn't sell out immediately (hah!), I may have to do this....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter