Disney tips everyone should know

For kids (and adults too:)) Get the Sorcerers of the Magic Kingdom cards each day you go to the MK (each member of family can get one pack per day so lots to trade). All 3 of my kids loved doing this one late night at MK. Also the Wilderness Explorers Badge booklet at Animal Kingdom-great way to really appreciate the beauty that is that park (too many judge it by "3 big rides and done" park)-and the CM interaction was the absolute best of anywhere.

If you are not a first timer and want to enjoy some things that are not usually high priority, I suggest watching some of the shows at the various countries in Epcot. The American singers are wonderful! and the various acts that are put on in England were hilarious. My daughters and I usually go every year but last year was the first time we took the time to enjoy some of the entertainment in Epcot. There are a lot of hidden treasures there.

Each park has a Care Center w/ nurses. I have received Ibuprofen and band-aids for free. You just have ask and sign for it. I'm not sure what else they will give out.

Since just about every ride exits at a gift shop I don't mind stopping and looking for a few but to keep us moving when DS8 sees something he likes #1 I take a picture of it..at the end of the day we look at the pictures so he can decide what he wants to spend his money on and remember the location.This also helps if I get back home and want to call merchandise # for something I missed and wish I had purchased
#2 to keep DS8 in a set spending limit he has a giftcard for everyday we're in the park..when it's empty he's done!

Also if you need to travel up or down Main Street during a parade, you can do so by going through the shops. They are all connected inside.

Not our 1st trip lol! We have more then a few trips under our belt...got to rope drop for our 8:05 ADR at crystal palace..our need for waffles was great and while the big crowd was slowly taking in main street we headed to the left dashed through all the empty stores saying good morning to all the CMs, just in time for breakfast! That totally works for parades too!

My tip is to label things that are important -- hats, autograph books, pin lanyards, stuffed animals, etc... My 4yrold lost his favorite Lightning McQueen hat at MK....luckily it was turned in. He also lost his autograph book which had 8 signatures in it.... We didn't get that back but fortunately it was early on in the trip and we managed to see those characters again (Pooh, Tigger, Eeyore and Piglet). And my husband lost his Magic Band and that was also turned in!

If you are bringing or renting a stroller, buy a cheap colorful scarf and tie it around the handle. This was one of the things my husband said I over-planned but boy, did he appreciate it! When you walk out of some areas or rides, or get your stroller moved, in a sea of strollers, it helps and saves time!

Oh and for comfort;
- rotate shoes each day or if you take a break back in the room - it helps those tired feet!
- my husband and son swear by body glide, it's one of the things he is willing to carry in his pocket!

My tip is to label things that are important -- hats, autograph books, pin lanyards, stuffed animals, etc... My 4yrold lost his favorite Lightning McQueen hat at MK....luckily it was turned in. He also lost his autograph book which had 8 signatures in it.... We didn't get that back but fortunately it was early on in the trip and we managed to see those characters again (Pooh, Tigger, Eeyore and Piglet). And my husband lost his Magic Band and that was also turned in!

One year our kids wanted the personalized leather bracelets. We brought them back on the next trip and I wrote my cell phone number on the inside so if the kids were lost they could show a CM the number. Didn't lose a kid, but DD lost her bracelet and I got a call from lost and found. :upsidedow

Thanks for the suggestion. I will label our other items for our upcoming trip.

Don't forget to make a call to your credit/debit card company a few days before leaving and let them know you are going on vacation so you can avoid the embarrassment of having a purchase refused because of a fraud alert placed on your account.

Don't forget to make a call to your credit/debit card company a few days before leaving and let them know you are going on vacation so you can avoid the embarrassment of having a purchase refused because of a fraud alert placed on your account.

Yes!!!! This happened to us several years ago. We drive to Disney and it's a 2-day trip for us so we fortunately found out about it before we got to DW but only because our older sons weren't traveling with us on that trip and they were at home to get the call from the credit card company (actually, there were 3 messages on the answering machine in less than 5 hours -- Chase was really trying to get in touch with us). Which leads me to "part b" of this tip....make sure your credit card company has a cell phone number to contact you! Until this happened to us, we didn't realize/remember that we only listed our home phone number as a contact number for the credit cards.

Or hand your camera to the photographer, they are more than happy to snap a picture for you if you ask nicely :thumbsup2

My experience with this (and i had MM PLUS my camera) is that with MM i got a TON of pictures, with my personal camera, they took 1. So...just saying

Be patient and tolerant with castmembers, especially when and if a problem arises. No, they're not perfect, but they try very hard to make sure you're having a wonderful (Magical) experience at WDW, and they put up with a LOT from rude, disrespectful guests (I know, I've seen it firsthand).

Besides, it's just easier being nice to people. :thumbsup2
I work as a retail cashier so I KNOW how people get treated. I've learned that you just need to treat people the way you want to be treated! sure, everyone has a bad day but these poor people are just trying to make a living...it's HOT and crowded and they do their very best to make YOUR day better! have a conversation, make them laugh and treat them like they matter!

Not sure what numbers these would be but.....
Bring a camel pack and fill with water. Much easier than constantly asking for a cup of ice to fill with water or constantly buying bottled and you are hands free.
If you don't need to see the parades over and over, go to some of your favorite rides then. The lines are shorter.

I try to be a gracious to cm's everywhere. I find the nicer I am even in the most stressful situations they will do the same. It is always nice to deal with nice people. The ones who are having a bad day always seem to appreciate someone who cares. But then that is how I try and treat everything in my life. If I explode then my kids know that the blank hit the fan.

One of mine is just the opposite of #3...buy things when you see them and have it sent to main gate/resort for later pickup. You don't always have time for a second go at things.

7. Spend the $$$ on Memory Maker so that you can be IN the photos.
How do you have things sent to the front gate? Is it the same process at all the parks?:genie:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter