• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney themed nursery ideas needed

Raenstoirm

DIS Veteran
We are planning on doing our twins' nursery in a disney theme. We haven't decided on exactly what though. The room is currently my office and is painted baby mickey blue. We don't plan on repainting, but are thinking of doing a mural wall or accent wall. (maybe memo or baby fab 5?) We do not know the genders yet, but I don't want to go princessy even if its two girls so the genders don't matter much with the theme. Can you show me pics of your disney nursery/kids' rooms to give me some ideas?

we just did our nursery in Mickey and Friends theme. The accent mural wall we painted a soft rolling hill 2/3rds down the wall in a light mint green and above the hill is light blue. Then i painted on a couple fluffy clouds. We bought decals on Amazon, a huge tree with all the fab five characters around and in it, another set that has mickey giving minnie a present and balloons, and the decals with the characters to scatter around the room. To spell out the baby's name, hobby lobby had the most beautiful large letters that were pink (they had blue too), in a lightweight wood with glitter all over the top (and it doesnt fall off!), so i used command strip small hooks and hung them with white ribbon and then looked on youtube to learn how to make classic bows with the pink and white polka dot ribbon. It looks so cute. I also hand painted 5 paintings of the characters. I picked up 2 small wall shelves at hobby lobby. Also i found on ebay a handprint kit that is ceramic and has a nice bow hanger to put up on the wall. The room came out super cute. Our other nursery is the same except it has Winnie the Pooh decals, amazon has a super huge pooh bear holding balloons. Oh, and for the top of the wall we used Mickey and Friends wall border that is a landscape design. Enjoy decorating!

Small World?

We didn't go down that route in the end but I did pin some pictures of the Small World nursery on board the Disney cruise ships when I was planning for our youngest :)

We went with Dumbo in the end - soft yellow walls, sky blue ceiling and a cot bed duvet cover and pillowcase set that picked out both those colours with some little red accents.

We did Pooh for my older DS and reused a lot of the stuff for my b/g twins.
We have a quote above each crib, like http://www.amazon.com/Newsee-Decals-Pooh-Vinyl-Inspirational-sticker/dp/B006SO1TB6
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0..._m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_r=1RFN78X4PS0DF6MVCEA0
Although, we went with a more colorful Pooh look rather than the "baby" Pooh or the classic Pooh
We used other reusable stickers, Pooh crib sheets, and decorated with stuffed animals on shelves.
We didn't even bother buying the bumpers, blankets, etc. because we don't feel they are safe, and with infant twins, there is no way I am making a crib bed every morning for things to be pretty.

I am going to switch to Mickey Mouse Clubhouse for toddler room (except the girl bed will be Minnie). (They will get their own rooms around 4-5, and then I guess we will pick from there).

My older DS (8) had Pooh nursery, Lightning McQueen (toddler), and Star Wars now, which he still thinks is cool.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter