Disney to Apples

Aluminum Falcon

DIS Veteran
I have seen some rumors, (not anything coming from finance sources) of Iger selling Disney to Apple. What do you think the chances are?

That rumor has actually been around for at least a few years now. Still, no surprise that it is being renewed with the events of this week. As for the chances of it actually happening, I don't think anyone really knows. Apple wants IP and programming for its hardware and streaming service. Apple knows that is not their forte, so it makes some sense to acquire established brands. But they also don't know anything about the other multi-media industires Disney is involved in and have not expressed an interest in industries like parks, restaurants, and resorts. So who knows if that is the kind of business they would want to take on as part of a Disney deal

That rumor has actually been around for at least a few years now. Still, no surprise that it is being renewed with the events of this week. As for the chances of it actually happening, I don't think anyone really knows. Apple wants IP and programming for its hardware and streaming service. Apple knows that is not their forte, so it makes some sense to acquire established brands. But they also don't know anything about the other multi-media industires Disney is involved in and have not expressed an interest in industries like parks, restaurants, and resorts. So who knows if that is the kind of business they would want to take on as part of a Disney deal
i wonder is a streaming partnership could be in the works between the two. i would agree that apple probably wouldn't have an appetite for everything Disney offers, especially right now with the Nasdaq where it is, and there is no shot that Disney would break up into pieces

Why would Apple want to take on the tremendous debt that Disney has? Just for the streaming?? That would be awful expensive. I have seen some strange things over the years, but this one does not make sense.

I'm with you, i just don't understand how a rumor like that even gets legs
It’s been mulling around ever since they acquired Pixar.

It got a little louder while Iger was on the Board of Directors at Apple for the better part of a decade before the launch of Disney+ and Apple TV+.

Now with his first successor not finding a footing with the company all rumors will swirl around during Iger’s second run until the succession picture is clear.

Will be interesting to observe and then eventually read the book(s) about this period in time for the Walt Disney Company.

I have seen some rumors, (not anything coming from finance sources) of Iger selling Disney to Apple. What do you think the chances are?
Dont think this happens--- but look for something between Disney & AMC --- might be announced by end of year

This basically a rumor that resurfaced--- dont think it happens, but would watch for Disney & AMC deal -- possibly sometime by end of year--- the CEOs (now that Iger is back) are extremely friendly, and Adam Aron has been cryptically tweeting

test.... replies not appearing-- Okay--- this rumor seemed to resurface--- doubt it happens--- but look for something between Disney & AMC to be announced, possibly by end of year

test.... replies not appearing-- Okay--- this rumor seemed to resurface--- doubt it happens--- but look for something between Disney & AMC to be announced, possibly by end of year
Now that Iger back, better chance --- Adam Aron and Iger are very close

i wonder is a streaming partnership could be in the works between the two. i would agree that apple probably wouldn't have an appetite for everything Disney offers, especially right now with the Nasdaq where it is, and there is no shot that Disney would break up into pieces
I don't see that simply because they are competitors in that space and Disney is far ahead of Apple in that game (even though the Apple tech is better, the Disney platforms have so much more content than Apple has produced that Disney should have more subs for a long time). Besides, Disney already tried the partnership in the streaming field (Hulu) and it seems they have regretted that decision for years

I don't see that simply because they are competitors in that space and Disney is far ahead of Apple in that game (even though the Apple tech is better, the Disney platforms have so much more content than Apple has produced that Disney should have more subs for a long time). Besides, Disney already tried the partnership in the streaming field (Hulu) and it seems they have regretted that decision for years
Hulu is interesting because Disney owns a majority stake, so I don’t think a “partnership” is necessarily the best way to describe it. I agree that apple is really the one in need of a partnership, but they could also support Disney on the technical end, and I personally think that Disney is in need of help on that end

Hulu is interesting because Disney owns a majority stake, so I don’t think a “partnership” is necessarily the best way to describe it. I agree that apple is really the one in need of a partnership, but they could also support Disney on the technical end, and I personally think that Disney is in need of help on that end
I agree. That's why the merger (at least with respect to this one aspect of the businesses) makes sense. The tech for Hulu and (to a lesser extent) Disney+ kind of sucks. Disney didn't even develop the root of it. ESPN bought it from MLB years before Disney was even thinking about getting into streaming. But in terms of a partnership, I don't see how it really helps Apple. They have the better tech already. They need more quality content. Disney has plenty of that but I can't imagine Disney giving up any of its content, even in return for tech help. In retrospect, they seemed to regret licensing Marvel stuff to Netflix. So I can't imagine they would do the same for Apple

Why would Apple want to take on the tremendous debt that Disney has? Just for the streaming?? That would be awful expensive. I have seen some strange things over the years, but this one does not make sense.
Your right, good deal for Disney, bad idea for applel.

Would they ever do a strategic partnership to test the waters a la American and JetBlue?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter